kimi_uy

US Helicopters (HAFM OVerhaul) MOD

create ur own bikey, then use the current addon builder to repack the mod using your key. there are a few mods out there that don't work with the key provided for whatever reason and I have fixed them all this way. I can show u step by step if u really need but it might be a few days till I can

I've always do what you do, unpbo ( mikero ) then repbo ( mikero ) and bisigin works but pbo now it's broken because heli are now invisible, will try again with other tools this weekend and see if it's something broken with latest depbo

UPDATE v1.3 available!!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vjuu67b26oo2r83/AADOnJ-Udc-pHEUXL4kmlc9ya?dl=0

Changelog 1.3:

- New Olive and Black UH-60 variants (Credits go to Cpt.Davo)

- HMDs for gunners!!!!

- Copilots can shoot flares!!!

- Changes to the config layout.

- Minor tweaks of the flight models.

- Some changes to the weapon's parametres.

- Re signed the pbos.

The changes for the gunner on the Apache is really nice, feels much more like a two-pilot system suddenly! However, the mod as a whole still spits about 1800 lines of bone errors to the rpt. Encountered some old script errors related to the "getanglesbetween.sqf" as well.

Edit: Oh! And also the gun burst settings also really feels like it discourages spray and praying with the cannon, very nice touch! Not sure if that was in a previous update, but want to mention that anyhow. :)

The changes for the gunner on the Apache is really nice, feels much more like a two-pilot system suddenly! However, the mod as a whole still spits about 1800 lines of bone errors to the rpt. Encountered some old script errors related to the "getanglesbetween.sqf" as well.

Edit: Oh! And also the gun burst settings also really feels like it discourages spray and praying with the cannon, very nice touch! Not sure if that was in a previous update, but want to mention that anyhow. :)

I'm glad u are enjoying it.

As for the errors, i don't know how to fix em. some OFPskeleton thingy bla bla message. I've seen that same error in a lot of ports. Any help on it will be greatly appreciated.

the burst setting for the rockets/guns have been there since v1.2 ;)

Don't forget the LOBL/LOAL launch modes for the hellfires!!!

Ok so first I have to say THANK YOU soo much for the Arma 3 launcher suggestion, amazing little program. I managed to get the mod load onto the mod list, and I can play the missions from Workshop that are vehicle specific work fine. But for some reason the vehicles are not showing up in the editor ?? What faction and class are the helicopters in ? My first instinct is empty>air but they are not in there.

Sweet update but now all of my Humvee modifications have no ammunition.... Its a never ending cycle :P anyways its out of your hands but I love the re skins. Would it be possible to make an unmarked Apache and maybe UH-1Y? would be good for using these helicopters with other nations then the United States. Just saying.

Sweet update but now all of my Humvee modifications have no ammunition.... Its a never ending cycle :P anyways its out of your hands but I love the re skins. Would it be possible to make an unmarked Apache and maybe UH-1Y? would be good for using these helicopters with other nations then the United States. Just saying.

In the next hotfix i'll change the classnames for the m240s.

Regarding the skins, im open to suggestions (it they incluye the solutions), i've been helping tcbrunch on his dutch versión of the apache.

The helos are there, i'm no photoshopper nor texture artist, so i might aswell give out a general call for people to make their own skins, send them to me and i'll see if they get approved.

Thanks you very much for informing me of the update :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

GeraldoBolso, I had to revert back to v1.2, the new version made my ArmA3 instable as hell (had 3 CTD in less than 40 minutes =P), here´s my rpt, it may be conflict with another mod, but anyway, reverting to previous version made my A3 playable again =)

this error spammed a lot:

Error Generic error in expression
Error in expression <lect 4;
_fragPattern = "sphere"; 

if (count _position != 3) exitwith {};

_po>

rpt -> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6382845/arma3_2014-09-27_04-27-46.rpt

cheers!

It's great to have to have those Helis back in the game, but there seems to be a problem. On a quick test mission I made, neither the AI controlled Cobra or the Apache engaged heavy and light Armor with their Anti Tank Missiles or with the Chaingun / Minigun, only with unguided Rockets. That makes them pretty much useless. Have others experienced that behaviour as well, or is it just me?

When is it going to have Advanced Flight Model?

Right now it's imposible to say, until BIS releases some guides n stuff there little to no info on how to properly implement it.

---------- Post added at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

It's great to have to have those Helis back in the game, but there seems to be a problem. On a quick test mission I made, neither the AI controlled Cobra or the Apache engaged heavy and light Armor with their Anti Tank Missiles or with the Chaingun / Minigun, only with unguided Rockets. That makes them pretty much useless. Have others experienced that behaviour as well, or is it just me?

Due to the nature of how hellfires work, AI wont use them, as for the guns i haven't found a solution yet.

---------- Post added at 13:08 ---------- Previous post was at 13:07 ----------

;2783905']GeraldoBolso' date=' I had to revert back to v1.2, the new version made my ArmA3 instable as hell (had 3 CTD in less than 40 minutes =P), here´s my rpt, it may be conflict with another mod, but anyway, reverting to previous version made my A3 playable again =)

this error spammed a lot:

Error Generic error in expression
Error in expression <lect 4;
_fragPattern = "sphere"; 

if (count _position != 3) exitwith {};

_po>

rpt -> [url']https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6382845/arma3_2014-09-27_04-27-46.rpt[/url]

cheers!

I'll check this asap! Thanks for reporting

Originally Posted by HotteHotte

Originally Posted by geraldbolso1899

Due to the nature of how hellfires work, AI wont use them, as for the guns i haven't found a solution yet.

To tell AI what weapons to use against which targets, try playing with the values in the cfgammo for missiles/guns. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgAmmo_Config_Reference

cost = 100; for example is a weapon that has a high chance to be used, also cost value in the target units cfgvehicles is taken in to account. AI is simple, and not always hard to manipulate.

me having the same problem they attack nothing even infantry they just make runs over the area and get shutdown by enemy

To tell AI what weapons to use against which targets, try playing with the values in the cfgammo for missiles/guns. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgAmmo_Config_Reference

cost = 100; for example is a weapon that has a high chance to be used, also cost value in the target units cfgvehicles is taken in to account. AI is simple, and not always hard to manipulate.

The value change got the Cobra and the Apache shooting the Chaingun at ground forces but not the Hellfire. I lazed some techies when I put the CAS in a SAD role via ALiVE tablet but they just don't engage. I'm sure a tweak or two is all that's needed.

The Venom on the other hand brings the steal rain like a mad man. No hydras yet.

Great mod sir!

The server keys have not been working for months - on page 11 in this thread i asked if we could get a working key.

In fact the server key made my server not to show at all in the serverbrowser (dont know if that prob is still there).

I gave up on this fine mod due to the faulty keys - sad as it takes about 5secs to create working bikeys/bisigns.

A working rar-file for creating keys are still avail on my dropbox if faulty tools are the problem.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/95560311/AddonSigner.rar

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

Dorph;2784714']The server keys have not been working for months - on page 11 in this thread i asked if we could get a working key.

In fact the server key made my server not to show at all in the serverbrowser (dont know if that prob is still there).

I gave up on this fine mod due to the faulty keys - sad as it takes about 5secs to create working bikeys/bisigns.

A working rar-file for creating keys are still avail on my dropbox if faulty tools are the problem.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/95560311/AddonSigner.rar

I've tried every possible solution for it, and as i posted in the changelog i've re-signed the keys, they are not working again. Gonna try AGAIN one more time.

Thanks for the input!! That really worked.

Still the hellfires are a bit tricky since they have the scripted launch modes. I need to ask neptune or shadow about that.

Edited by geraldbolso1899

@Gerald, maxControlRange = 11000; manualControl = true; are not really AI friendly features, I noticed that AI will avoid usage of weapons with such cfgammo setup

Also scripted missile path adjustment's are quite expensive solution, considering MP environment desync issues already, do you really want to add to it, maybe creating a fake target and letting the game engine guide the missile where you want would be another workaround to archive similar behaviour.

Edited by John_Spartan

@Gerald, maxControlRange = 11000; manualControl = true; are not really AI friendly features, I noticed that AI will avoid usage of weapons with such cfgammo setup

Also scripted missile path adjustment's are quite expensive solution, considering MP environment desync issues already, do you really want to add to it, maybe creating a fake target and letting the game engine guide the missile where you want would be another workaround to archive similar behaviour.

Ok, i checked the config for the weapons again and none of the hellfires have "manualcontrol= 1;", and the maxcontrolrange=8000; is based of the stock maverick for the Wipeout. So I'm confused about that.

Might it be this lines in the weapons:

aiRateOfFire = 5.0;

aiRateOfFireDistance = 4000;

Sadly, I never quite undestood how those lines work.

I know they lainch modes might be expensive, but the stock flight paths are kinda useless (especially cause of short rounds and obstacles), and at the moment the RWCO features are the only ones that have the LOBL/LOAL modes.

BTW: have u checked my last comment of the f/a-18 thread?

@Gerald, Airateoffire and airateofFireDistance are values that will affect delay between shots at given distance. So for instance with your config posted above AI will wait 5s between taking a next shoot at 4km. That's how I understand it.

I also don't think that these values are affecting Ai's choice of weapon to be used. Values like cost [target/ammo], hit, armor on target, weapon range settings will make that difference to give priority of choice. Do a test take away all other weapons, leve AGM65's on, is AI using them? if yes then it's just about finding that sweet config balance [look into target vehicle's configs cost].

An ideal situation would be Apaches/Cobras safely hovering in the distance while taking out AA defences and similar threats, and then proceeding to do strafing runs on lesser threats. But Arma just throws the choppers into the mayhem like there's no tomorrow. It works for the Hinds I guess, but modern helos are badly implemented on the AI level. In fact, BI haven't managed to script any vehicular AI to a good level that even many 90s sims got right. Dice on the other hand just went the MP-only route and relieved themselves from any meaningful AI development haha.

Edited by Pulstar