kimi_uy

US Helicopters (HAFM OVerhaul) MOD

Hi great mod but the huey wont start with me all other do.

Changes to flight models of all choppers.

is that the new flight model (rotorlib) ?

because I just tested it, and nothing has changed !

Changes to flight models of all choppers.

is that the new flight model (rotorlib) ?

because I just tested it, and nothing has changed !

What I meant there was that i changed the parameters like wieght, lift force coeficient, cyclic coef and anti-torque coef. So, it's more like "fine tuning".

Neptune and I are currently finding how to merge Rotorlib into this choppers, but that might take a while. New turf, new rules :p

---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 22:22 ----------

Hi great mod but the huey wont start with me all other do.

Can u elaborate the error? What other mods are you running? Did you try the drop down menu option "Engine On"?

Really good job! It's nice to see that this mod keeps alive!

BTW if you accept a little suggestion, could you darken the Blackhawk textures, to make them true Black hawks ( the A3 engine shows A2 colors light ).

It should be dark gray, dark olive green or black.

http://www.guncopter.com/images/gallery/black-hawk-guns.jpg

https://www.strategypage.com/gallery/images/blackhawk-frigate.jpg (127 kB)

I sent Kimi some darkened textures for the UH-60m and AH-64. (Don't know if they will be added though)

Can't say I'm a fan of the ghost hawk sounds for the blackhawk. (Personal taste though)

Edited by CptDavo

Strange :s, Can you post your modlist so I can reproduce the error?

The problem seams to be with weapon packs that include the M240 weapon like massi's and others. Maybe to fix it in this pack you will need to rename the ammo to something else. I don't know I have been messing around with it for the past hour and I cannot find one mod of mine that is affecting it. if you cannot fix it I understand great progress so far with all of the helicopters its nice to see someone continuing development.

What I meant there was that i changed the parameters like wieght, lift force coeficient, cyclic coef and anti-torque coef. So, it's more like "fine tuning".

Neptune and I are currently finding how to merge Rotorlib into this choppers, but that might take a while. New turf, new rules :p

Woo! Came mostly to ask about that and glad to see it's in the works! To be fair the rotorlib stuff is a while out for the release branch anyway so I'm sure we can all wait for you guys to figure it out :) Love having new chopper options and I can't wait to have rotorlib flight dynamics for em. Gunna be fun to watch the mediocre pilots in our community crash and burn- I mean grow as pilots! HEH :) Thanks for all the great work.

Out of curiousity does anyone know if these choppers are VVS friendly? I noticed that HAFM HMMWVs don't show up because they have their own category which is a little annoying (wish they were just under cars). We use VVS to spawn vics for our insurgency style mission so it'd be nice to not have to come up with some other solution for these choppers specifically.

I sent Kimi some darkened textures for the UH-60m and AH-64. (Don't know if they will be added though)

Can't say I'm a fan of the ghost hawk sounds for the blackhawk. (Personal taste though)

It was either those, or the JSRS that lacked the low frequency "chopp" sound. The vanilla sounds is that of the UH1H (2 blades, not 4), so the ghost hawk felt the right choice. Until something better comes up, i think it will stick.

It was either those, or the JSRS that lacked the low frequency "chopp" sound. The vanilla sounds is that of the UH1H (2 blades, not 4), so the ghost hawk felt the right choice. Until something better comes up, i think it will stick.

Fair enough. I'll keep an ear out for any good sounds I find. (Definitely understand where you're coming from) (Though 2 blades should make a more low freq sound as the rotor interaction is less uniform.)

Having lived almost my entire life a stones-throw away from the largest military base in the world, with either UH-1s and/or UH-60s (depending on the decade) going overhead all day every day, I can tell you they sound nothing alike. The stock Ghosthawk sounds are closer to a UH-60, as they should be since the Ghosthawk is a (fictional) derivative of the Black Hawk (based on the 160th SOAR's "stealth" Black Hawks).

The problem seams to be with weapon packs that include the M240 weapon like massi's and others. Maybe to fix it in this pack you will need to rename the ammo to something else. I don't know I have been messing around with it for the past hour and I cannot find one mod of mine that is affecting it. if you cannot fix it I understand great progress so far with all of the helicopters its nice to see someone continuing development.

Ok cool, thanks for pointing that out. I'll be checking that ASAP, though i won't release a hotfix for it. Although I love the Huey, it is not at the top of my priorities.

---------- Post added at 00:08 ---------- Previous post was at 00:06 ----------

Out of curiousity does anyone know if these choppers are VVS friendly? I noticed that HAFM HMMWVs don't show up because they have their own category which is a little annoying (wish they were just under cars). We use VVS to spawn vics for our insurgency style mission so it'd be nice to not have to come up with some other solution for these choppers specifically.

Yeap, that has been fixed. They are now under the NATO faction --> Air ;)

Anyone else have the Uh-60M not showing up in the editor? I only see the medevac.

Lamar

I have, Lamar, but that´s caused by a conflict between BDF (Brazilian Defense Force) and HAFm US choppers - JohnHansens config somehow "hijacked" the Blackhawk to BDF faction and if you spawn it, it has a buggy texture with CSAT parts... he´s getting the grip of configing vehicles so it would be soon fixed, but I may suggest disabling the BDF mod then trying again on the editor!

I´m just assuming that you use that mod, as I recall a praise of yours on that thread... but It also may be the case of another mod using Blackhawks and conflicting with HAFM configs... =)

;2754341']I have' date=' Lamar, but that´s caused by a conflict between BDF (Brazilian Defense Force) and HAFm US choppers - JohnHansens config somehow "hijacked" the Blackhawk to BDF faction and if you spawn it, it has a buggy texture with CSAT parts... he´s getting the grip of configing vehicles so it would be soon fixed, but I may suggest disabling the BDF mod then trying again on the editor!

I´m just assuming that you use that mod, as I recall a praise of yours on that thread... but It also may be the case of another mod using Blackhawks and conflicting with HAFM configs... =)[/quote']

If this issues is confirmed, I'll change the classnames of all the choppers for next version. Downside is that mission maker will have to work double time to fix 'em missions :s

If this issues is confirmed, I'll change the classnames of all the choppers for next version. Downside is that mission maker will have to work double time to fix 'em missions :s

I think it´s better to not move the mountain... as ´ve said, JHansen is getting the grip of his configs, it will be fixed soon, there´s already lotsa missions and campaigns (at least Panicsferd´s Conquer/Control/Collapse) featuring the Blackhawk, a config change like that would be catastrophic!

By the way, is the AI gunner not engaging targets with the autocannon (both AH-64D and Vyper) fixed, Geraldo?

cheers!

Thanks for the update!

Just for information, an AI can still not use the Apache or the Viper to engage targets. You probably know it, I just hope it will get as it was before soon :)

Thanks!

hi gerald,

thnx for the update, love to see the mods getting better an better.

but i have some wishes/ideas

apache ah64

the laser should be activatable by the "L"-key and not used like an extra weapon.

ace for arma 2 dit it perfect, for my opinion.

the laser should also be usable with the onboardweapons as following:

m230 and laser on = autozeroes the weapon

hellfire loal and laser on = give the rocket the target location

laser on should shown by a 45° rotated cross around the the center cross of the hud,

like the original tads hud dit it.

a very cool feature could be:

if the pilot had a own tads system, (only a laser is choosable),

and can give the ai gunner targets with his activated laser.

via mouseklick you should command the gunner to fire

what do you think? possible?

... and dont forget the gps guided hellfire!

Thank you for the 1.2 update.

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

After the upgrade, an error has occurred:

No entry 'bin \ config.bin / CfgVehicles / Helicopter / Turrets / CopilotTurret.minElev'.