Sign in to follow this  
JJonth Cheeky Monkey

M16 and xm

The new sounds for these guns in my opinion Suck, go on moan at me, but i dont care, and have they slowed the rate of fire down, i can fire 3 single shots in the same time as burst from the M16 confused.gif I prefered the old sounds smile.gif is there a way to bring them back?

You could try installing Satchel's Dynamic Range soundpack...it replaces all weapon/player/vehicles sounds...it really does sound a lot better than the default OFP sounds smile.gif

Dynamic Range won't work with Resistance AFAIK. You could try it though.

I don't have Resistance so I can't judge anything but lots of people complained about the original sounds for the M16 in OFP. Truth is, due to the huge recoil buffer and the design of the gas system, the M16 really doesn't give off the impressive pop that the AK series rifles do. OFP sounds for the M16 are pretty accurate.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeathShrimp @ July 03 2002,04:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it really does sound a lot better than the default OFP sounds smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

*shudders* oh god the old pop gun sounds with the M16...Yuck..*throws up*

The new sounds in resistance are worse for the M16s though, the AKs are good, single shot is OK, but the burst just gets me mad.gif pop!.. 1sec delay, pop!.. 1sec delay, pop!, I really want the old ones back i actually quite like the old ones, the burst actually sounded like a burst,

old one: th!..th!..th!.. smile.gif

new one: pft!.. 1sec delay, pft!.. 1sec delay, pft!! mad.gif

i hardly use the M16s and XMs now, i use the G3 and the M21 with a glock as a sidearm smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

The G3 and the FN FAL make a nice noise though, lik a clap smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ July 03 2002,07:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OFP sounds for the M16 are pretty accurate.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree, but the new ones mad.gif i think they have used the G36 sounds and mixed it with someone doing a wet turd confused.gif

As I said in single shot mode the M16 is ok, but in burst i just cant use it, same with the XM in full auto mad.gifmad.gif

I agree with the monkey entirely i'm afraid, they suk big time sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BabaZed @ July 03 2002,21:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I agree with the monkey entirely i'm afraid, they suk big time  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif Thankyou, i thought i would be the only one complaining and then everyone will flame at me because im been so picky smile.gif

No you're completely correct. The new sounds are bad. not only are they bad but the rate at which the XM and M16 fire in auto is too slow. In semi you can fire rounds off faster than in auto. Something is VERY wrong.

I really hope they fix it.

I think you people should read some other topics as well, you

might find solution for your problems.

Sorry, but the new M16 sounds do suck, not just the sounds but the Rate of fire for the burst its too slow, why cant it be as fast as the AUG or the G36, the M60 fires at 550 rpm and that is faster than the XM177 what it says fires at 750rpm confused.gif

Im happy with the new AK sounds, they rock, especially the burst, sounds like its out of a film smile.gif  smile.gif

The ROf should be like when you turn the game speed up to X2 then you get about 800 rpm not 400 like it is normally

slow firing automatics are crap esp when you can fire it in semi auto faster

Hmm well seeing as there's a poll about this I think I'll close this one at let the poll decide smile.gif