Sign in to follow this  
blackpixxel

What the hell is BIS doing? (Copy/Paste vehicles and weapons)

Hi,

I cannot believe what BIS is doing. When the game was an Alpha, it was okay for me that there is some stuff copied to other factions. When it entered the Beta I thought "Well, there is still time to change this". But now I lost all my hope:

-MRAPS share the same RCWS

-NATO and CSAT Anti Air tanks share the same turrets

-NATO and CSAT Atrillery share the same turrets

-CSAT and AAF APC share the same turret

-NATO, AAF and CSAT share the same UAVs, Darters and UGVs

-NATO, AAF and CSAT have the same boat and SDV as well as the same diver equipment and weapon

-NATO, AAF and CSAT have the same AT and AA launcher

-NATO, AAF and CSAT have the same stationary weapons

-NATO, AAF and CSAT have the same ...

Okay, let's see what BIS is doing instead: Zeus, Karts, Bootcamp

Zeus and Karts are more hobby projects. I understand that. I just wish that they would work on more important things in their freetime.

Bootcamp, well, brings nothing that I really need.

I am just concerned that these things will never get fixed. As first it is an absolutely immersion killer to see the same assets everywhere used by every faction. But this causes another issue. How should I identify an enemy boat/sdv/diver/drone etc. over long distances? It is not possible.

This aspect of the game lacks a lot of creativity. It is okay that BI had to rush to get the game ready for the release date. But I do NOT understand that it stays the same more than a half year after release. I mean, they even have different machine guns on their tanks for each faction. Why not use them on top of the MRAPS too? It would be so easy and a huge step into immersion and realism.

I just hope that BIS starts to work on these things and does not use all the ressources on new DLCs and expansions. If I would work for Bohemia Interactive I would not be satisfied with the current copy and pasta state of the game.

It's Quality over Quantity bro ;)

Hehe, more like none of both.

I would not even care it there were Arma 2 turrets on the vehicles, but I cannot really accept this state of the game in 2014.

Hehe, more like none of both.

What's wrong with the quality of BIS's weapons and vehicles? They are probably the most attractive looking graphical assets in the game.

While the visual aspect is one part of quality I think that creativity and authenticy are important as well. And at the moment there is much potential for improvements.

And as long as there are no improvements this topic is worth another, since BIS and the forum mainly concentrate on DLCs and weapon sway.

Edited by BlackPixxel

This topic is hardy worthy of yet another thread, it's been discussed over and over again already.

Captain Obvious and his crew to the rescue. (Sorry, couldn't resist)

But it is indeed already discussed to death.

§7) Search before posting

If you have a question, please use the forum search function before posting to make sure that it hasn't been answered before. There is a big chance it has, not only does searching help to keep the forum free of multiple threads it will also help you to get an answer much quicker.

§8) Post in the right forum & right thread

Please ensure you make new threads in the correct forum, if you're unsure of which forum to post in feel free to ask a moderator. If a thread exists for the topic you wish to post about you must use it, for example all ACE questions belong in the ACE thread. All addon/mod questions belong in the thread for that addon/mod. In the case of DayZ discussions they should be posted on the DayZ forums, this includes problems with the Modification. The troubleshooting forum is not for problems with Addons and Mods!

-Closed-