Sign in to follow this  
cooljacob204

Battle-Eye and servers owner custom anti-cheats can suck :[

So a few days ago I got banned from about half of Altis life and my favorite CTI. I kept joining them and then getting kicked from battle-eye saying battle-eye ban. I was quite confused at the time because I couldn't join any servers and it was not saying it was a global ban so I tab out to Google the error when I see I left cheat engine open! Before I felt like playing arma I was enjoying a session of Euro Trucks Simulator and my save file got corrupted (Couldn't modify my truck at all without the game crashing I think the multiplayer mod does this) so instead of redoing my level ~16 grind I popped open cheat engine gave myself about 2m and set my level to 16. My friend then messaged me asking to play Altis life which I agreed to and opened Arma without a second thought. Then I started getting booted for battle eye bans.

I am now banned off of half of Altis life servers because a lot of them share a ban respiratory (Which is why I complained about custom anti-cheat in the title). And my favorite CTI server. I am sure I can get unbanned from the CTI but the Altis server admins are a lot more strict which is ok because I don't really play Altis life all that much. I think that it is just bad anti-cheat to ban a person for having a idle program open in the back round. I did NOT have Arma selected and it was in no way interacting with Arma. The most frustrating part is that it is only a server ban, if battle-eye thought I was hacking why didn't I get a global? Instead I get a ban from any server I tried to join while I had this program open in the background which is just plain old, bad anti-ban practices. I am not sure if it is battle-eye or custom server anti-hack stuff but I find it a bit ridiculous that I got banned from as many servers as I have without doing anything wrong other then having cheat engine installed and opened in the background.

Also if this is custom anti-cheat then I am PISSED that they have access to my processes.

Sorry for the rant I am just pissed that I got banned from a good 10 servers for forgetting I had cheat engine open.

Cheat engine is a great tool for my single player games and I should not have to worry about receiving bans because I use it.

TL;DR: Forgot I had cheat engine open from a Euro Truck Simulator session and got banned from a lot of servers.

If you don't want to be banned for cheating, don't cheat.

If you don't want to be banned for cheating, don't cheat.

Did you even read anything? I did nothing of the sort and that is the issue. If you think I am cheating then go ahead and reproduce it. It is extremely easy to reproduce.

Custom anti-cheat measures cannot detect any processes running on your PC. (Unless you intentionally downloaded and installed some third party executable, though I don't think anyone has made such a thing.)

You were most likely banned by BattlEye and the ban was propagated to other servers. Server owners are within their rights do this, and discussing it here won't change anything. If you want to appeal your ban, you should contact the server owners directly.