kimi_uy

Helmet Mounted Displays MOD

Great Mod, ive been using it for years!

Could you add the Y-32 as well?

Because it lacks a proper instrument panel :)

What's the Y-32?

Anyone have the issue where a gunner on the CH-67 Huron or the RHS UH-60M gets booted to the cargo seats? As soon as HMD is removed the gunners are in their normal positions?

Anyone have the issue where a gunner on the CH-67 Huron or the RHS UH-60M gets booted to the cargo seats? As soon as HMD is removed the gunners are in their normal positions?

Screenshots speak louder than posts

Is it on all the black hawks?

pY7ptee.jpgxg09oUe.jpgtGKT37y.jpg

The only vehicles I see that are affected are the armed CH-67 Huron, 2nd picture, and the 2 UH-60M's in RHS (US ARMY - D and US ARMY - W). The UH-80 Ghosthawk's are fine, along with CUP's UH-60's. I've removed and added mods to see if there was some other conflict. As soon as I remove Kimi HUD's everything goes back to normal. Currently I have to unload the crew and manually tell each one to board as a gunner. Maybe this is just so that we have flashbacks to the OFP days when we could only get one gunner LOL.

By the way, great work as usual

Just wondering what the kimi_ui_optional pbo does?

It changes the amount of vanilla UI info.

Removes the weapon/ammo, damage indicators, fuel indicator, etc.

It also depends on the type of vehicle, some of them have less info some of them have almost none (little birds).

• Like 2

I was wondering how much of a pain it would be to take the HUD from a stock helo and apply it to an "aftermarket mod" helo that uses the same flight model? is that something that could be easily done on the fly or something that would need "official" support from the HMD mod?

I was wondering how much of a pain it would be to take the HUD from a stock helo and apply it to an "aftermarket mod" helo that uses the same flight model? is that something that could be easily done on the fly or something that would need "official" support from the HMD mod?

It's not just  plug and play, you gotta get down and dirty with the configs.

What aircraft would u like to see them on?

• Like 1

It's not just  plug and play, you gotta get down and dirty with the configs.

What aircraft would u like to see them on?

I had a feeling it wouldn't be as easy as "change line 26 to variable X" but I suppose we can hope!

One of the mods I've been using has been a Chinook mod (Switched from RHS to a handful of mods)

Boeing/SOAR MH-47E ArmA III

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/167185-boeingsoar-mh-47e-arma-iii/

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=286579896

I love this mod – seems to be very well polished, and a huge improvement on what's there in vanilla :)

There's one thing I wonder about, though: The display is supposed to be helmet-mounted, but as far as I can see, it works regardless of which kind of headgear I wear.

Is it possible to make the display dependent on actually wearing a pilot helmet?

Or are there any functions we can use to enable/disable it via scripting?

I had a feeling it wouldn't be as easy as "change line 26 to variable X" but I suppose we can hope!

One of the mods I've been using has been a Chinook mod (Switched from RHS to a handful of mods)

Boeing/SOAR MH-47E ArmA III

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/167185-boeingsoar-mh-47e-arma-iii/

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=286579896

I remember doing it and sending it to Konyo a couple of years ago and he didn't add it. I'll think about it.

I love this mod – seems to be very well polished, and a huge improvement on what's there in vanilla :)

There's one thing I wonder about, though: The display is supposed to be helmet-mounted, but as far as I can see, it works regardless of which kind of headgear I wear.

Is it possible to make the display dependent on actually wearing a pilot helmet?

Or are there any functions we can use to enable/disable it via scripting?

I'm glad you like it :)

I'm aware about the "helmet independence" but unfortunately it's a game limitation and I don't want to mess with scripting as it may cause conflicts with a bazillion mods out there (i.e. ACE3, RHS, etc).

• Like 2

Hello Kimi,

I must say that I absolutely love the mod, I have been playing arma for over 2 years now and I got no clue how it's only now that I find out about the mod.

Quick question tho, the AGL meter reading seems to be off by 2 meters. Is there a way for me to fix that myself, or is that an error in the mod itself?

Proof in the 2 screenshots below.

FDFF2A1AFFFE8ED1F17753F3417F4405B93DC4C6

A0CB36CBB8FADC3FDD77583AEE144D7F0320C324

That  2m delta is unfortunately something i cannot fix. That number shows the height of the a/c's model center of gravity.

Hey kimi!

I leaved left a message in the workshop mod page but I'm not sure if you still read those in there.

Just wanted to ask if the mod is supposed to work like the following screenshots shows:

Barely visible in daylight

DPu8jWA.jpg

Beautiful at night!

xVpUV4U.jpg

Edited by Eph1n3
Grammar

Hey Eph1n3,

I did see the post but forgot to answer.

It works as intended, if i bring down the alpha of the color it will be barely visible at night with NVGs.

• Like 1

Hey Kimi !

I send you this message today as a modpack manager for my team, not as a user of your mod. In fact, each time I try to fly with one of those big wrong-mounted noisy fan, something terrible happens to me and my teammates... But among those teammates there are some very good chopper pilots, and they are absolutely fond of your work ! They said you bring them the easiest and cleanest way of using helicopters. What seems to me as a big heavy metal box, designed to stay on the ground, seems to them as the ultimate fun in ArmA ! Incredible...

Anyway, that's why we are using your mod in our modpack since the very beginning of your work. But today, as a team, we are evolving to a more public gameplay, hoping to gather around us some motivated semi-milsim french players. With this goal in mind we are redesigning our infrastructure in order to be able to easily welcome new players. The developpement of a private application able to manage and update mods from our private server is one of our actual tasks. This implies to host our modpack directly on our private server. So I'm currently reviewing our whole modpack, asking every mod maker (and there is plenty of them !) the permission to host their work. Today it's your turn !

So, would you allow us to host your work on our server ? Your disclaimer is very clear :

You may not use this add-on (nor any of its parts) in any other add-on or mod (not even partially) nor redistribute or
mirror it without geraldbolso1899's prior permission and agreement.

Of course, we would use your work without any modification, and credits will be given to you through the mod-managing application, but also on our website and in the credits of our missions. Your work, and all the other mods we will hosting, will be accessible only through the application, and the download will be locked by a password we will provide to our players. Appart from that, we are a french team, working to bring a semi-milsim public modded server. Our membres have to pay a contribution, but this fee is recalculated each semester, following the number of people involved, in order to cover our charges. We are a non-profit organisation, we do not accept donations. Public players and membres are sharing the exact same game environnement, the only difference is that membres can vote during our montly meeting and participate to the adventure through their decisions !

I hope you will grant us your permission, as we really want to keep fighting hard with your mod that my teammates love so much !

I'm at your disposal for any information about our team or project, wainting for your answer.

Cheitan

Hey Cheitan,

You have my permission, but only under one condition: i wanna see your gameplay! Do u guys have a youtube channel?

Cheers!

• Like 3

We do have one, yes ! Some of our members are streaming our missions through Youtube. But actually, as all is still in progress, videos and lives are not really accessible, and do not represent what we want to bring to the public.

So thank you very much for the permission, I will transmit you all the informations needed to see what we are doing as soon as possible ! And when we will be ready, feel free to make a small trip to our TeamSpeak ! As I said, we are french, but some of us can speak a pretty good english, good enough for you to discuss a little bit ! :)

See you soon !

• Like 2

Thats what this community is all about-I love seeing people sharing and enhancing things like that :)  

• Like 2

RHS HMDs Choppers are now available in the steam workshop: 

RHS HMDs (Metric)

RHS HMDs (Imperial)

NOTE: these are already included in the original mod available on armaholic and PWS, so no update needed.

• Like 2