kimi_uy

US Helicopters (HAFM OVerhaul) MOD

I'm not that focused on the AI behaviour right now. Once all the weapon features I've added become "stable", maybe then I'll look into the AI's behaviour

Take all the time you need, but when you do, is the pilots habit of rocking back and fourth something that could be addressed? Or is this a vanilla thing? I was door gunner with an AI pilot the other night and it was impossible to hit infantry at medium ranges because I was riding a teeter-totter.

*Edit I never tried in the vanilla birds because I hate them so...

Here is a little tutorial/sneak preview of the next version's hellfire mod. Its most part Shadow's RWCO mod integrated.

We'll work on the errors as you guys posted in here.

LOBL Mode

GPbVV8GcSYI

LOAL Mode

hw2wQGIiBS4

Are you guys working on the bone errors for the helicopters? Does not seem to affect performance much, but 1500~ ish entries in the rpt is not so fun for us on large dedicated servers with heavy modpacks. There are a lot of us out there looking for good Apaches, so it is very nice to see that work is ongoing. Keep up the good work!

Again, just feed back, as I greatly appreciate your work...

About the ghosthawk's flight model, yeah it feels smooth, but it shouldn't be. I'm trying to make a balance between "user firendly" and a more challenging FM. Anyone that has a remote idea of how a chopper flies should know they are twitchy as a fly. ...

This is a common misconception. The H-60 is very smooth and will hover itself with very minor inputs from the pilot. They aren't anywhere near as twitchy as smaller helos like the Bell 206 or the piston models. If reducing responsiveness helps with this, it's probably going the right (more realistic) way.

Hello, I'm testing your HUD mods since yesterday and I have noticed a little bug about the altitude.

When I'm on the ground (or close to the sea level) I nerver get to 0 meters with the AGL or the ASL from the HUD (I can get 0 with the default AGL from Arma). It always telling to me that I'm at about 2 or 3 meters higher than I'm.

Hope you can correctly understand my English :)

I found a little bug myself.

When theb'W' is linesd up perfectly with the 0 pitch ladder, your pitch ISNT 0.

Hello, I'm testing your HUD mods since yesterday and I have noticed a little bug about the altitude.

When I'm on the ground (or close to the sea level) I nerver get to 0 meters with the AGL or the ASL from the HUD (I can get 0 with the default AGL from Arma). It always telling to me that I'm at about 2 or 3 meters higher than I'm.

Hope you can correctly understand my English :)

Hmm, interesting. What choppers were u flying? As far as i know the only one that's not working is the ch-47. ASL will never show the sale reading as AGL unless u are flying over the sea.

---------- Post added at 11:00 ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 ----------

I found a little bug myself.

When theb'W' is linesd up perfectly with the 0 pitch ladder, your pitch ISNT 0.

Can your specify what chopper/s ?

EDIT: Nevermind, all of them are haha. But the error is within 1 degree. I'm fixing it now.

Thanks for reporting

Edited by geraldbolso1899

A mate of mine noticed the same issue regarding altitude difference, he spotted that flying the Mohawk and Wildcat, on Daryah and on Altis.

A mate of mine noticed the same issue regarding altitude difference, he spotted that flying the Mohawk and Wildcat, on Daryah and on Altis.

Thanks for reporting. I'm digging in the config, and i think it has something to do with the center of mass rather than the actual landing gear/skids.

That exactly the chopper I was flying. And I tried on Altis, Stratis and Daryah.

Hello!

I'm glad someone is again working on those helicopters :)

So today I downloaded the mods, remove the previously. The sounds are again there, perfekt! Only problem, the AI appears to not being able to use the minigun on the Apache. It was working with the previous mod, but now it doesn't work anywore. I'm talking about the minigun on infantry! I have tested to let the Apache with AI in it managing only with minigun ammo, it is totally impossible for him to kill a small squad. Otherwise, he will use the rockets... Which was not the case before.

Have you seen this problem already?

Thanks!

Edited by papy.rabbit.08

Hello :). I'm very new to Arma and its modding & I have downloaded this mod a few days ago & I'm having a problem; there are no weapon sounds for the gunships such as the Hydra, Hellfire, Sidwinders & M197. I've tried disabling all other mods, including sound mod (Which I tried the mod with JSRS2.2 once and Speed of Sound the other time & without either of them another time), I've also tried searching google and this forum for a solution but found nothing about this problem (maybe it's my wording?). What could I have done wrong for the weapons' sounds not to play? By the way the choppers' take off, flight and landing sounds are there, also weapon explosions can be heard and the M197's echo could be heard if I have the camera pointed towards its muzzle. Thanks to anyone who can help in advance :D.

Hello!

I'm glad someone is again working on those helicopters :)

So today I downloaded the mods, remove the previously. The sounds are again there, perfekt! Only problem, the AI appears to not being able to use the minigun on the Apache. It was working with the previous mod, but now it doesn't work anywore. I'm talking about the minigun on infantry! I have tested to let the Apache with AI in it managing only with minigun ammo, it is totally impossible for him to kill a small squad. Otherwise, he will use the rockets... Which was not the case before.

Have you seen this problem already?

Thanks!

Same problem with the Viper, but I don't know for this bird if the problem was already present before...

You probably downloaded an old version of the mod.

With the last update sounds are handled differtly so modder had to make some changes.

The apache doesnt have a mini gun so obiously minigun ammo wont work. It has a 30mm gatling cannon.

With the last update sounds are handled differtly so modder had to make some changes.

The apache doesnt have a mini gun so obiously minigun ammo wont work. It has a 30mm gatling cannon.

A gatling is a minigun, do you mean chaingun? :p

---------- Post added at 14:40 ---------- Previous post was at 14:39 ----------

Hello :). I'm very new to Arma and its modding & I have downloaded this mod a few days ago & I'm having a problem; there are no weapon sounds for the gunships such as the Hydra, Hellfire, Sidwinders & M197. I've tried disabling all other mods, including sound mod (Which I tried the mod with JSRS2.2 once and Speed of Sound the other time & without either of them another time), I've also tried searching google and this forum for a solution but found nothing about this problem (maybe it's my wording?). What could I have done wrong for the weapons' sounds not to play? By the way the choppers' take off, flight and landing sounds are there, also weapon explosions can be heard and the M197's echo could be heard if I have the camera pointed towards its muzzle. Thanks to anyone who can help in advance :D.

You need to delete the old version of the mod as Neptune said. I'm gonna put that on the first post just as a preventive measure. But thanks for reporting anyway :)

I mean gatling, cannon, minigun, you know what I'm talking about :P

But still, the problem is there with the 2 choppers. Just to let you know.

I hope it will get fixed, because it's really incredible to get those helicopters in A3.

Thanks anyway!

I can confirm that the AI gunner doesn´t engage any target with the chaingun (Ah64D) or M197 cannon, probably something is missing - AI wise - on the updated config!

cheers!

We're not focussing on AI at this moment.

Gerald and me are polishing the mod as it is and looking to fix the errors.

The AI problem is noted though.

All weapons don't have sounds on both gunships, gatling/cannon/mini you name it.

You need to delete the old version of the mod as Neptune said. I'm gonna put that on the first post just as a preventive measure. But thanks for reporting anyway :)

I forgot to mention that I have downloaded the mod multiple times from both Armahollic and bistudio each time deleting the older one and then replacing with the newly downloaded one, my last download was on 8/2 (Yesterday) and the same problem is still there. I also have no old versions, the oldest I have ever downloaded from this mod was in 7/31. Again thanks for everyone for the replies & I hope i can solve this, cause the mod coupled with RWCO is pure epicness.

All weapons don't have sounds on both gunships, gatling/cannon/mini you name it.

I forgot to mention that I have downloaded the mod multiple times from both Armahollic and bistudio each time deleting the older one and then replacing with the newly downloaded one, my last download was on 8/2 (Yesterday) and the same problem is still there. I also have no old versions, the oldest I have ever downloaded from this mod was in 7/31. Again thanks for everyone for the replies & I hope i can solve this, cause the mod coupled with RWCO is pure epicness.

Can u post a list of your modset so i can replicate the error?

Sure if it can help, but I doubt other mods have any thing to do with the issue as I have tried this mod alone with every other mod disabled as I've mentioned. I even tried with CBA_A3 off, and tried with it on another time (Without any other mod than those two). I have just tried downloading again from this page and I removed all the other mods from the folder except CBA_A3 and HAFM OVerhall and still no sound.

My mods are:

1. CBA_A3
  2. JSRS2.2
  3. TPW_MODS - enhanced realism/immersion for Arma 3 SP
  4. F-35B Lightning II
  5. HAFM Overhall
  6. Helo_HMDs_Kimi_v11
  7. RWCO
  8. A-10C Thunder by Peral
  9. HMNZS Te Kaha (Ship mod)
  10. FA-18 Super Hornet by John_Spartan/Saul
  11. Nimitz Carrier for FA-18
  12. FUTARM Maritime Units by BloodOfTheScribe for the carrier
  13. SU-35 S Flanker E by John_Spartan/Saul

Am experiencing the same issue, with or without other mods.

Sure if it can help, but I doubt other mods have any thing to do with the issue as I have tried this mod alone with every other mod disabled as I've mentioned. I even tried with CBA_A3 off, and tried with it on another time (Without any other mod than those two). I have just tried downloading again from this page and I removed all the other mods from the folder except CBA_A3 and HAFM OVerhall and still no sound.

My mods are:

1. CBA_A3
  2. JSRS2.2
  3. TPW_MODS - enhanced realism/immersion for Arma 3 SP
  4. F-35B Lightning II
  5. HAFM Overhall
  6. Helo_HMDs_Kimi_v11
  7. RWCO
  8. A-10C Thunder by Peral
  9. HMNZS Te Kaha (Ship mod)
  10. FA-18 Super Hornet by John_Spartan/Saul
  11. Nimitz Carrier for FA-18
  12. FUTARM Maritime Units by BloodOfTheScribe for the carrier
  13. SU-35 S Flanker E by John_Spartan/Saul

I just tested your modlist:

- TPW: don't know how that thing works, changed all my controls and added sounds and stuff everywhere. Really annoying.

- RWCO hasn't been updated for a while now and the sounds on the weapons it changes (for the HAFMs) aren't fixed, so if you remove the optional hafm rwco pbo's it will reroduce the sounds correctly.

Solution: as stated before, remove rwco_hafm.pbo and you'll be fine.

Either way, we are working to integrate the RWCO features DIRECTLY to this addon ;)

We're not focussing on AI at this moment.

Gerald and me are polishing the mod as it is and looking to fix the errors.

The AI problem is noted though.

Thanks!

Just to say, that it is something new, it was not in Aplion's helicopters... But whatever, it's great if you can do something about it!

Tkx