kimi_uy

Helmet Mounted Displays MOD

I'm really enjoying this mod, especially the robust indicator of where the gunner is looking.

On that note, there are two additions I would ask for:

1) Please enable the gunner's crosshair for the pilot in the Armed WY-55. We were using the gunner to find targets and the pilot to engage and it is so much easier if the pilot can line up on the gunner's crosshair. The Unarmed WY-55 already has this feature and it would be logical that the armed variant would share this capability.

Place a boresight point on the HMD for both pilot and gunner. At the moment the Default 'V' of the advanced flight model fulfils this role, but if it goes away, some helos have no reference to the exact front of the helo.

A final question: Will the IR jammer and non-HMD related features be modular? I'm a bit leery of being forced to used a broad range of potentially conflicting features when all I want is your excellent HMD and optics enhancements.

Sweet speedy fix :)

One more thing lol, in the demo video it showed the HUD of the wipeout (NATO cas) in mine it just shows the default one. (though I need to confirm this tonight by turning all my other mods off)

My bad, the video was made for the MANW contest, which i included the Wipeout HUD MOD, here u go: Wipeout HUD MOD

---------- Post added at 01:11 ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 ----------

I'm really enjoying this mod, especially the robust indicator of where the gunner is looking.

On that note, there are two additions I would ask for:

1) Please enable the gunner's crosshair for the pilot in the Armed WY-55. We were using the gunner to find targets and the pilot to engage and it is so much easier if the pilot can line up on the gunner's crosshair. The Unarmed WY-55 already has this feature and it would be logical that the armed variant would share this capability.

Place a boresight point on the HMD for both pilot and gunner. At the moment the Default 'V' of the advanced flight model fulfils this role, but if it goes away, some helos have no reference to the exact front of the helo.

A final question: Will the IR jammer and non-HMD related features be modular? I'm a bit leery of being forced to used a broad range of potentially conflicting features when all I want is your excellent HMD and optics enhancements.

1) Will check it out, but AFAIK i didn't include that in neither.

2) Honestly I don't see too much use for it, but I'll do some testing and will consider it. The problem it brings is that it will overlap with the weapon crosshairs of choppers with forward firing weapons, such as the Little Birds and Lynx, which actually have there gun boresighted so u can reference that.

3) The Weapons_HMDs_Kimi.pbo is the one that does all the weapon changes. So if u dont like the (AWESOME:cool:) changes I've included in there u can delete that pbo.

EDIT:

I managed to add the Gunners aimpoint to the Lynx: hmd_lyns_10112014_zps0e797bac.jpg

1- Gunner's Aimpoint.

2- A/C waterline cross.

3- Weapon Crosshairs (boresighted, acts as a centerline).

4- TVV.

5- Target selected.

Edited by geraldbolso1899

This is a great mod, especially for flying the Huron, which have useless pages setup on the MFDs ;)

What I would like to see though is hover symbology when bellow certain airspeed (will have to check flight manuals for AH-64D and UH-1Y to check what the specific numbers are IRL*).

And I don't know how ARMA3 does things - is it possible to get PIP visual on the HMD and semi-transparent at that? What I would like to have is NV/IR picture that would allow us to "look through" the aircraft using a PNVS-like system. All of the larger helicopters have very poor visibility out of the cockpit, this could help in some situations, when we can't relay on friends guiding our landing.

[EDIT]

*Hover iconology show up when descending bellow 45kts, and disappears when accelerating past 50kts.

Edited by Sundowner
  • Like 1

I've tried implementing conditions to swap between hover, transition and cruise modes depending on speeds, but afaik there's no easy way to do that. Hence why some of the choppers have cruise (big birds) and the others have transition, according to the instrumental needs of each.

And the PNVS... That's way outta my league.

Agreed with above.

Just a suggestion but it`s better than nothing:

class B_Heli_Light_01_F: Heli_Light_01_base_F
{
memoryPointCM[]= {"exhaust1"};
memoryPointCMDir[]= {"exhaust1_dir"};

Also any ideas on how to display wheel brake status?

Agreed with above.

Just a suggestion but it`s better than nothing:

class B_Heli_Light_01_F: Heli_Light_01_base_F
{
memoryPointCM[]= {"exhaust1"};
memoryPointCMDir[]= {"exhaust1_dir"};

Also any ideas on how to display wheel brake status?

That actually is a really helpful line! :)

The wheel brake status might be included in the future, but for now a good ol' scroll wheel might do the trick ;)

Now for the NV mode in the turrets, unless someone proves to me that the RL Lynx, Comanche, Apache, Viper and Venom have NV mode I won't put it back.

A lot of the systems are more FLIR than actual NV but still slaved to the pilot's helmet:

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us/products/Arrowhead.html

And a basic Wiki description.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Target_Acquisition_and_Designation_Sights,_Pilot_Night_Vision_System

Pilots have it projected to their eyes through the IHADSS monocle on the helmet.

A lot of the systems are more FLIR than actual NV but still slaved to the pilot's helmet:

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us/products/Arrowhead.html

And a basic Wiki description.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Target_Acquisition_and_Designation_Sights,_Pilot_Night_Vision_System

Pilots have it projected to their eyes through the IHADSS monocle on the helmet.

I know what those things are, they just dont have NV in the TADS and the PNVS is not in question here.

I did try to make the nvgs show the green FLIR but arma laughed at my face in those attempts.

Ahh gotcha but no, most of the systems mounted are FLIR, not NVG based, and if they use NVGs it's not part of the sensor suite.

Not sure if this would help but it allows a green thermal mode:

class Turrets: Turrets
{
   class MainTurret: MainTurret
   {
       class OpticsIn
       {
           class Wide
           {
               visionMode[] = {"Normal","Ti"};//,"NVG"
               thermalMode[] = {0,1,2,3};//0=WHOT, 1=BHOT,2=Green WHOT, 3=Green BHOT, 4=Red WHOT, 5=Red BHOT
           };
       };
   };
};

Edited by eRazeri

Not sure if this would help but it allows a green thermal mode:

class Turrets: Turrets
{
   class MainTurret: MainTurret
   {
       class OpticsIn
       {
           class Wide
           {
               visionMode[] = {"Normal","Ti"};//,"NVG"
               thermalMode[] = {0,1,2,3};//0=WHOT, 1=BHOT,2=Green WHOT, 3=Green BHOT, 4=Red WHOT, 5=Red BHOT
           };
       };
   };
};

Yep I know how that works, what I meant was I wanted to have the green thermals in the NVG Goggles to work as some sort of PNVS

Yep I know how that works, what I meant was I wanted to have the green thermals in the NVG Goggles to work as some sort of PNVS

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the FZA AH-64D Apache had a PNVS system that you might want to look into :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the FZA AH-64D Apache had a PNVS system that you might want to look into :)

Yeah, but it's too complicated.

After patch 1.36, and running @CUP, @CBA_A3 in addition, I can't place the Huron (the one with guns) anymore in the editor. The entry in the editor is replaced by a genereic "helicopter". The black Huron works fine. If I remove your addon and only start with @CUP and @CBA_A3 everything works fine.

Edited by t-800a

After patch 1.36, and running @CUP, @CBA_A3 in addition, I can't place the Huron (the one with guns) anymore in the editor. The entry in the editor is replaced by a genereic "helicopter". The black Huron works fine. If I remove your addon and only start with @CUP and @CBA_A3 everything works fine.

yeah 1.36 messed with all my mods. I'm already back in the dungeon so an update will come soon.

BTW you can just remove the Huron pbo.

Let this be a reminder: this addon is modular, that means you can remove the parts of it you don't wish to use!

yeah 1.36 messed with all my mods. I'm already back in the dungeon so an update will come soon.

BTW you can just remove the Huron pbo.

Let this be a reminder: this addon is modular, that means you can remove the parts of it you don't wish to use!

Thanks for the quick reply, I already removed that one. Great to hear that you are already working on it, as this mod is kind of essential for me ;).

New Update Available!!!!

Kimi_HMDs_v2.4

Changelog v2.4:

- Fixed UI errors.

- Removed Huron HMD (For now until I get a proper fix).

- Revised Weapons.

- Revised some HMD elements.

No,you just change the briteness of the glow to make stuff more `normal`,easy to see/read.

Maybe change the background colour of it .Simple.:)

Could you make this somehow incorporated into a pod that could be placed onto a F-16 as a camera pod?

You could see with some sort of panning ,like a Raven camera (uav) and from altitude we could ,with an interface/camera and a autopilot set speed /alttude and simulate BDA.

What if you`re mod can provide some sort of possibility to see a target,lockonto it and simply record what it sees and show on blue force tracker what happend and maybe record it as a movie ? Somehow,the pilot/co-pilot has to see it so we .

Edit: Can we get rid of the "radar" all together,and just consentrate on a much improved RwR

instead,warning of incomming missiles,sence we can get some use of surprise attacks,if we could make a mod that make that recceiver stop updating,to simulate ECM and suddenly turn it on again.

For once,we will have some use of 2-seaters...If we have a interface,this looks like a good start.

Perfect for Recce flights,if we can set a GPS position where we like to start recording what it sees.

Maybe ,you can use the allready made "Helmet mounted cameras" and ad those to "hidden selection" and make it go invisable inside of that pod and add pan and zoom (70mm will do fine) and you`re mod will be a 2-in-one mod.

Edited by Teddybear1

Omg slow down mate, i saw a similar post from u in the wip f35b from randomslap, u trollin of something? WTF?

I'm not gonna even bother to answer all the batshit clusterfuck of things u r requesting.

If u took the trouble to write all that down please be decent enough to offer help to accomplish those goals.

Thanks for informing us about the updated version mate :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!