kimi_uy

US Helicopters (HAFM OVerhaul) MOD

An ideal situation would be Apaches/Cobras safely hovering in the distance while taking out AA defences and similar threats, and then proceeding to do strafing runs on lesser threats. But Arma just throws the choppers into the mayhem like there's no tomorrow. It works for the Hinds I guess, but modern helos are badly implemented on the AI level. In fact, BI haven't managed to script any vehicular AI to a good level that even many 90s sims got right. Dice on the other hand just went the MP-only route and relieved themselves from any meaningful AI development haha.

Well, up to a certain level they have the same intent as I have, i focus mainly on the multiplayer side. I won't stress myself to fix something the game itself has done wrong. But i will do my best to bring this chopper up to the "Arma AI" standard (if that is somewhat of a standard).

---------- Post added at 01:10 ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 ----------

@Gerald, Airateoffire and airateofFireDistance are values that will affect delay between shots at given distance. So for instance with your config posted above AI will wait 5s between taking a next shoot at 4km. That's how I understand it.

I also don't think that these values are affecting Ai's choice of weapon to be used. Values like cost [target/ammo], hit, armor on target, weapon range settings will make that difference to give priority of choice. Do a test take away all other weapons, leve AGM65's on, is AI using them? if yes then it's just about finding that sweet config balance [look into target vehicle's configs cost].

Will do! Thanks again!

Yea of course I wasn't referring to modders; BI has to fix fundamental combined arms AI on their own eventually.

Hey GeraldoBolso, have you got any luck squashing those spamming rpt that last patch caused? They made A3 quite unstable and reverting to your mod v1.2 fixed the instability so I guess something on the new patch caused it or an unforseen incompactibility with other mods (also brought up with the recent patch)... I´ve already posted the report, in case you don´t recall ;)

cheers!

;2785592']Hey GeraldoBolso' date=' have you got any luck squashing those spamming rpt that last patch caused? They made A3 quite unstable and reverting to your mod v1.2 fixed the instability so I guess something on the new patch caused it or an unforseen incompactibility with other mods (also brought up with the recent patch)... I´ve already posted the report, in case you don´t recall ;)

cheers!

I've looked into it, but to be able to squeeze it out i'll be needing your modset, as the mod is running pretty estable for me. Excepto for those bone errores that i have no clue whatsoever in now to fix them.

Im pretty busy with RL stuff this week so be patient!

Cheers

The RPT already lists my active mods... anyway - directly from my A3 launcher: @CBA_A3;@mcc_sandbox;@NSW_TH;@A3MP;@A3MP_AM;@RDS_A2Island_Fix;@eods;@NZiwasogoA3;@JSRS2.0;@r3f_armes;@HAFM;@MAS;@IDF;@tmr4;@optics;@RealSound;@FFAA;@DynamicCoverSystem;@SaOk;@SMA V1.7;@ACR_A3;@drSkill (@MAS is all MAssis addons and some that need it like redhawk mercs, HAFM is all Aplions mods plus community fixes as UK jackals fix etc... and IDF is drongo´s MEC+sudden EVW+IDF mods)

Take your time, the improvements you´ve done are priceless and I don´t want to be locked to an old version or stop using it =)

cheers! (Saludos! ;D

Regarding the AI problems using Apache/Cobra I wanted to share what we did internally in SWEBAT. We added a config-fix with an extra AH64D_ai chopper which uses its own set of weapons without your features. This way we can have AI-controlled CAS using all weapons and still have advanced playercontrolled Apaches with Gerald magic working:)

I can't share the actual .pbo since it adjust several other addons as well but I wanted to share the idea at least.

I've tried every possible solution for it, and as i posted in the changelog i've re-signed the keys, they are not working again. Gonna try AGAIN one more time.

Hi,

In our group, we had a similar issue with a addon. The creator was using a 3d party tool to make the pbo (Eliteness, PboTool, I don't remember). Using the BI Tools solved the problem with keys.

Anyway, thanks for the work and efforts.

I just removed this mod as since long time ago no fix for AI and they say about focusing on multiplayer although if AI doesn't work so how players can use these helicopters in a coop mission?!

and please don't say about game wrong itself as many other vehicle mods works fine with AI.

I just removed this mod as since long time ago no fix for AI and they say about focusing on multiplayer although if AI doesn't work so how players can use these helicopters in a coop mission?!

and please don't say about game wrong itself as many other vehicle mods works fine with AI.

First off, i just learned how to fix it a few days ago. Yes, two months after first release. No one is paying me here, I'm very busy with RL stuff this moment in time.

Secondly, Arma AI are a lil bit stoopid (just a little bit).

Third, they way you can use it in multiplayer is:

1. Get In the vehicle

2. Have a buddy of yours hop in another seat.

3. Fly/kill.

So for all intents and purposes, if you wanna "complain", at least have the courtesy to suggest a solution. For this very same deal with Ai, i have been requesting help for it since day one.

First off, i just learned how to fix it a few days ago. Yes, two months after first release. No one is paying me here, I'm very busy with RL stuff this moment in time.

1. Get In the vehicle

3. Fly/kill.

So for all intents and purposes, if you wanna "complain", at least have the courtesy to suggest a solution. For this very same deal with Ai, i have been requesting help for it since day one.

Mods badass ! Thanks for putting your work out there

Yeah don't listen to the moaners your doing a great great job ! Thanks for all your efforts mate

Any success on fixing the co-pilots for the chinook?. Just been cleaning it up my self and the co pilots are rather annoying

Dorph;2788294']I can confirm that server-keys now works - thx for your efforts.

good to hear.

Are u using my keys or PW6?

---------- Post added at 15:10 ---------- Previous post was at 15:08 ----------

;2785592']Hey GeraldoBolso' date=' have you got any luck squashing those spamming rpt that last patch caused? They made A3 quite unstable and reverting to your mod v1.2 fixed the instability so I guess something on the new patch caused it or an unforseen incompactibility with other mods (also brought up with the recent patch)... I´ve already posted the report, in case you don´t recall ;)

cheers!

Hey, i've tested your modset with my helos, got no issues on my part (except those goddayum bones). so I'm guessing there's something wrong on your end :S

Hey, i've tested your modset with my helos, got no issues on my part (except those goddayum bones). so I'm guessing there's something wrong on your end :S

I´ll update to v1.3 and try again... maybe it was the ArmA3 v1.30 patch... my arma is quite strange, if I load it (with the same modset) through the launcher, now I get a CAmanbase error, if I load it directly from steam, and activate all my mods, it works alright =P

I´ll update and launch directly from steam, I guess the launcher is behaving strangely (or maybe the modset order, as A3 is loading them on diferent order when launching directly)

[EDIT] Yeah, it must have been, pretty much, the buggy A3 vanilla launcher, as launching A3 right from steam and activating on expasion tab all my mods, made US choppers v1.3 stable as geraldobolso would like it to be ;D

Anxious for v1.4 with the already reported fixes on AI - the bots may never be able to fire the improved Hellfires, but as you´ve reported they got the chaingun cannon to engage, I´m already satisfied ;D

keep up the great work, Saludos!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

1. Get In the vehicle

3. Fly/kill.

Thanks for your effort but I just wanted to say AI is one of priorities, also about coop missions I know that Two real players can use these helos, but I means to fight with my players against some AI enemies or with use help of some friendly air forces, which need AI proper function.

and surely in BI forums many modders and even BI developers are ready to help if you insist on it.

I'm glad u are enjoying it.

As for the errors, i don't know how to fix em. some OFPskeleton thingy bla bla message. I've seen that same error in a lot of ports. Any help on it will be greatly appreciated.

the burst setting for the rockets/guns have been there since v1.2 ;)

Don't forget the LOBL/LOAL launch modes for the hellfires!!!

Most of the arma 2 ports are still trying to use arma 2 units for the animations. I've contacted you on PM and can send you my fixed config if you'd like.

has any body tried "Transport Unload" waypoints with AI with the MI8? and triggers Activation by a grouped unit? they both do not seem to work properly. Works fine of course with vanilla helis but not these for some reason.

has any body tried "Transport Unload" waypoints with AI with the MI8? and triggers Activation by a grouped unit? they both do not seem to work properly. Works fine of course with vanilla helis but not these for some reason.

The are no MI-8s in this addon, u might. Be talkin about chairbornes's port...

Hey there, love it that you're trying to bring black hawks and stuff back to ArmA. Any plans to fix the bugs? :D

- Huey has neither instruments nor UI HUD nor your Helmet-Mounted Display, some way to read altitude would be nice :)

- Huey wreck has the fire outside the wreck model, a few feet in front of it.

- Crew chief in huey has his model stuck in the wall.

- Venom co-pilot, when using the FLIR cam, unless you exit it looking forward your normal camera angle will be all wrong.

- I'm being told the gun on the viper used to lock onto the laser?

- Viper / Apache gun cam is very stuttery, any chance to smooth it?

- Can't switch between door gunner / crew chief / passenger seat in chinook.

- Any luck adding copilot seats to the black hawks? :D

- Entering the helicopter actions are available from too far away.

- Using the "Lock-on after launch High" option throws zero divisor script error and the missile goes nowhere.

- Debug output "seek check" should be disabled by default, spamming RPT.

- Some of the get-in actions are written in uppercase (DOORGUNNER instead of Door Gunner or whatever), and perhaps the order Pilot then Co-Pilot/Gunners then Passengers would be preferable. I believe the pilot option doesn't appear where passengers usually get in and the pilots tend to get into the wrong chair that way :D

Edited by janus0104

Where are this helis? I swear to god, that I installed that properly, launched via startup command, can't find them in editor, checked all categories and subcategories.