kimi_uy

US Helicopters (HAFM OVerhaul) MOD

They arent there. I have this problem on many different versions of arma 3. "Vanilla" heli imported pack works like a charm, HAFM Overhaul mod doesn't.

They arent there. I have this problem on many different versions of arma 3. "Vanilla" heli imported pack works like a charm, HAFM Overhaul mod doesn't.

Are u sure you are not running the old hafm helis at the same time?

Don't know if anybody already mentioned it, but the UH60M_green is not yet configured for Zeus.

Would you ever think about doing animated doors on the blackhawk and huey?

I'm sorry but that isn't gonna happen anytime soon :s

---------- Post added at 18:36 ---------- Previous post was at 18:36 ----------

Don't know if anybody already mentioned it, but the UH60M_green is not yet configured for Zeus.

Will check, thanks.

Does this mod support the advanced flight model? I've been having great fun with it, and it sounds like the HUDs would allow me to ditch the non-diegetic TKOH-style gauges.

Does this mod support the advanced flight model? I've been having great fun with it, and it sounds like the HUDs would allow me to ditch the non-diegetic TKOH-style gauges.

It would be awesome, but until some more light is shed on the FM and I get some assistance to adapt it I won't be doing it.

What are the steps to get a Hellfire missile to track a laser at about 1.6km? I can't seem to get it to work with either LOAL or LOBL.

It would be awesome, but until some more light is shed on the FM and I get some assistance to adapt it I won't be doing it.

You should be able to talk to dezkit about it. I know his UH1Y port supports the AFM.

What are the steps to get a Hellfire missile to track a laser at about 1.6km? I can't seem to get it to work with either LOAL or LOBL.

1- make sure your view distance is enough to acquire the laser.

2- turn on the laser.

3- only AGM-114K and AGM-114N are laser guided. (L is radar guided, locks like regular missiles).

4- LOBL or LOAL it shouldn't matter to acquire the target.

5- Go through your key bindings and make you the do not conflict with other mods/addons, "LOCK TARGET" should be the one used.

If this doesn't work, I will ask if you can send me your modlist and if posible a screenshot of your controls.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 20:31 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

You should be able to talk to dezkit about it. I know his UH1Y port supports the AFM.

I will, but first i need to sort some other stuff.

1- make sure your view distance is enough to acquire the laser.

2- turn on the laser.

3- only AGM-114K and AGM-114N are laser guided. (L is radar guided, locks like regular missiles).

4- LOBL or LOAL it shouldn't matter to acquire the target.

5- Go through your key bindings and make you the do not conflict with other mods/addons, "LOCK TARGET" should be the one used.

If this doesn't work, I will ask if you can send me your modlist and if posible a screenshot of your controls.

Cheers

My bad, I thought the L Hellfire variant was laser-guided as well :p

Everything's working as intended, thanks for your patience and this awesome mod!

The Ai is not working in the gunner seat of the Viper or the Longbow, they will call things out and look at them with the turret, but they just will not fire, I told them to engage, engage at will, even set them to a combat state, I even told them to manually engage a specific target and they just will not do it, they engaged enemys fine in the normal port but do to the sound not working I using this one, cause the sound works. I like to fly not shoot thats what the Ai is for, but if they will not do anything, its all hopeless. Can you help?

Edit: I tried the Normal Port again, and the AI will fire the weapons in the Gunner seat no problems, and then again back to this version, they just will not fire, they only aim! and if i take manual fire and the ai still aims and i just press shoot, that works but that's not the point, the pilot flies and the gunner has the gun. Please help.

Edited by LordBaker
Tired Something

The Ai is not working in the gunner seat of the Viper or the Longbow, they will call things out and look at them with the turret, but they just will not fire, I told them to engage, engage at will, even set them to a combat state, I even told them to manually engage a specific target and they just will not do it, they engaged enemys fine in the normal port but do to the sound not working I using this one, cause the sound works. I like to fly not shoot thats what the Ai is for, but if they will not do anything, its all hopeless. Can you help?

Edit: I tried the Normal Port again, and the AI will fire the weapons in the Gunner seat no problems, and then again back to this version, they just will not fire, they only aim! and if i take manual fire and the ai still aims and i just press shoot, that works but that's not the point, the pilot flies and the gunner has the gun. Please help.

Hey LordBaker,

This problem has been adressed multiple times. It will eventually get fixed, but I'll say it again, these helos are mainly based for multiplayer purposes.

Reason for this is the Laser Guided Hellfires (K, N) need a laser to be on, and that's something AI can't handle.

Thanks for reporting.

Just out of curiousity. Will those helos be able to use the AFM in the near future?

Thank you.

Best regards

I don't know about near future, but it's certainly in the "To Do" list

Good to hear :)

Thank you.

-fixed- , delete please

Edited by mausAU
surplus post

Remove the addon requirements in mission.sqm. Mods get added when you add content and seldom gets removed when you remove the units. Standard in-game editor behavior in my book I'm afraid :)

Oh sweet, thanks for the hotfix. It's worked perfectly, cheers ;)

Nice. Downloaded this, ran it, placed two choppers into my main mission and did some tests but decided I didn't really like it. So, I removed the choppers I'd placed and resaved my mission.

Except now I can't load my mission without also loading this mod despite the fact that I've got no mod content in my mission anymore.

Why is my mission now dependent on this content?

Why is it telling me that HAFM_ARMA2_Helis and us_helo_hmds_kimi are missing, and why does it require them in my cleaned mission? Don't want to cast negative aspersions but I've not encountered this problem before and I don't like it.

Any solutions?

Go into where your editor missions are saved (Default is "yourusername"/documents/arma 3 - Other profiles/"youringamename"/missions/"missionyouwanttoload") and find a file called "mission.sqm". Open that with notepad and the first 2 sections should be Addons and addonsauto. Delete any presence of the HAFM_ARMA2_Helis and us_helo_hmds_kimi adn save. That should allow you to open it up in the editor again.

I don't know about near future, but it's certainly in the "To Do" list

Good to hear. :) I wish I could help, but I'm to busy to even think about playing, let alone learning to develop for ArmA.

Hey man great mod! I just wanted to let you know that they don't use KILO's anymore they are onto the Papa and now even the Romeo. They really just improved tracking software and increased the azimuth that these missiles can be fired from. Again great mod. Just giving you a heads up!

Jump