kimi_uy

Helmet Mounted Displays MOD

Please tell me this is compatable with John Spartans F-18 mod. I want to have the Battlefied experience as the WSO. Or atleast have an easier time locking onto things as a pilot in the E version.

This mod doesn't interfere with no 3rd party addon whatsoever.

If you want HMDs for the Hornet you should talk to John_Spartan or Saul.

Next Update will feature a new version of the comanche with Hellfires instead of Stingers and DAGR rockets are replaced with DAR (shot from the pilot seat).

Radar boxes on the HMD have been removed too and replaced with UI boxes (more persistent than HMD generated ones)

QWUm2LN.jpg

IoZwfB7.jpg

8wbOGcz.jpgCkPE1OL.jpg

• Like 1

New Version Available!!!

HMDs_MOD_Kimi_v3.2

Changelog Version 3.2:
- Removed Radar Boxes from HMD and replaced with UI boxes.
- CAS variant of the comanche with pilot controlled rockets (DAR) and Hellfires (K & N) instead of ASRAAMS (Courtesy of Neptune).
- Little bird has 3 skins available: OLive, Black and ACU pattern.
- Fixed gear problem in HMD for Transport helos.

Nice work man, keep it up!

I have problems reading the numbers on HUD when flying with sun in front. Can you invert the colors or something to make it visible? Thanks!

Unfortunately that's something we all have to deal with and afaik it happens IRL too.

PS: thanks Foxhound for updating the armaholic mirror :)

Oh Kimi, I really would loveeee to see your outstanding HMDs on J&S F/A-18E/F/X and the SuperFlanker (it could inherent the HMD you´ve done for the To-199)... have you suggested a help and they´ve declined or this was never brought up? Awesome work on the FFAA Tiger BTW!

Keep on HMDing man =)

Saludos!

• Like 1

Oh Kimi, I really would loveeee to see your outstanding HMDs on J&S F/A-18E/F/X and the SuperFlanker (it could inherent the HMD you´ve done for the To-199)... have you suggested a help and they´ve declined or this was never brought up? Awesome work on the FFAA Tiger BTW!

Keep on HMDing man =)

Saludos!

It's really up to them, and I do beleive they mentioned something about doing one on their own. AFAIK they have stated they won't update anything until BI fixed some stuff.

For me it's just copy-paste work.

On a side note, PWS mirrors and steamworkshop files were mixed up. I've already updated the proper files on the SWS and I beleive PWS mirrors those files so it might take a while before it gets fixed.

As always, i mess up big updates, so here's a hotfix:

HMDs_MOD_Kimi_v3.3

Changelog Version 3.3:
- Fixed hellfire missing textures.

Fantastic!  Comanche with Hellfires.  This is now my official personal must-have addon :)

Hotfix link broke though :(

• Like 1

Fantastic!  Comanche with Hellfires.  This is now my official personal must-have addon :)

Hotfix link broke though :(

Fixed! thanks for pointing it out! ;)

Hey Kimi,Do your HMD's work with ACE?I see you said you are removing your green hit-boxes.however Ace seems to add its own HMD variations-missile aimbox etc.Will that cause issues if used together?Thanks and keep up the great work

Hey Kimi,Do your HMD's work with ACE?I see you said you are removing your green hit-boxes.however Ace seems to add its own HMD variations-missile aimbox etc.Will that cause issues if used together?Thanks and keep up the great work

ACE is using an old version of the hmd. I haven't messed around with it for a while. I'll add it to my to-do list.

ACE is using an old version of the hmd. I haven't messed around with it for a while. I'll add it to my to-do list.

Great-thanks mate.

Hi Kimi,

Just wondering if it is possible to disable the version of your mod that is contained within ACE 3? I've asked and PM'ed the ACE 3 team but there has been no response.

Reason for my request is due to an issue I reported some time ago to you - where the AI gunners in the attack helo's (Kajman, Comanche) acquire but do not engage enemy infantry with their guns, even after the weapons are cycled through, open fire orders are given or an engage at will command is given. The solution for me at the time was to remove the hmds_kimi_weapons pbo, but with ACE 3 I am now unable to do so.

Would it be possible to provide an option to disable the weapon behavior changes from the HMD mod in future versions of ACE, for those of us that play offline and require the gunners to function semi autonomously as they should. 

Thank you for the mod :) aside from the issue above, the actual HMDs are superb and they make piloting the helicopters so much more practical. 

Kind Regards

Gryphon 

• Like 1

Hey guys,

What ACE3 has is basically a "green light" to use my stuff, but I've never actively worked on it. So I don't have the pull to make that happen. Moreover, I've said it multiple times it had to be a compromise between AI usability or player experience (which is what i do) and separatying the weapons pbo kinda did it. The only real solution to al this, is to make an AI version of the helos, and by this i mean the same aircraft but with the vanilla weapons. And this verison would be available on Zeus n shit.

Hey,

we found a problem with the UH-80 Ghosthawk and the CH-67 Huron. If you retract the gear some parts of the Hud are going missing.

Try it out, it's hard to explain for me.

And by the way, thank you for this mod. I really don't want to fly without it anymore.

Keep up the awesome work.

Hey Kimi, thank you for this great mod. I can't imagine flying  without it anymore (same for your A-10 HUD). I kinda feel it really has matured over recent iterations. If i had to choose only 5 mods i could not play this game without, your's would definately make that list. Which brings me to the point....i like to have it in all helos :P. Anyways, i am taken to flying the MELB (mission enhanced littlebird mod). The model has no HUD at all, only a dot. WHen using trackIR, it is really difficult to to align your viewing angle, the aiming dot and projectile impact point in one straight line. Do you think you might consider porting the HUD from the Pawnee over to the MELB? Any plans on supporting the CSAT Orca in the future?

Thx for your hard work. If you plan on expanding this mod, these two helos could use some love :).

nice work....looks great. I have read Patchworks post about you working on it. Thats great news. Can't wait to get my hands on it ;) I hope you don't feel pressured in anyway to finish earlier, just wanted to know whether this thing is on your plate. Thx again.

No pressure taken ;)

Come on Kimi get your stuff done , im tired of your laziness  :lol:

• Like 1