hansen111

High Command Transport

hctransport1.jpg
High Command Transport
LightWeight AddOn v.1.0.1
A VERY simple / lighweight AddOn that fixes current issues with performing transport in High Command Mode - No addons or mods required.
Author: Henrik Hansen
- If you are using my functions in a realease please leave a thank you note in the credits
Special Thanks To:
- Jester814 for inspiring tutorials / videos
AddOn created mainly to correct high command transport tasks like (but not limited to):
- hc group will not board vehicles that has been assigned to other hc groups (even though cargo space is available)
- hc group will not board even empty vehicles in which the player has been in the driverseat
- Feedback tracker: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12934
Usage:
- Go to high command control (Left CTRL + SPACE)

- Use Action (scroll-wheel) Called High Command Transport

- Select high command groups (F1 - F12)

Selecting 2 High Command Groups -> Scroll Wheel High Command Transport -> Load

will perform the "Transport Load" action.

1 Transport Load
----------------------
Select the HC Groups (F1 to F12) to combine for transport. In the selected groups, 1 group must be in a vehicle, all other groups must be on foot. If you are in the vehicle to provide transport, only select groups on foot that are to mount the vehicle. If the group transport provider is in a helo, the helo will auto find a location to hover, and the groups on foot will mount. Make sure that the vehicle has capacity to transport the groups.

2 Transport Unload
-------------------------
Select 1 or more HC groups that are being transported (assigned as cargo) to dismount the vehicle they are in. If the transport vehicle is a flying helo it will find a location to unload troops while hovering very low, if a helo pad is close it will be used (standard arma). The troops will auto dismount.

3 Crew Enter
----------------
Select 1 HC group to mount and take control (driver and turrets) of a nearby vehicle. Closest vehicle will be considered first and so on, only vehicles that have no CONTROLLING crew is considered, only vehicles that can carry the whole group is considered. If the group have more men than the vehicle driverseat + turrets, the rest will mount as cargo.

4 Crew Exit
----------------
Select 1 or more HC groups that controls (driver + turrets) vehicles, selected groups will dismount their vehicle.

5 Engine On
----------------
Select 1 or more HC groups controlling a vehicle to turn engine on. Its safe to select all HC groups to perform a uniform spool up since the order will be auto ignored by groups not controlling vehicles.

6 Engine Off
----------------
Select 1 or more HC groups controlling a vehicle to turn engine off. If a selected HC group controls a flying helo, that helo will find a location to land and shut engine off. Its safe to select all HC groups to perform a uniform spool down since the order will be auto ignored by groups not controlling vehicles.

7 Helo Land/Hover
-----------------------
Select 1 or more HC groups controlling a flying helo that will find a location to hover very low for troops to mount / dismount. Note that troops will not auto mount / dismount, you still need to press 6-1 or 6-2 after the helo is hovering low.

8 Toggle SideChat
------------------------
Toggle if the HC groups will use sidechat to inform you of performed mount / dismount actions, good feature if you are far away, eq. you want to know when a riffle squad have finished dismounting / mounting a helo so you can order the helo back.

Known Issues:
Although it is checked WHEN ORDERED if a group can fit in a vehicle, ordering many groups at the same time into a vehicle that cannot hold all troops can cause unknown behavior, even desynch of groups.

To do:
- Release Single Player ShowCase
- Add multiplayer support - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180909-High-Command-Transport&p=2778858&viewfull=1#post2778858

Updates:

v.1.0.1 - 9th of january 2015
- Update to handle config changes introduced with "Firing from vehicles" - (Firing Cargo Seats is now turrets)
- Transport Load (6-1) now count cargo seats correctly
- Transport UnLoad (6-2) now unloading vehicle dont move off to old waypoints
- Crew Enter (6-3) now count cargo seats correctly
- Replaced KK_fnc_commonTurrets with allTurrets
- Replaced "deleteWaypoint [_x, all]" with "while {(count (waypoints _x)) > 0} do {deleteWaypoint ((waypoints _x) select 0)};" - (RPT ERROR LOG)
- Added Variable: HC_Transport_Version

Here is a nice video made by Jester814 on high command, it also illustrates the need for a fix like this addon:

DropBox Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9dbdfyta8sxbhm3/%40HC_Transport.zip?dl=1 Edited by hansen111
Updated v.1.0.1 information

Very nice addon. I like it. Been playing with HC nowadays. But yeah, HC not very popular here I think. Need more love from BIS

Very nice addon. I like it. Been playing with HC nowadays. But yeah, HC not very popular here I think. Need more love from BIS

Thanks, yes its strange that High Command is not getting the credit it deserves, its a gold mine. I was able to fly in 2 full rifle squads to take a position, set up a high command patrol of the area in the space of 5 minutes, and the groups in high command dont need micro management, they will fight on their own accord.

Edited by Hansen111

While you're at it, maybe you can fix the 'Cancel All waypoint'? Currently it cancel all waypoints but the AI group still moving as if the waypoint still exist. Basically I think the deleteWaypoint is broken. Here is the ticket in feedback tracker link:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19909

I think after the deleteWaypoint command, you can create new wp at the current position.

I upvoted your issue on feedback tracker, its also an annoying issue. The current fix that i know of is to create a new group, have the units join that new group, that will REALLY delete the waypoints - remember to delete the old Group also.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

does this addon work on a dedicated server??

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@hc_transport.png

@ Hansen111;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Thank you for the mirrors FoxHound and SonSalt6

---------- Post added at 12:44 ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 ----------

does this addon work on a dedicated server??

If you could test on dedi and provide feedback that would be great

Cause of vacation i cant test it before wednesday. But will give it try then on my dedicated server, and send feedback to you.

Ok so set up an MP session with myself and my normal online mate/opponent. Set up two HC modules so we both had a command team and two squads and 1 helo each. Mostly worked. I as the host got full functionality but Mate as client could direct his troops and chopper and when he gave a load command having selected a squad and a chopper, the squad went to the Helo's location but the Helo stayed in the high hover and didnt descend to land/hover. So partial success.

Second go. I had control with HC of my command team and two choppers. He had a squad. I could transport us both around the battlefield using the Land/Hover function and getting the mark using voice from him when his own squad was on board one Helo and of course I mounted mine on the other. With a bit of Map watching managed to get us both into a couple of interesting LZ's, takes a bit of patience and "fingerology" but definetly a useable tool. If only it would of functioned fully for both of us, Im guess its a global thing or needs me to add a command ? to get the transport to work in MP for each Commander.

Regardless a great Mod and makes Air Mobility ops much easier than before ! Thanks again

Drum: Great to see you drop a message here, i am a dedicated fan of your youtube channel and your Work.

Nickmow: Thanks for the feedback, im currently looking into the second version of the mod, adding MP functions and adding the ability to have have a HC Group board vehicles (as cargo) controlled by no one (empty) or controlled by none HC Groups.

Edited by Hansen111

Updates:

v.1.01 - Update to handle config changes introduced with "Firing from vehicles" - (Firing Cargo Seats is now turrets)

- Transport Load (6-1) now count cargo seats correctly

- Transport UnLoad (6-2) now unloading vehicle dont move off to old waypoints

- Crew Enter (6-3) now count cargo seats correctly

- Replaced KK_fnc_commonTurrets with allTurrets

- Replaced "deleteWaypoint [_x, all]" with "while {(count (waypoints _x)) > 0} do {deleteWaypoint ((waypoints _x) select 0)};" - (RPT ERROR LOG)

- Added HC_Transport_Version

I just tried this mod, liked it very much, but discovered a few bugs - and bam! there is an update. :) Isn't it awesome when it happens?

Thank you, mr. Hansen.

discovered a few bugs - and bam! there is an update. :) Isn't it awesome when it happens?

Yes lol, it should be like that with every game feature :-)

Updated mod v1.0.1 available at withSIX

Thanks for the mirror, was just about to PM You but you are way too fast :-)

Never seen this and it looks great. Agree that HC is neglected red headed stepchild of Arma fans as it really leads to fantastic large scale warfare

Never seen this and it looks great. Agree that HC is neglected red headed stepchild of Arma fans as it really leads to fantastic large scale warfare

Thanks man, im currently working on a HC_Transport showcase that will hopefully show how cool HC warfare can be.

Thanks for informing us about the update :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi Hansen, thanks for the awesome mod! Just wondering, could I use this in a mission in script format? 

Would it be possible to implement a "halt" command to this mod? I can't seem to find a way to make HC vehicles to stop in a good fashion.

Hi Hansen, thanks for the awesome mod! Just wondering, could I use this in a mission in script format? 

Sure, just leave a thanks note in your credits

DropBox Link Updated today:

- Moved High Command Transport Interface Activation To An Action (scroll-wheel)

- Action For Activating Interface Is Only Available When Player Is In High Command Mode (LEFT CONTROL + SPACE)