kimi_uy

US Helicopters (HAFM OVerhaul) MOD

Great work :)

Wouldn't this only need to be a config pbo release instead of a full addon?

Right now yes, but I'll be adding a lot of features in the future that might require all the content. Another reason is because of the HMDs, a lot of OVerlapping issues between the classes and it simply ruined them. So "attacking the source" was the best option in this case.

I've one suggestion, would you mind darken the Blackhawk texture so it become indeed a blackhawk, not a "greyhawk"

The A3 new lightning engine makes the A2 texture colors way lighter.

http://s.hswstatic.com/gif/black-hawk-4.jpg

I have some darkened textures if Kimi will allow it. (An an alternate CH-47F texture)

Ok, so I'm a bit of a noob to this whole modding thing. So this pack COMES WITH the choppers, right? I don't need to get them elsewhere and fix them (flight model etc) with this? And further, are they their own faction? Or do they attach to the existing nato faction? I intend to use a few new factions, like Massi's marines, rangers, and Ohally's Canadian forces. Is it possible to ad the American choppers to the US factions I want to use?

Sorry if any parts of my question don't belong here. Again, really new to modding Arma.

Ok, so I'm a bit of a noob to this whole modding thing. So this pack COMES WITH the choppers, right? I don't need to get them elsewhere and fix them (flight model etc) with this? And further, are they their own faction? Or do they attach to the existing nato faction? I intend to use a few new factions, like Massi's marines, rangers, and Ohally's Canadian forces. Is it possible to ad the American choppers to the US factions I want to use?

Sorry if any parts of my question don't belong here. Again, really new to modding Arma.

This pack comes with all you need, so no dependencies :-)

They Belong to the NATO faction and you can find them under "US Helicopters" class.

That's fantastic. As I understand the marines pack from Massi is an overhaul of the Nato faction. So the two will "shake hands" then? I'm not a fan of the future warfare stuff. But with a modern style infantry, like the USMC, the addition of familiar aircraft is exciting me. Looking forward to dropping some Marines with a flight of Blackhawks.

Thanks for the mod Gerald, much appreciated.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@us_helos_kimi.png

@ geraldbolso1899;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

One suggestion for the target stabiliser is to set it that so it only is active when using medium and narrow zoom mode, this way you can still use the M230 as normal while unzoomed, then nice and stabile when zoomed in. We use this internaly in SWEBAT for our Apaches. Only downside is that if you zoom in, zoom out and then zoom in again it tries to move back to the last position it was stabilised on. It is easy to counter this by slightly move your mouse when zooming in and it forgets last position.

One suggestion for the target stabiliser is to set it that so it only is active when using medium and narrow zoom mode, this way you can still use the M230 as normal while unzoomed, then nice and stabile when zoomed in. We use this internaly in SWEBAT for our Apaches. Only downside is that if you zoom in, zoom out and then zoom in again it tries to move back to the last position it was stabilised on. It is easy to counter this by slightly move your mouse when zooming in and it forgets last position.

I saw this comment before, did u edit it? :p

I've applied that already and it's working like a charm, though I'm still trying to find a workaround. Thanks for the info!

I saw this comment before, did u edit it? :p

I've applied that already and it's working like a charm, though I'm still trying to find a workaround. Thanks for the info!

Not sure what happend, all of a sudden it was gone so to be sure I posted again :)

A wish from me is to bring back the HAFM/Arma2 sound for the M230, Arma3's sound is just too... weak :D

Edited by Watarimono
typo

Not sure what happend, all of a sudden it was gone so to be sure I posted again :)

A wish from me is to bring back the HAFM/Arma2 sound for the M230, Arma3's sound is just too... weak :D

You should be using other sound mods then :)

You should be using other sound mods then :)

Thanks for the advice but I still don't think it's the same. I've tried all sound mods I've been able to find but still comes up short.

Compare

(A3 + JSRS2) with
(Arma2/HAFM).

Back to the actual mod, Is it possible to have manual zeroing when you're not using the laser for targeting?

Thanks for continuing this mod. Played with it last night and it's working well. One thing I noticed was that the horizontal stabs don't program up when going faster. They stay pointed down. Not sure if you're able to fix that with the port, but just reporting it.

Thanks for continuing this mod. Played with it last night and it's working well. One thing I noticed was that the horizontal stabs don't program up when going faster. They stay pointed down. Not sure if you're able to fix that with the port, but just reporting it.

Alright, thanks for pointing that out. I'm currently trying to make the fold/unfold animation in the Venom and Viper so I might aswell check the horizontal stabs.

---------- Post added at 02:48 ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 ----------

Back to the actual mod, Is it possible to have manual zeroing when you're not using the laser for targeting?

I'm trying to make that work :)

hey Geraldbolso1899, I´m still getting the "eventhandler error" 87thNeptune posted in the seconf page of this thread.... hope you iron out this pesky bug =)

[Edit] just to refresh your memory -> http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/572273303492503835/71A293A131BEDFE77741C0AA1AC33C4A090A3233/

and haven´t noticed the Littlebird got flares on v1.0, great news, they´re not sitting ducks to AA guns anymore! yay!

cheers!

;2741129']hey Geraldbolso1899' date=' I´m still getting the "eventhandler error" 87thNeptune posted in the seconf page of this thread....

and haven´t noticed the Littlebird got flares on v1.0, great news, they´re not sitting ducks to AA guns anymore! yay!

cheers![/quote']

Yes, the error is no more :)

But I'm still trying to add as many improvements as possible before a do the next update.

About the Lil Bird's, yes, I forgot to mention that :p (Wrong thread though LOL)

Did you by chance fix the flight profiles of the Cobra and Huey? (Y/Z models) That was my only real complaint with Aplion's initial pack.. The Cobra being incredibly sluggish and the Huey being incredibly nimble.. So nimble on it's roll axis that it was unflyable via M&KB.

Also, as with everything everyone else said, you have my team's appreciation and thanks for continuing on with Aplion's work.

Hi,

I've tried to upload this addon to my dedicated server, but it's not working. I had issues with the bisigns (kicked due a bad key) so i've signed myself (using my own bikey) and still not working. I've checked the signatures (both, your and mine) with the tool and doesn't report any errors. Is anyone having the same issue?

Thanks

@drredfox: yes do have the same issue with this mod. if i try to start my linux dedicated server it does not start at all. all other mods just run fine :(

i think it is the eventhandler error causing the server to stop. perhaps geraldbolso1899 could release a hotfix?

Did you by chance fix the flight profiles of the Cobra and Huey? (Y/Z models) That was my only real complaint with Aplion's initial pack.. The Cobra being incredibly sluggish and the Huey being incredibly nimble.. So nimble on it's roll axis that it was unflyable via M&KB.

Also, as with everything everyone else said, you have my team's appreciation and thanks for continuing on with Aplion's work.

The flight models/physx were the first things I attacked when I decided to carry on witht the helos. I also fixed the "ice-skating" problem, well, physx did it :p

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:24 ----------

@drredfox: yes do have the same issue with this mod. if i try to start my linux dedicated server it does not start at all. all other mods just run fine :(

i think it is the eventhandler error causing the server to stop. perhaps geraldbolso1899 could release a hotfix?

I'll release a hotfix this afternoon.

Yep I got the same message when I start the mod. Eventhandler error .

HOTFIX 1.0.1!!!!!

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k3s814c40n99p29/AABOzxycDuskn73unu4-44qra

Changelog:

- fixed Eventhandlers error.

- Minor tweaks to stuff.

Issues:

- The Chinook is not showing up on Zeus.

- Still can't get the Blackhawks and Huey to have a working copilot seat (maybe someone can share some insight :p)

Great that you took it upon you to work on the Arma 2 helicopters, a little issue I have though: So far I've only flown the Apache and the Blackhawk, and they both fly very 'light'. I can understand that the Apache is a powerful machine with a strong engine but you can literally fly upside down for several seconds without bumping into issues (feels a lot like ArmA 3 Alpha flight engine for the Ka60). But like I said the Apache is IRL a pretty strong machine and I'd expect it to pull similar things off, if the pilot is experienced, however the Blackhawk can pretty much do the same things as the Apache. There is no inertia or weight in that bird, it surely is great for arcade-ish flying, but there is no real feeling and challenge to it. Compare it with Aplion's original A2 port and the how the Ghosthawk handles in ArmA 3 vanilla. Hope you can re-think the flight model and tweak it a bit, keep up the good work!

I've been playing around with this mod and enjoying every minute of it. I didn't realize just how much I missed my sexy sexy Blackhawks.

How would I go about moving them from the NATO faction into my USMC faction? I just picked up ALiVE, and I'm still a little unclear as to how, but I want my bases to populate with these heli's rather than vanilla. Still a complete novice, but I assume it will be easier if it's done that way?