Sign in to follow this  
MarutiaOrtia

What is the best war/strategy game story line?

Hi guys,

Can you please share which is the best war/strategy game story line you have seen?

How important is the story line for you? Comment please.

I feel like the original Starcraft had the most detailed storyline out of all the strategy games I have played. I really liked how C&C Red Alert starts out as well as Total Annihilation.

Starcraft

Warcraft

the old C&Cs

World in Conflict

Don't care about storyline, just gameplay matters. SupCom best RTS game for me.

In general I'm not looking for storyline experience in strategy games (RTS however is a bit different and story plays some role to me). Does no harm, if it is there though. But my favourite story, because it was told in so unique manner (very "personal" - first person narration, sketches... great result with not fancy measures), I remember till today, was that, I found in "Original War" RTS. Starcraft and other Blizzard games also had extraordinary storytelling thanks to superb intros and cut-scenes.

C&C Generals, StarCraft, Warcraft 3, Red Alert series, Men Of War.

wait, generals had a pretty uninspired storyline and shouldn't be in this list.The Tiberium series had a much better story.

Yup Generals had a great gameplay but the storyline was just quick made up , if you want story then only Tiberium series and Red Alert series

Edited by RobertHammer

There is plot in both Generals & Zero Hour, nothing epic but there is and it's funny with some real life references. IMO Generals is best C&C game ever. Mods like Shockwave or Cold War Crisis bring th egame to a whole new level.

World in Conflict had your typical Invasion Scenario but pulled it off rather well and Alec Baldwin voice over between missions was pretty cool. Gameplay wise it was great fun as well.

World in Conflict was great. Not a very realistic story, but it's basically the 80s in microcosm.