Sign in to follow this  
#momo#

Porting my A2 map to A3 - Problems with Mikeros MoveFolder and/or bi-configs

Sorry in advance if this is answered in another post, but I spent the last 2 days reading manuals and forum posts and my head feels like it's gonna explode soon.

Edit: Ok I definitly need some sleep, same question here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180943-No-Token

What I want to do:

I want to port my Arma2-Map called Napf to Arma3, as an addon independent of A3MP or AiA. (In the long run, the goal of this is to use A3-Assets like Military Structures and other stuff for the map).

What is working so far:

Terrain Builder is loading the map, the Sat etc. This is all fine. Also, I managed to get all Trees and Bushes from Arma2 in a seperate Addon, thanks to MoveFolder from Mikero, with the method that is described by Bushlurker in this thread:http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?176020-Missing-objects-on-map-by-using-different-Binarizers

What is not working:

After I got the Vegetation from Arma2 to Arma3, I again wanted to use MoveFolder for the Arma2-Building. This worked for example for the TV-Tower (P:\ca\structures\A_TVTower) and the Tower is showing in-game in A3.

However: MoveFolder gives me an error for a lot of structures and just refuses to work.

Example:

- I take P:\ca\structures\A_MunicipalOffice,

- copy the unbinarized p3ds in my new Addon-Folder P:\Momo\A2Objects\Structures_Cherna\A_MunicipalOffice,

- use MoveFolder, "Move CA/A3", "Crunch from P3d content",

- then I use MoveFolder, "Move CA/A3", "Crunch from config" with "P:\ca\structures\A_MunicipalOffice\config.cpp" as SourceConfig,

- which results in the error message "File P:\ca\structures\A_MunicipalOffice\config.cpp: Line 79 No Token".

Now this is a config from bi! Line 79 is a "};", the part above reads like this:

mat[]={

DAMAGE_MAT(Ca\Structures\A_MunicipalOffice\data\,A_MunicipalOffice_Multi2.rvmat)

DAMAGE_MAT(Ca\Structures\A_MunicipalOffice\data\,A_MunicipalOffice_Multi3.rvmat)

DAMAGE_MAT(Ca\Structures\A_MunicipalOffice\data\,A_MunicipalOffice_windows.rvmat)

DAMAGE_MAT(Ca\Structures\A_MunicipalOffice\data\,A_MunicipalOffice_windows_balkon.rvmat)

DAMAGE_MAT(Ca\Structures\A_MunicipalOffice\data\,A_MunicipalOffice_metal_roof01.rvmat)

DAMAGE_MAT(Ca\Structures\A_MunicipalOffice\data\,A_MunicipalOffice_metal_roof02.rvmat)

DAMAGE_MAT(Ca\Structures\A_MunicipalOffice\data\,A_MunicipalOffice_Multi1.rvmat)

};

I tried to change all "\data\,A_Municipal" to "\Data\A_Municipal" but then MoveFolder gives me the error "Line 72: not enough parms in define expansion".

Now the technical stuff behind Arma is not my strong suit anyway and just a necessary evil to be able to create my own world, and I am at the end of my abilities here. I get the "No Token" error for a lot of buidlings.

The question is, can other people reproduce this error, or is the problem on my side, and in both cases, how can it be fixed?

Edited by #momo#

Well if you get them all Woking please let me know as having the same issue :(

Manually remapped the paths and packed them up which seems to work for the most part , but a lot of errors on start-up now

you overwritten your config, with the config that you have downloaded with the Mlods?

try the original Config from the CA Folder....

you overwritten your config, with the config that you have downloaded with the Mlods?

try the original Config from the CA Folder....

Problem solved, thanks a lot!

1/2 page of text and one short sentence answers it - I feel like FPDR

Just to make sure, it seems I have to re-path a lot of proxies with ObjectBuilder (for example in the Chernogorsk-Hotel)? MoveFolder does repath some of them, but not all. Anyway, it still safed me a lot of time, just making sure...

Now this is a config from bi! Line 79 is a "};", the part above reads like this:

mat[]={

DAMAGE_MAT(Ca\Structures\A_MunicipalOffice\data\,A _MunicipalOffice_Multi2.rvmat)

DAMAGE_MAT(Ca\Structures\A_MunicipalOffice\data\,A _MunicipalOffice_Multi3.rvmat)

DAMAGE_MAT(Ca\Structures\A_MunicipalOffice\data\,A _MunicipalOffice_windows.rvmat)

DAMAGE_MAT(Ca\Structures\A_MunicipalOffice\data\,A _MunicipalOffice_windows_balkon.rvmat)

DAMAGE_MAT(Ca\Structures\A_MunicipalOffice\data\,A _MunicipalOffice_metal_roof01.rvmat)

DAMAGE_MAT(Ca\Structures\A_MunicipalOffice\data\,A _MunicipalOffice_metal_roof02.rvmat)

DAMAGE_MAT(Ca\Structures\A_MunicipalOffice\data\,A _MunicipalOffice_Multi1.rvmat)

};

I tried to change all "\data\,A_Municipal" to "\Data\A_Municipal" but then MoveFolder gives me the error "Line 72: not enough parms in define expansion".

Just for info - in this case, the comma is separating two different things...

"Ca\Structures\A_MunicipalOffice\data\" is one thing - then there's a comma which means "end of that thing", then "A _MunicipalOffice_Multi2.rvmat" is another thing...

By removing it you made all of that stuff in brackets into one thing, which means there's less things than there were, which is why you get the error "not enough things"...

B