Sign in to follow this  
zhaoyun707

Seperating the grass settings from Object Settings

If you may have have noticed, if you set your settings on low on Objects. You get less grass.

Is it possible to have ultra object rendering while obtaining less grass? OR Force everybody to have the same level of grass detail so its not unfair to other players who play on Ultra on object settings.

Is it possible to have ultra object rendering while obtaining less grass? OR Force everybody to have the same level of grass detail so its not unfair to other players who play on Ultra on object settings.

Yes it is.

setTerrainGrid 3.125; (or whatever number you feel is best for your mission/server)

in the mission init.sqf

I agree. It would be more user-friendly to have some separated options, such as "Grass Distance", "Tree Distance"....

I'm not sure if object distance/detail or whatever is still tied to how far you can see a soldier/other unit too but that should be separate as well.

They need to render grass far distance so ghilie suits can camouflage at long range.

Pretty obvious that a man proned at a distant is a lump of grass when grass isn't rendered at that distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The grass has always been useless except being eye candy for single player mode.

Even with maximum grass settings it is displayed only in a radius of maybe hundred metres around the player. All it does is to block the view while lying down while other players can see the lying one from far away.

I would prefer to have two separate settings for grass:

- grass density

- grass rendering distance

This would allow to trade detail for rendering distance according to personal taste.

I'm not sure if object distance/detail or whatever is still tied to how far you can see a soldier/other unit too but that should be separate as well.

No, it shouldn't. You didn't thought this through, did you? Set object draw distance low and units draw distance high and voilá, perfect cheating since you could see units usually hidden behind objects.