kimi_uy

Helmet Mounted Displays MOD

This mod is great and it isnt only what we want in game, it is what we need in game.

Yeah, that fixes the problem.

Kimi, I strongly recommend moving the HMDs_Kimi_METRIC_MELB.pbo into an "optional" folder. People that don't have the MELB addon won't understand why their game (or server) won't launch, and might not be aware of the option to remove said pbo to use your mod. People might not want to use the MELB addon and that is especially true to players that use addon sync profiles being used to play on dedicated servers that don't have the MELB addon.

Yeah, good call. I'll do the same for the RHS pbo.

Why would people not have the MELB is beyond me

Yeah, good call. I'll do the same for the RHS pbo.

Why would people not have the MELB is beyond me

Its getting added to RHS anyway, so why not. 

Could you speed up the Lock-on time some?  It really works fast in real life.  To auto-lock on anything in FOV and a range card to when it is in range,and maybe a next target missile seeker head uncage system that searches for my next target,and has a % of hitting that target even out of range.

I will fly towards it.It will find it and maybe ,hit it.

kimi would you please consider adding slaving gunship cannons to pilot HUD?

• Like 1

kimi would you please consider adding slaving gunship cannons to pilot HUD?

Beleive me when I say that keeps me from sleeping at night. Kidding. It would eb awesome, but AFAIK the only ones tha tmanged that were Nodunit and Franze, and even then it only works with an AI gunner.

It's definetely something that would revolution gunships, but I don't have the tools, time nor knowledge to pull something like that.

Could you speed up the Lock-on time some?  It really works fast in real life.  To auto-lock on anything in FOV and a range card to when it is in range,and maybe a next target missile seeker head uncage system that searches for my next target,and has a % of hitting that target even out of range.

I will fly towards it.It will find it and maybe ,hit it.

I could, but I don't think it's a game changer here. Either way you'd have to be more specific, at least mention the weapon.

not shure if was asked, but is your mod combatible with ace3 ?

great mod, thx for your work...

greetz

masty

I have had no complaints so far so I'd say it is compatible with ace3

wow. this looks pretty damn awesome. amzing system in the videos. downloading it now.

Thank you for this awesome mod! I do have one question/suggestion though. Would it be possible to add the function of turning the hud on and off? Sometimes in certain situations I find it a little distracting so being able to turn it off would be great, preferably with an assigned key

• Like 1

I'm glad u like it :)

The way this type of HMDs work doesn't allow me to create custom "triggers" for enabling/disabling stuff. I hace asked a3 devs if it was possible and they said no. So the only way i can think of is to sacrifice the anticollision lights action and make it the hmd toggle on/off, but we'll see.

I understand. So I'm guessing it's not possible to simply add an other entry in the action menu then? Thanks again for you efforts with this mod. It's much appreciated

• Like 1

Hey! 

I really like your mod and my clan has been using it for a while. However, after your latest update, we started getting some problems because to it. 

When starting up our server, this is the error message i get as the server starts up: 

Kimi_zpsegggt1cc.jpg

After closing it, the server starts up. However, when trying to load into missions or maps when playing Arma itself, this errormessage pops up:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches.melb'.

Some missions the error will pop up, but the mission will still load and be playable to what i've seen so far. 
Other missions, the error pops up and you are thrown back to the "role assignment" window of said mission, again and again and again. It simply wont load.

Extremely happy if this got fixed as we really enjoy the mod when playing.
If there is anything i can do on my end to fix this, please offer some advice :D

Hey,

Remove the pbo that says melb! From the server and the clients

Cheers

I will be fixing the issue shortly, probably tommorrow-ish!

Possible to add a Wind Direction Arrow?  You always land nose turned into wind direction in RL.thank you.

Possible to add a Wind Direction Arrow?  You always land nose turned into wind direction in RL.thank you.

ATM I can use wind data only when the vehicle is a helicopter and the AFM is enabled.

However, if u use ACE3, you can probably use the "Rctrl+K" to get a wind reference ;)

Hey kimi_uy could you plaz plaz plaz do a custom HUD for the AWS EF-2000 by pinaz I'm sure he and the pilots of the unit im part of would definitely appreciate it Plas Plas plas

Oh dang that's hot.  That vertical speed indicator would come in really handy on the helos too.

Hey kimi_uy could you plaz plaz plaz do a custom HUD for the AWS EF-2000 by pinaz I'm sure he and the pilots of the unit im part of would definitely appreciate it Plas Plas plas

I would plaz plaz plaz do it, if i had plaz plaz plaz RL reference pictures of how the HUD/HMSS/HEA looks like.

Oh dang that's hot.  That vertical speed indicator would come in really handy on the helos too.

All helos have them already:

PGCxGqq.png