Sign in to follow this  
Flemdot Jr

FIA Weapons

If the FIA are supposed to be a militia type faction then why do they have standardised weapons, Shouldn't they have captured AAF and CSAT weapons?

Oh and I know about there backstory about being supplied by the CIA but it still doesn't make sense.

Uhm, usually guerrillas have their own sources. For instance for example the I.R.A. was know to buy Russian weapons, etc. So to a certain point makes sense that they have somehow standardized weapons ( for logistical reasons ). Probably due to limitations there should be some captured equipment.

But could be perfectly feasible that someone provides them with weapons, the US, Israel, Russia, whoever.

Uhm, usually guerrillas have their own sources. For instance for example the I.R.A. was know to buy Russian weapons, etc. So to a certain point makes sense that they have somehow standardized weapons ( for logistical reasons ). Probably due to limitations there should be some captured equipment.

But could be perfectly feasible that someone provides them with weapons, the US, Israel, Russia, whoever.

I think that in the future, maybe after next year we may see things like FIA and other factions having more weapons in their ammo cache's. That would be nice. So if CIA supplies the FIA, maybe we could see them getting things like ACR's and other kinda modern weapons.

They do have some AAF weapons. Their LMG is the same as the AAF's and they also have few classes which use the AAF bullpup rifles (can't recall the name right now).

The entire campaign makes very little sense... I gave up around the time I had to raid that depot to get a fuel truck.

Surprisingly enough, guerrilla warfare and insurgency doesn't work by ramboing through entire battalions of enemy soliders. I went into it hoping that there'd be more guerilla aspects to it, using enemy weapons and such... The MK20 and TRG use the same ammo at least.

The entire campaign makes very little sense... I gave up around the time I had to raid that depot to get a fuel truck.

Uhm? I have played that mission twice ( Bingo Fuel ) and at the first time I did it more or less ramboing ( it was hell and it took me 4 hours ).

And the second time I used my brain, then I discovered that at the beginning you could gather 8 team-mates, and using mainly infiltration tactics and guerrilla warfare ( I had with me a silencer that I had keeping from older missions ), so I finished that mission with only one squadmate down ( the AT one, because the AI it's really bad and when I sent him to destroy a MRAP he just stand still ). I ended it in one hour.

Surprisingly enough, guerrilla warfare and insurgency doesn't work by ramboing through entire battalions of enemy soliders. I went into it hoping that there'd be more guerilla aspects to it, using enemy weapons and such... The MK20 and TRG use the same ammo at least.

I always used my enemies weapons in the campaign, in fact I ended with an AAF vest, a CSAT helmet, NV, etc. Most of that stuff captured in the first mission of the second part ( in some corpse in a destroyed village and later when I ambushed a couple CSAT guys ). And keep it for practically the entire 2nd part.

The whole point was not to rambo anything, but to use your brain and avoid fights.

I think that in the future, maybe after next year we may see things like FIA and other factions having more weapons in their ammo cache's. That would be nice. So if CIA supplies the FIA, maybe we could see them getting things like ACR's and other kinda modern weapons.

That would be cool.

I'd definitely love to see them have more varied equipment including some 'AK' weapons, a Galil or RK95 would be great to have in the hands of the guerillas.

Given the choice of the Tavor, a Galil would make a lot of sense. Maybe then they can use the ARM Galil as a marksman rifle instead of the Mk. 20, in the same way in BAF the L86A2 was used as a marksman rifle. Or better yet, a proper Galil sniper.

Given the choice of the Tavor, a Galil would make a lot of sense. Maybe then they can use the ARM Galil as a marksman rifle instead of the Mk. 20, in the same way in BAF the L86A2 was used as a marksman rifle. Or better yet, a proper Galil sniper.

Not in a Greece or in Malta - these countries never used Galil , they use more regular equipment like Type56 (AK clone) in Malta or M4 , FN FAL and G3 in Greece

and Tavor seems to be a good choice but one thing i do agree tho that in the game they could use even older weaponry

Edited by RobertHammer

Well, it seemed consistent with the whole Israeli weaponry thing they seem to have going. Though, at least an M4 would satisfy a little all the people being nostalgic about the good ol' days when they were fightin' takiban back in T-stan.

I wouldn't mind them bringing back the FN-FAL for AAF but more modern and with a rail system. Not only that, but the AAF looks like it'd use the modern version of the SKS as well for their DMR.

At the very least, it'd be nice if the FIA Marksman had a marksman rifle, even a bolt-action hunting rifle, instead of an assault rifle. Any bolt action 8mm Euro rifle with a scope would do, really.

How about some plain static weapons? Iron sight .50s and non lockon static AT?

I don't mind the default mk30/Titans for Nato/CSAT but for insurgents/guerillas they just feel too technological with the digital zoom/nvg/thermals and other fancy features. I just want to get rid of the scopes/lockons for most of my missions.

I do <3 the FIA technicals.

Yeah FIA should definitely have the M2 .50 as their static HMG. Maybe even the AAF too.

Maybe someone should make a ticket for that. Maybe a Javelin (either the British AA missile or the FGM-148 AT missile) since they apparently have NATO support, and the mentioned M2 for statics? Or if Javelin's still too new, a recoilless rifle on tripod? The Breda Folgore, maybe? For that matter, maybe an L16 81mm mortar would be more appropriate than the Mk6 ingame, since it lacks an autozeroing feature and is in service with the Maltian army, which would be an example of a Mediterreanean island with it in service.

The FIA is mostly made up of former pre-cival war AAF. Hence, it would make sense they are able to maintain AAF weapons, and a good quality of logistics. Also since the update, you can even encounter FIA members with AAF carriers, and such. The only thing I think they really need is some sort of AT truck. Possibly a Alamut attached to the back.

Edited by silentghoust

The only thing I think they really need is some sort of AT truck. Possibly a Almot attached to the back.

What's an Almot?

What's an Almot?

Dunno, I tried googling it and all I got was something about COD. Maybe it's a recoilless rifle or something (which would be very nice).

As for how well equipped FIA are, I think it's fairly clear that they're being supplied by Miller's team and that has been going on for years (Stavrou mentions "Our British friends for all these years"). I've got my own backstory planned out.

CSAT are interested in Altis. NATO wants to know why CSAT are so interested as well as keeping them contained. CTRG (Miller's group) are inserted to find out why CSAT are so interested, bearing in mind that in peace time a man with a gun sticks out a hell of a lot more than in a war FIA are supplied with weaponry and advice aimed at destabilising the country, making Miller's job easier but not quite allowed to get strong enough to take the country which would force CSAT away (Stratis being used as a staging point, the island being in confusion while everyone packs up to leave.) I had made a start on making a campaign out of this but I kind of lost interest, I might go back to it someday.

Dunno, I tried googling it and all I got was something about COD. Maybe it's a recoilless rifle or something (which would be very nice).

As for how well equipped FIA are, I think it's fairly clear that they're being supplied by Miller's team and that has been going on for years (Stavrou mentions "Our British friends for all these years"). I've got my own backstory planned out.

CSAT are interested in Altis. NATO wants to know why CSAT are so interested as well as keeping them contained. CTRG (Miller's group) are inserted to find out why CSAT are so interested, bearing in mind that in peace time a man with a gun sticks out a hell of a lot more than in a war FIA are supplied with weaponry and advice aimed at destabilising the country, making Miller's job easier but not quite allowed to get strong enough to take the country which would force CSAT away (Stratis being used as a staging point, the island being in confusion while everyone packs up to leave.) I had made a start on making a campaign out of this but I kind of lost interest, I might go back to it someday.

misspelling XD met to type alamut. It is the light RPG that CSAT and FIA use.

As part of the Marksman DLC they should add a Hunting rifle for Civs and FIA.

As part of the Marksman DLC they should add a Hunting rifle for Civs and FIA.

If they bring back the Kozlice I'd be very happy. Good memories.