kimi_uy

Helmet Mounted Displays MOD

1 hour ago, Mickyleitor said:

What a very well done work, I would love having this new tweaks for the ffaa tiger :whistle::whistle:
Just kidding, I know this is a hard work, keep it going!

Oh, I have other plans para el Tigre :shhh:

• Haha 1

Hello

Can someone tell me what the numbers in the left lower corner means?

There are Fuel, Waypoint an something like "WC" and a number below.

Forum.jpg

Is there a documentation of this mod someware?

thanks Mike

3 hours ago, TitansWeasel said:

Hello

Can someone tell me what the numbers in the left lower corner means?

There are Fuel, Waypoint an something like "WC" and a number below.

Forum.jpg

Is there a documentation of this mod someware?

thanks Mike

W is for waypoint, the "C" is for custom waypoint, the one you shift+Left Click in the map. If you were to have multiple waypoints set in the mission editor or whatever, you'd have the waypoint number instead of the "C".

The number below that is ground speed (in arma it's just regular indicated airspeed), but now that I look at the screenshot I forgot to make it toggle metric/imperial, right now it looks like its stuck in knots.

I guess I should take the time to produce documentation. Thanks for reporting!

Hey kimi, is there a post with an updated list of all the changes made to the weapon systems of the various helos and wipeout (Kimi_Weapons_Helos/Wipeout.pbo) compared to vanilla? Just asking to figure out whether this goes well with running Ace3 in parallel and whether both mods try to change or overlap on some weapons. I know i can simply remove the weapon pbos if i so desire.

By the way, i think at least the Blackfoot does not show this, is it feasible to add HUD symbology for the wheelbrake on/off?

• Like 1

That waypoint feature is cool.  Seems to me the only way you could see multiple waypoints would be if your unit was assigned them in the editor.  Because it seems that Zeus can't do it.

Hello Kimi,

I have this error message when using the Mod ACE 3

2BDD08048A814345600973582F613796BF85990B

3 hours ago, MrFies said:

I have this error message when using the Mod ACE 3

That is a bug in Arma and not related to this Mod. It always happens with ACE, even without HMD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When I logged in to play tonight the HMD does not show up. The option to turn it on is available in choppers but the HMD does not display. One chopper it just says "HMD ON". Am I doing something wrong? I have unsubscribed and resubscribed, deleted it from the ARMA3 launcher and redownloaded it. I am just learning to fly with my flight stick and really enjoyed this mod. I am assuming it has something to do with the update I got tonite?

On 19/12/2017 at 12:33 AM, woomdawg said:

When I logged in to play tonight the HMD does not show up. The option to turn it on is available in choppers but the HMD does not display. One chopper it just says "HMD ON". Am I doing something wrong? I have unsubscribed and resubscribed, deleted it from the ARMA3 launcher and redownloaded it. I am just learning to fly with my flight stick and really enjoyed this mod. I am assuming it has something to do with the update I got tonite?

No update on my side. Did you actually use the action to turn it on?

I just tested this mod, and wish to thank you for your great work. It is what I have been looking for a long time.

• Thanks 1

@kimi_uy is it possible to just have metrics and disable imperal ?   or I mean to make Metric default ? 

question. is there a way to make it so it doesnt "- Removes certain GUI elements such as airframe damage, fuel status (included in the actual HMD)"

On 9.4.2018 at 2:33 PM, Andrew Guard said:

question. is there a way to make it so it doesnt "- Removes certain GUI elements such as airframe damage, fuel status (included in the actual HMD)"

Second this, it's really annoying, especially the damage part. I basicly use the HMD for a proper aimpoint, nothing else.

On 9/4/2018 at 9:33 AM, Andrew Guard said:

On 16/4/2018 at 6:37 PM, almanzo said:

Second this, it's really annoying, especially the damage part. I basicly use the HMD for a proper aimpoint, nothing else.

:hyper:for the upteenth time in this thread, just remove the "Kimi_UI_optional.pbo" from the addons folder.

And excuse me for "ruining" your game, or making it annoying, my sire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dear kimi,

I would like to thank you for this marvellous addon. It makes flying helicopters in Arma so much more enjoyable. In my opinion, the glaring omission of HUDs for the vanilla transport helos dettracted a lot from the game.

Dear undergraduates of Chop's online ettiquette finishing school,

Try:

"Hi Kimi, this is a great addon, I use it all the time. Just wondering if there's a way I can [insert request/query]? I've looked through this thread and the readme and couldn't find the answer. Thanks [name of undergraduate]."

Warm regards

Chops

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/19/2018 at 9:19 PM, kimi_uy said:

:hyper:for the upteenth time in this thread, just remove the "Kimi_UI_optional.pbo" from the addons folder.

for the record on that i never claimed that it ruined the game. and i didnt see the fix or i would have asked. sorry to inconvenience you?

On 20.4.2018 at 4:19 AM, kimi_uy said:

Kimi, I'm really sorry. I did not mean it like that, I must have been in a bad mood at the moment. Allthough a lot of the features of this mod are not that important to me, I do appriciate the effort you have put into it and I do in no way expect you to cater it to my needs. That being said, even though only parts of the mod is relevant for my use, it's still an essential mod for me these days. I didn't mean any disrespect, I'm deeply sorry for offending you.

• Thanks 1

I guess your answer is no ...but is it possible (maybe with an optional pbo)to have cba hotkeys instead of useractions...??
I m shure I m not the only to have this problem because are coming out a lot of mods about air and nobody is thinking about conflict (Kimi Hud,ITC air,Firewill, and ah64 project)....so with cba hotkeys we can choose what keys do what!
thank you

Luca

35 minutes ago, ab_luca said:

I guess your answer is no ...but is it possible (maybe with an optional pbo)to have cba hotkeys instead of useractions...??
I m shure I m not the only to have this problem because are coming out a lot of mods about air and nobody is thinking about conflict (Kimi Hud,ITC air,Firewill, and ah64 project)....so with cba hotkeys we can choose what keys do what!
thank you

Luca

I dont have time to mod anymore, if someone wants to help with that i'll gladly put in some time to make it happen.

• Thanks 1

Hi, 

There is an issue that makes the Apache gun geo-lock while zooming in. It's very similar to this issue. I'm not 100% sure if it's geo-lock that's causing it but the apache gunner spazzes out while the chopper is moving and the gunner is zooming in (same as the issue that I linked below). The same thing can be seen on the little bird.

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=780

Is it fixable?

Thanks!

Hello anybody knows a way to disable this:

Custom Action Keybindings:
- User Action 10: HMD ON
- User Action 11: HMD OFF
- User Action 12: IMPERIAL
- User Action 13: METRIC
- User Action 14: FULL HMD
- User Action 15: DECLUTTERED HMD
- User Action 16: GREEN
- User Action 17: YELLOW
- User Action 18: BRIGHTNESS HIGH
- User Action 19: BRIGHTNESS MED
- User Action 20: BRIGHTNESS LOW

I m not good in modding...

thank you

This is an excellent mod indeed and I'm playing a lot with it, thanks for sharing it!
However I have a question, I noticed that this mod removes certain "vanilla" GUI elements such as the selected weapon (on the screen's upper right corner) and as such I have a question:
- Is it possible to use this mod without losing the "vanilla" GUI elements? If yes, how?
I'm asking this because when for example I'm playing as a MH-60S (or DAP) gunner I cannot see which weapon I have selected. So retaing the "vanilla" or default GUI elements (as well as keeping this HMD mod) would be very important specially in such situations.

Thanks in advance for replies.

On 15.5.2018 at 10:05 PM, almanzo said:

Just a few posts above!

8 hours ago, TitansWeasel said:

Just a few posts above!

Already tried that but unfortunately it didn't work.

After removing the "Kimi_UI_optional.pbo" (and associated .bisign file by the way) the selected weapon still doesn't show on the upper right corner of the screen, this for both pilot and gunner.

Hi kimi, I found out that "just remove the "Kimi_UI_optional.pbo" from the addons folder"  only affect vanilla aircrafts, but ones from CUP&RHS(with compatible file respectively, of course) are still missing GUI elements( eg. airframe damage, fuel status ). Any workaround, please?

• Thanks 1