Sign in to follow this  
KTottE

Ofp:r and airports

Hiya BIS.

So, I fired up the editor and I spotted the island to the north of Nogovo. Used "show textures" and saw that it had a runway. Yaaay. So I placed a soldier and ran around on the island for a bit, and I thought that it would be awesome to use as a base when starting the missions.

But, when I placed an AI A10 on the runway, it veered south and started going across the island. Then it went into the water. Few seconds later "Ka-boom".

Then I looked at the rest of Nogovo, and found the airport to the west part of the large island.

I tried to place the A10 there, and then it worked perfectly.

So my guess is that OFP:R only supports one airport per island, so why did you make two?

Maybe they made it for the MP, it's nice to have a CTF map with airfields for both sides wink.gif.

Norsu, what use does it have in MP if it is messed up? Do you think it's gonna be working properly on MP when it doesn't on the editor or something? lmao

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (weedmasta @ July 03 2002,11:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Norsu, what use does it have in MP if it is messed up? Do you think it's gonna be working properly on MP when it doesn't on the editor or something? lmao<span id='postcolor'>

Uuuh lmao to you buddy.

It was the AI (ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, BOT) that veered off the island.

Just to make it clear, there usually aren´t any AI pilots in CTF. wink.gif

Well in MP you dont have to worry as real players are taking off from the airport, not the AI.

Still, I think it's a big letdown for us mission designers. I had 10 different missions sketched out during that brief testing session, and now I can't make them =(

Maybe they only made the island for cutscene-purposes for themselves. Thats what it seems about all the small islands on Everon and Malden.... wink.gif

Anyway you don't need an airstrip to take off on. Just find a relative flat clear area smile.gif

maybe one airfeild is for East and one if for West but even the air strip dont mean its the cause that the plane just when into the water

Ok, to clear a few things up:

@Shadow:

I know I can take off wherever the land is flat enough.

But as stated, I wanted AI to do this. And for that you need to define certain memory points. Known as ILSPosition[]

There are no specified ILSPositions for east or west, it's free for all. And that sort of clear things up with LBGS_Stewart as well.

And I know why the plane went into the water. It's because it was heading for the ILSPosition[] set up at the main airfield.

I know this because I double checked, I placed my AI A10 on different places all around the airfield (main airfield) and it always started driving towards the same spot. The ILSPosition[]

Another question, and i didnt wanted to start another topic about it ; can anyone give me the exact map grid for the airports on Nogova ?

Thx wink.gif

Too hard to fire up OFP:R and see for yourself?

no. i just cant find them both; i got the 1 on the northern island, but cant find the airport ion the main island...

On Nogova, go west out to the desert area. It's just by the coastline.

Now that BIS seems to be reading the forums again, I thought I'd give this sucker a little bump.

*Bump*

Hey KTottE, I see what you mean about the airfield. Something else that proves the northern one doesn't work is that if you actually fly a plane around over the northern island and instruct it to land on autopilot it just heads off towards the airfield on Nogova!

...and flies smack into a mountain on the way...? Hurrah.

oh well, no scripted missions for that airfield then unless you code the movement necessary to bring the plane down onto the runway and stop.... now there's a challenge LOL.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ July 03 2002,16:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe they only made the island for cutscene-purposes for themselves. Thats what it seems about all the small islands on Everon and Malden....  wink.gif

Anyway you don't need an airstrip to take off on. Just find a relative flat clear area smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah Shadow knows.... Heck take me for it, I use just about everything for a runway!!!!

Even a road can be used. but i old versions like 1.00 the Cessna will on bumpy roads go with theyr nose down in the tarmac!

But thoose green areas are NOt certefied for runway use... i learned it the hard way wink.gif

Anyways Shadow welcome back haven't heard from you at a long time...