kimi_uy

Helmet Mounted Displays MOD

Hi! I've a little issue with the blackfoot. The manual say: 

Gatling 20 mm GUN (Renamed XM301)

- Can be zeroed between 100 and 3000 meters.

- Can be automatically zeroed if LASER ON and the gun has LOCK ON to it.

that's ok, but, if I try to zeroing the gatling at 3000 meters, the bullet don't goes over 1500/1800 meters, instead if I lock the target with the laser, with the auto zeroing, the bullet goes around 2100 meters (also if the target is at 3000 meters).

another issue: if I use the hmd in multiplayer mission, the laser is not present and also can't change the countermeasure mode.

That said, I love this mod and I can't fly without!

I have just a little suggestion: one way to change the color and the brightness. sometime, with a clear sky is too difficult to see.

Bye and thanks for the great work.

Hi Kimi,

Just wondering if it is possible to disable the version of your mod that is contained within ACE 3? I've asked and PM'ed the ACE 3 team but there has been no response.

Reason for my request is due to an issue I reported some time ago to you - where the AI gunners in the attack helo's (Kajman, Comanche) acquire but do not engage enemy infantry with their guns, even after the weapons are cycled through, open fire orders are given or an engage at will command is given. The solution for me at the time was to remove the hmds_kimi_weapons pbo, but with ACE 3 I am now unable to do so.

Would it be possible to provide an option to disable the weapon behavior changes from the HMD mod in future versions of ACE, for those of us that play offline and require the gunners to function semi autonomously as they should. 

Thank you for the mod :) aside from the issue above, the actual HMDs are superb and they make piloting the helicopters so much more practical. 

Kind Regards

Gryphon 

Would removing the ace_aircraft .pbo from ace not fix this?

It should do the trick yeah.

Enviado desde mi SM-G920I mediante Tapatalk

Would removing the ace_aircraft .pbo from ace not fix this?

Just tried this-it works perfectly. So now I am running Ace with Kimi_HMD in Singleplayer and all is well. :)

• Like 1

loving the CAS version of the Comanche mate. Did vanilla Arma3 used to have that or am i imagining it? I thought i remember firing hellfire from a Comanche...

I'm glad u like it :)

I added the models for the hellfires (a2 models). The vanilla helo have "scalpels". The only thing missing is the launch modes for the missiles (LOAL HI/LO/DIR) and i dont know how to do that.

• Like 1

I'm glad u like it :)

I added the models for the hellfires (a2 models). The vanilla helo have "scalpels". The only thing missing is the launch modes for the missiles (LOAL HI/LO/DIR) and i dont know how to do that.

Yeah it's really great to be able to take out tanks now. Did BI get rid of the "scalpels" recently?Until I started using your mod again all i had on the comanche were dagr unguided rockets and AA missiles.

Hey Kimi, no word from Spartan or John about adding your HMD functionality on both Hornet/Wasp and Superflanker? I really miss that on those superb planes... Firewills and Fullerpj´s F-16C are perfect with your hud/hmd combos!

Saludos!

Hey man,

They never contacted me so I didn't even bother. I have done work in the past that wasnt even taken into account so i wont move a finger. To do it like an addon to the addon is as easy as pie, but it would be better to have it integrated with the aircraft from the get go. From what Ivr heard they stop development on their planes, so who knows.

Enviado desde mi SM-G920I mediante Tapatalk

Yeah, I was kinda thinking on an optional addon, like a plug-in, client side so a server with the plane could accept players with or without the HMD plugin!

What I´ve understood from their last statement is that the planes were on a final stage, so they´d only touch them to fix whatever BIS may break with the expansions updates to core game function... so, if Spartan and John never asked for a HMD function, the community claims for it... please Kimi, save us, save us all =D

Saludos!

• Like 2

Heads Up!

I have a new update ready to roll.

It includes HMDs for:

MELBs

RHS' black hawk and venom.

Aswell as some fixes n shit.

Soon I'll adding the Wipeout HUD mod to this MOD, since its a hud with n hmd. Onkeldismaster has helped with some stuff in this regard and it will be added later on.

I'm waiting for the RHS team to give me the green light. As soon as that's done, the update will roll out.

Yeah, I was kinda thinking on an optional addon, like a plug-in, client side so a server with the plane could accept players with or without the HMD plugin!

What I´ve understood from their last statement is that the planes were on a final stage, so they´d only touch them to fix whatever BIS may break with the expansions updates to core game function... so, if Spartan and John never asked for a HMD function, the community claims for it... please Kimi, save us, save us all =D

Saludos!

b0a31fab5faeac57cadc33bd8b5d912d.jpg

• Like 1

New Update!

Kimi_HMDs_v3.4

Changelog v3.4:

- Added MELB HMD

- Added RHS Black Hawk and Venom HMD

- Added Desert Comanche CAS version

- Updated textures for custom helmets

• Like 2

Yay, MELB got a really needed HMD

PAK-FA (RHS and/or LyotchikSniper´s ) could use some HMD love... the F-22 I´ve read doesn´t have IRL HMD support due to high cost of implementing it =P

Keep up the great work, Kimi! Saludos!

[edited cus I fell like a dumb with a screenshot 2 posts above showing up a HMD for the Superhornets =P ]

the F-22 I´ve read doesn´t have IRL HMD support due to high cost of implementing it =P

Keep up the great work, Kimi! Saludos!

It's not expected for another few years

PAK-FA (RHS and/or LyotchikSniper´s ) could use some HMD love... the F-22 I´ve read doesn´t have IRL HMD support due to high cost of implementing it =P

I tell you now, I won't do HMDs for those aircraft.

Ohhh I see... but what about EF-2000 (pook´s... just forgot about them)? That would be awesome =)

And ohhh...the heavy MELB (the one with hellfires and .50 gatling ) doesn´t have HMD support!

cheers! saludos!

I missed that heavy MELB indeed. Might roll out soon!

I won't do any other aircraft.

It's being discussed ;)

Ohhh crap.... I´ve missed the post just above showing an ss of your experimental HMD on a Superhornet... dang, I fell like a noob now lol

awesome news =D

I won't do any other aircraft.

I see... it´s your call... and Pook could use your source HMD code if he´s interested on adding HMD, right?

Saludos!

I'm getting 10:02:04 Warning Message: Addon 'HMDs_Kimi_METRIC_MELB' requires addon 'MELB' As far as I can tell, the addon is installed properly, I even copied into the addons folder to optional metrics (I suppose that's the default, anyway). Am I doing anything wrong?

I'm getting 10:02:04 Warning Message: Addon 'HMDs_Kimi_METRIC_MELB' requires addon 'MELB' As far as I can tell, the addon is installed properly, I even copied into the addons folder to optional metrics (I suppose that's the default, anyway). Am I doing anything wrong?

Just remove HMDs_Kimi_METRIC_MELB.pbo because that .pbo is for Mission Enhanced Little Bird (MELB) addon.

Just remove HMDs_Kimi_METRIC_MELB.pbo because that .pbo is for Mission Enhanced Little Bird (MELB) addon.

Yeah, that fixes the problem.

Kimi, I strongly recommend moving the HMDs_Kimi_METRIC_MELB.pbo into an "optional" folder. People that don't have the MELB addon won't understand why their game (or server) won't launch, and might not be aware of the option to remove said pbo to use your mod. People might not want to use the MELB addon and that is especially true to players that use addon sync profiles being used to play on dedicated servers that don't have the MELB addon.