Sign in to follow this  
Grumpy Old Man

Force unarmed AI to sprint - how?

Hey folks,

trying to make unarmed units sprint, doesn't look like it's even possible with setspeedmode or forcespeed,

any chance of replacing the regular jogging animation with the sprint animation? The only sprint animation I could find was under <unknown> and it looks like it's bugged.

Already made a feedback ticket about this some time ago.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

If you use set up a trigger you can call via radio with this as your activation code:

copyToClipboard str (animationState player)

You can then sprint yourself, activate the trigger while sprinting and it will copy your sprinting animation to the clipboard. You can then use this animation to make them sprint.

I did this in an A2 mission but I can't remember how good it came out tbh.

Oh boy that's a great idea!

For now this is a pretty decent solution:

_nul = [] spawn {
while {alive test} do {

test playmove "amovpercmevasnonwnondf";
waituntil {animationstate test != "amovpercmevasnonwnondf"};
};
};

Thanks!

Only downside seems to be that's impossible to influence the units direction when using this method.

Using setdir leads to weird warping of the unit.

Yeah I seem to remember it never quite worked out as well as I had hoped when I tried this.

Maybe you can influence the direction by using a different animation? Like the "sprint in a 45 degree angle one", if you know what I mean.

Yeah I seem to remember it never quite worked out as well as I had hoped when I tried this.

Maybe you can influence the direction by using a different animation? Like the "sprint in a 45 degree angle one", if you know what I mean.

Could do that I guess, but for now I only trigger the sprinting animation if the player is in front of the AI unit, can just hope for a fix from BI.

Grumpy,

I have a mod that fixes this if you'd like :| It's not the best solution but it gives AI the ability to sprint again while we wait for BIS to fix this...