twistking

arsenal loadout as respawn loadout without zeus

Hello,

i was wondering, if there was a way to use the loadouts created in the new arsenal, as respawn loadouts, without needing a game-master to manually assign them.

i would like to use the new menuinventory respawn template and define loadouts in description.ext, but the loadout exportet from arsenal seem to be in a different format...

Yeah, it would be really nice to have access to that in any mission. It's so easy to make loadouts but they seem to load a bit weird so it isn't quite a straight forward copy and paste.

if there is no way to assign them directly without gamemaster, i might make a ticket at the feedback tracker. even if it's not a bug, it would be a huge improvment without being to much of an effort to code, i guess. only thing needed would be the ability for the arsenal to export in a format, which could be directly inserted into description.ext with CfgRespawnInventory class.

from the dev-branch changelog:

Added: Pressing Ctrl + Shift + C in Arsenal will export loadout in config format, usable in CfgVehicles and CfgRespawnInventories. This option might be moved to interface later.

good work, devs!

• Like 1

Added: Pressing Ctrl + Shift + C in Arsenal will export loadout in config format, usable in CfgVehicles and CfgRespawnInventories. This option might be moved to interface later.

this seems still to be bugged. the function exports "uniform" instead of "uniformclass", which has to be manually changed to work. also some items are missing, most noticeble weapon attachments.

can anyone confirm this?

i would then make a ticket at the issue tracker, but because i'm not good with editing/scripting, i would prefer if someone could first reproduce the bugs.

the bug still seems to persist.

funny thing is, that it seems to work when ctr-shift-c-exporting predefined soldier-classes. for example importing "B_recon_F" into arsenal and exporting ist via ctrl-shift-c gives you a recon class in correct syntax to paste to "CfgRespawnInventory".

could someone confirm this bug, or tell me, that i'm doing sth. wrong? problem is, i am not confident enough with scripting to submit the bug to the feedback tracker.

*edit*

i now further investigated the problem: syntax for "CfgRespawnInventory" expects weapon and attachments in one class, for example "arifle_MX_ACO_pointer_snds_F". somehow the ctr-shift-export from arsenal only export the base class. so if you edit weapon-attachments of a pre-defined class, the arsenal will export weapon as it was for the class you started with. if you change the weapon or load arsenal and start from scratch, ctr-shift-c will always only export base weapon class and ignore attachments.

i hope that makes sense to you, as my understand of classes in arma is limited:)

Edited by twistking

On 8/5/2014 at 1:48 PM, twistking said:

from the dev-branch changelog:

good work, devs!

It amazes that this hint never made it to the tooltip of the Export function! Would be really helpful ... 😉