kimi_uy

Helmet Mounted Displays MOD

Remove the wipeout_weapons pbo and there should be no problem ;)

That pbo is separated from the other weapons for that particular reason.

Yeah-don't know why I didn't think of that :)

I included my attempt to make the hud/hmcs work in the latest version of the mod, but it didnt even load properly for me. Care to share some screenshots?

Yeah, I will try and take some screenshots tomorrow morning and post them in here.

hey kimi, hey guys.

I´ve got a Problem but i don`t know if it is a Problem with hmcs. We have downloaded a Map from armaholic and added a arsenal Ammobox. After adding the Ammbox our dedicated server is crying because it were not server-side installed

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.patcho_skins, ascz_arsenal_box

After installing arsenal box and restarting our server and hours on google i`ve installed hmcs. But the Server still didn`t run with hmcs

Cannot open file '/***/arma3/@Helo_HMDs_Kimi\addons\hmds_kimi_weapons_wipeout'

in this Post you say in order of a other Problem

Remove the wipeout_weapons pbo and there should be no problem ;)

That pbo is separated from the other weapons for that particular reason.

But when i delete this, the server calls all the other pbo`s as not readable, also patcho_skins.pbo

I´ve tried about 4 Hours to do anything but nothing works

It´s a Debian Linux Server ... I don`t know but i think it`s a Problem with slash and Backslash

Greets & Stay Heavy

Morpheuss

My post about deleting the wipeout weapons pjo was because it conflicts with the mighty gau8.

Have u checked that u actually have the patcho_skins pbo in there?

I cant just guess whats the problem.

I included my attempt to make the hud/hmcs work in the latest version of the mod, but it didnt even load properly for me. Care to share some screenshots?

5M7nuW2.jpg Here is the RHS A-10A HUD, when I hit 5 on the NUMPAD to center the view that is what happens....

sYMCuH4.jpg Same goes to the UH-1Y Venom in the RHS pack, not sure if you had any help with that.

• Like 1

Hi!  Are you amenable to a couple of feature requests?

1) I'd love it if an optional variable could be set on the vehicle to disable the HMD for that vehicle, or to set one on a pilot to disable the HMD for that pilot only.  This is because while we can delete PBOs, it could be more entertaining to enable HMDs as an "upgrade" in mission scripts -- then we just include the PBOs, and disable the HMDs for helicopters that shouldn't have them on a mission-by-mission basis.

2) I think that the mod should actually require a proper helmet of some sort before it displays the HUD.  Even people without helmets who enter the helo can still use the "helmet mounted" displays, which is a bit silly. =)  I'd prefer a whitelist in a userconfig/server config that lists helmets which support HMDs, as well as the ability to set a unit variable so a pilot has an HMD (even if they don't have a proper helmet) --although if #1 is implemented, #2 could be ignored since mission authors could simply disable the HUD themselves if the user doesn't have appropriate equipment.

As a list of default HMD-equipped helmets, I'd suggest:

Helmets

* Assassin Helmet (H_HelmetSpecO_ocamo, H_HelmetSpecO_blk)

* Defender Helmet (H_HelmetLeaderO_ocamo, H_HelmetSpecO_oucamo)

* Pilot Helmet (H_PilotHelmetFighter_B, H_PilotHelmetFighter_O, H_PilotHelmetFighter_I)

* Heli Pilot Helmet (H_PilotHelmetHeli_B, H_PilotHelmetHeli_O, H_PilotHelmetHeli_I)

* Heli Crew Helmet (H_CrewHelmetHeli_B, H_CrewHelmetHeli_O, H_CrewHelmetHeli_I)

Facewear:

* Tactical Glasses (G_Tactical_Clear)

* Tactical Shades (G_Tactical_Black)

Mods

* IdentiZee (AJ_Mask_Teamlead, AJ_Mask_Standard, AJ_Mask_Black_Teamlead, AJ_Mask_black_Standard)

* RHS:AFRF (rhs_zsh7a, rhs_zsh7a_mike)

* RHS:USF (rhs_hgu56p, rhs_hgu56p_mask, rhs_jetpilot_usaf)

* Community Upgrade Project: (CUP_H_SLA_Pilot_Helmet, CUP_H_TK_PilotHelmet, CUP_H_USMC_Helmet_Pilot)

5M7nuW2.jpg Here is the RHS A-10A HUD, when I hit 5 on the NUMPAD to center the view that is what happens....

sYMCuH4.jpg Same goes to the UH-1Y Venom in the RHS pack, not sure if you had any help with that.

Thanks for the screens!

The venom works as intended. The a10 is missing the Hud, but the features that show arr working (i.e.: the gun piper). As a side quest, can u specify what mods were u running on those screenshots?

Hi! Are you amenable to a couple of feature requests?

1) I'd love it if an optional variable could be set on the vehicle to disable the HMD for that vehicle, or to set one on a pilot to disable the HMD for that pilot only. This is because while we can delete PBOs, it could be more entertaining to enable HMDs as an "upgrade" in mission scripts -- then we just include the PBOs, and disable the HMDs for helicopters that shouldn't have them on a mission-by-mission basis.

2) I think that the mod should actually require a proper helmet of some sort before it displays the HUD. Even people without helmets who enter the helo can still use the "helmet mounted" displays, which is a bit silly. =) I'd prefer a whitelist in a userconfig/server config that lists helmets which support HMDs, as well as the ability to set a unit variable so a pilot has an HMD (even if they don't have a proper helmet) --although if #1 is implemented, #2 could be ignored since mission authors could simply disable the HUD themselves if the user doesn't have appropriate equipment.

As a list of default HMD-equipped helmets, I'd suggest:

Helmets

* Assassin Helmet (H_HelmetSpecO_ocamo, H_HelmetSpecO_blk)

* Defender Helmet (H_HelmetLeaderO_ocamo, H_HelmetSpecO_oucamo)

* Pilot Helmet (H_PilotHelmetFighter_B, H_PilotHelmetFighter_O, H_PilotHelmetFighter_I)

* Heli Pilot Helmet (H_PilotHelmetHeli_B, H_PilotHelmetHeli_O, H_PilotHelmetHeli_I)

* Heli Crew Helmet (H_CrewHelmetHeli_B, H_CrewHelmetHeli_O, H_CrewHelmetHeli_I)

Facewear:

* Tactical Glasses (G_Tactical_Clear)

* Tactical Shades (G_Tactical_Black)

Mods

* IdentiZee (AJ_Mask_Teamlead, AJ_Mask_Standard, AJ_Mask_Black_Teamlead, AJ_Mask_black_Standard)

* RHS:AFRF (rhs_zsh7a, rhs_zsh7a_mike)

* RHS:USF (rhs_hgu56p, rhs_hgu56p_mask, rhs_jetpilot_usaf)

* Community Upgrade Project: (CUP_H_SLA_Pilot_Helmet, CUP_H_TK_PilotHelmet, CUP_H_USMC_Helmet_Pilot)

Thanks for the suggestions. I have always tried to push the limita of the engine as far as hmds go, but i cannot find a way to implement those features.

I invite anyone with some scrpting skills (and time) to try to implement those features as i dont know jacks#!£ about scrpting XD

If a toggle hmd on/off was possible, this would narrow down the mod to just a couple of pbos.

Thanks for the screens!

The venom works as intended. The a10 is missing the Hud, but the features that show arr working (i.e.: the gun piper). As a side quest, can u specify what mods were u running on those screenshots?

I tried it with just CBA, ACE, RHS (both halves), and your HMD Mod. looks the same. The HMD crosshair does not line up with the gun pipper unless you manually move it.

EDIT: Here is the A-164 Wipeout

egmsNEV.jpg This image shows me moving the HMD crosshair away from the gun pipper, which is how it is default on say the RHS A-10A and the UH-1Y Venom.

Tt5bQqZ.jpg This one has has the HMD crosshair centered over the gun pipper when I hit the NUMPAD 5 to center the view.

It is working as intended. The hmd crosshair has nothing to do with the gun piper.

The gun piper is the circle with the dot in the middle whereas the hmd cros is to point your helmet onto a target and lock/acquire it.

In screenshots the wipeout gets target boxes on things in view. But when I try it I don't see any. Did something change or am I missing something?

Using steam version.

In screenshots the wipeout gets target boxes on things in view. But when I try it I don't see any. Did something change or am I missing something?

Using steam version.

You are correct. The boxes no longer exist. You only get a "target locked" dashed cross.

Any plans to update to work along with the RHS's MELBs now that they are built into RHS?  

I posted on your workshop bug thread but I wasn't sure how often thats updated or looked at so I figured I'd copy the post here as well for good measure:

I seem to have an issue with the MELB where when I use the HMD the flip out monitors blank out and don't show me anything (in both Pilot and Copilot seat).. I tried using bonestock arma with just MELB and HMD loaded and I took a picture to clarify the issue: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=700601170
I love your mod and will continue to use it anyways, just rather frustrating that when I am piloting I can't see the flipout screens.. As another note I uninstalled both mods entirely and reinstalled making sure they were both up to date..

I posted on your workshop bug thread but I wasn't sure how often thats updated or looked at so I figured I'd copy the post here as well for good measure:

I seem to have an issue with the MELB where when I use the HMD the flip out monitors blank out and don't show me anything (in both Pilot and Copilot seat).. I tried using bonestock arma with just MELB and HMD loaded and I took a picture to clarify the issue: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=700601170

I love your mod and will continue to use it anyways, just rather frustrating that when I am piloting I can't see the flipout screens.. As another note I uninstalled both mods entirely and reinstalled making sure they were both up to date..

I did see it, I will try to solve the issue when I get a gap in my schedule. Really busy with RL stuff lately.

Thanks for the reminder :)

• Like 1

hey kimi, hey guys.

I´ve got a Problem but i don`t know if it is a Problem with hmcs. We have downloaded a Map from armaholic and added a arsenal Ammobox. After adding the Ammbox our dedicated server is crying because it were not server-side installed

After installing arsenal box and restarting our server and hours on google i`ve installed hmcs. But the Server still didn`t run with hmcs

in this Post you say in order of a other Problem

But when i delete this, the server calls all the other pbo`s as not readable, also patcho_skins.pbo

I´ve tried about 4 Hours to do anything but nothing works

It´s a Debian Linux Server ... I don`t know but i think it`s a Problem with slash and Backslash

Greets & Stay Heavy

Morpheuss

When you edit a mission with the Kimi HMD mod loaded, it automatically puts a call to patcho_skins.pbo and causes issues if it's not a required mod by the server. Just an editor quirk.

Fix is to open mission.sqm and remove the patcho_skins.pbo line (you can find it easily with search) and in the future repeat this step or disable Kimi HMD prior to loading a mission in the editor to avoid it in the first place.

Not sure if that's along the lines of your issue, but it was something we ran into when we were working on our server.

I did see it, I will try to solve the issue when I get a gap in my schedule. Really busy with RL stuff lately.

Thanks for the reminder :)

Excellent! seems some modders have their preferred site between workshop, armaholic, and BI forums so I wasn't sure which would get noticed.. I'm in no rush for a fix since it's a pretty small issue, Just want to say I love the work you did on this mod though!

• Like 1

In the Comanche gunner has its weapon displayed in the right upper corner.

in the MELB AH6M-H the gunner has no idea what weapon is active unless the pilot tells him.

Can you please change this?

Excellent! seems some modders have their preferred site between workshop, armaholic, and BI forums so I wasn't sure which would get noticed.. I'm in no rush for a fix since it's a pretty small issue, Just want to say I love the work you did on this mod though!

I've checked this bug and it's happening for me too. I've checked my code and I can't find anything on my side that's creating the conflict. My gees is that the condition they use to toggle the monitor (GEAR UP/DOWN key) conflicts with the conditions of the class MFD (HUD class).

In the Comanche gunner has its weapon displayed in the right upper corner.

in the MELB AH6M-H the gunner has no idea what weapon is active unless the pilot tells him.

Can you please change this?

Noticed, tagged and fixed. Thanks for the heads up! Rolling with the next update.

I would really like to see ALL the American/Western equipment using knots/feet, English standard system by default.  Maybe make the gun/rocket changes optional.  A tried this a little while ago, and found it a little confusing since I added the imperial.  I couldn't figure out if it was statute miles per hour, or nautical miles per hour, and some of the variants of the same aircraft wouldn't use Imperial.

Of course, even if your mod had all the vanilla and kimi vechiles from the West using Imperial, it would be up to other authors to do it too, and it would still be confusing :/

Oh well.  Maybe I'll try it again, and just leave it metric.  Wish the game just had it built in, lol.

Not quite sure what u meant there. If u want to keep the vanilla weapons just remove the HMDs_Kimi_Weapons.pbo.

Imperial speeds are in Knots (nmi per hour) and altitudes in feet. Vertical velocity is in 100ft per minute.

FYI, I had a weird error message along with bug that stopped my ability to load SAVE GAME slots.  And after disabling all my mods and adding them back 1-by-1 for testing to discover which mod was causing the problem, I think I finally narrowed the bug down to your @Helo_HMDs_Kimi mod.  So I wanted to inform you of the problem I'm having.

Here's the error message that I see on the screen when I try to re-load a save game slot (and it fails):

'[_agent] call |#|BIS_fnc_animalBehaviour;'

Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_fnc_animalbehaviour

I hope this helps you trouble-shoot.  I know NOTHING about programming.  I just use and appreciate mods that others make.   And I tested 17 mods before I discovered that this error message (and subsequent failure to re-load save game slots) appears to come from this mod.  If it is a problem with your mod, I wish you good luck in fixing it.  I'm not complaining.  I'm just trying to offer info/help.  Have a great day.

-V