Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

undetectable mines and satchel

Hi.

I'm trying to make a mission in which I want to place mines and satchel.

unfortunately, the enemy AI always spot them.

How can I do to make them undetectable or to make enemy AI not being able to detect them.

Thanks.

Well if the enemy AI are on waypoints then wouldnt "careless" work or maybe "unaware" ?

Just thinking from the top of my head :)

Sorry but... AFAIK even when the AI detects a mine, is perfectly able to walk in and boom....

Also, dirty trick.. remove the mine detector in the AI, isn't it?

Replace mines with 155mm HE rain.

Didn't really spend much time researching mines,

but as with everything in arma it strongly depends on the mine placement if an AI unit will detect it or not.

Try to put it behind rocks or bushes and see how that goes.

Can't. It was for my mission 16 - ambush in which the player must prepare an ambush.

I succeeded to have it work in some way but AI still see them. Instead of putting them on the road, I place them on the side and have the vehicles setdamage 1 if hit.

Can't. It was for my mission 16 - ambush in which the player must prepare an ambush.

I succeeded to have it work in some way but AI still see them. Instead of putting them on the road, I place them on the side and have the vehicles setdamage 1 if hit.

Well yeah, no kidding Ai will spot mines in the middle of the road. You should always plant them next to the road, at best hidden behind a bush taking the approaching direction of the vehicles into account.

in ArmA 2, they didn't spot them ^^

And even if they're on the side of the road, hidden in bushes, they will spot them.

Have a look at my mission and you'll see.

Fortunately, the explosion range is quite large and the vehicles can be hit :p

Sorry I thought you were asking about infantry and not vehicles, but anyway guys, I insist, my personal experiencie is AI never avoid mines even if detected. Has it changed????

And, an idea... spotdistance in the proximity of the mine of the vehicle?

Maybe create the mines in a server script and put them in an array? You might be able to work a little magic after that.

Won't work either.

Anyway, I managed to find a solution for my mission - not using mines and put the satchel charges on the side.

It works so far.

I think BI devs have become activists in this area and seem to be trying to discourage the use of land mines/hidden explosives.