Sign in to follow this  
LykosMactire

NB_BAF (United Kingdom Armed Forces) WIP thread

With NB_ACR and NB_USarmy nearing release, i've decided to post the next mod we will be working on, and a few screens of progress we made while at standstills with the other mods.

10569074_838765839468197_1690366033349158334_n.png

This mod will feature the following

-UK Infantrymen in DPM wood and desert, plus MTP

-ArmA II helmet and Vest from BAF

-Jackals based off the source files alpion released

-Offroads based off the source files alpion releases

-AH-1 Apache Longbow

-Reskins of the Warrior and AW159 and AW101 Merlin

-(not for sure yet) Reskin of Slammer for Armored support

-Portion of the BAF arsenal ported over.

NEW SCREENS

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/10524262_839371842740930_57458542022284387_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/10403838_839371792740935_6932867882758217442_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/10572120_839371819407599_3918729690938875068_o.jpg

the progress you see now maybe as far as we go until we release atleast ACR, but it will be made

(NOTE: the reason i used the NATO uniform in this case is that it is actually a modified BAF uniform from arma 2 to match the looks of the Crye Percision)

Edited by AngelWingGamingJacob

Cool. I'm not really into all these uniforms/different variants of the same weapon, but I like these.

Will you be making a Mk4 Osprey? or sticking with the outdated Mk2 you've got in your screenshots?

Will you be making a Mk4 Osprey? or sticking with the outdated Mk2 you've got in your screenshots?

the MK2 is all we got at the moment as its the vest from A2 BAF, we're going to try to add the pouches back so it looks better

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:00 ----------

our mod is not gunna be like massis mod and fill up the weapons section with different versions of the same weapon ,if our weapons are going to have optics theyre going to be put on in the loadout, not pre-defined on a weapon,

Being part of a British-based group, this is very exciting news :)

BAF/UKAF was on our "you gotta fking do" lists for some time now, after we get the vests updated we're going to go back and finish the Czechs and then do some more work on them

Not really sure on those textures, think they could use a bit more work. Too much contrast maybe? Just doesnt look right.

Since when have the British used Merkava tanks? I thought they had Challengers.

Consider porting or making British MRAPs. Maybe Ridgeback's, Foxhound's or other MRAPs used in Afghanistan.

Not really sure on those textures, think they could use a bit more work. Too much contrast maybe? Just doesnt look right.

Since when have the British used Merkava tanks? I thought they had Challengers.

Consider porting or making British MRAPs. Maybe Ridgeback's, Foxhound's or other MRAPs used in Afghanistan.

i said temporary until we can make one, and i'll see about that

---------- Post added at 06:12 ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 ----------

also the DDPM will get color fixes as the dark tone is too dark

Latest commandment of the modding bible - Though shall never take screenshots in Virtual Reality ;) It seriously messes up the contrast/brightness on anything that it touches.

actually the woodland DPM was too highly contrasted and is fixed, just i dont have that dev build ATM

actually the woodland DPM was too highly contrasted and is fixed, just i dont have that dev build ATM

You do realise DPM is getting replaced in the British Army with MTP. But i can understand if you want to include it in your mod pack for those that may want to use it.

You do realise DPM is getting replaced in the British Army with MTP. But i can understand if you want to include it in your mod pack for those that may want to use it.

yea, its actually a shhoutout to the unit i was in NATOJO and one of the members, Captain Weston. who is a british police officer irl. he loves the DPM camos

There is already an established UKAF Group. Its been around for a long time already.

http://www.rkslstudios.info/projects/seperator/uk-armed-forces-collection

http://www.rkslstudios.info/public-forum/28

its part of the NB goal that caused us to do this mod along with most of our others, One of our goals is to bring a new look on some ArmA factions (CDF, RACS, Takistan), and also bring a alternative to some mods with other factions (NB_USMC as an alternative to massi, US army alternative to Alexvestin)

its part of the NB goal that caused us to do this mod along with most of our others, One of our goals is to bring a new look on some ArmA factions (CDF, RACS, Takistan), and also bring a alternative to some mods with other factions (NB_USMC as an alternative to massi, US army alternative to Alexvestin)

Thats nice.

But I'd ask that you don't use our UKAF name and tag to avoid confusion. NB_BAF perhaps?

Thats nice.

But I'd ask that you don't use our UKAF name and tag to avoid confusion. NB_BAF perhaps?

that was just the name when i posted, its NB_BAF,

Thats because you can't rename a posted thread..

Thread title says otherwise though.

a owner of a thread cannot change the title, and if you read my post more carefully i said that was what it originally was going to be named, but shortly after stated otherwise that it would now be NB_BAF

a owner of a thread cannot change the title, and if you read my post more carefully i said that was what it originally was going to be named, but shortly after stated otherwise that it would now be NB_BAF

Really i must have missed that.

Just ask a Moderator to change it for you.

will a mod please change this thread name to say NB_BAF instead of NB_UKAF, thanks