Sign in to follow this  
st!gar

Getting more men during depot raid of "Exit Strategy".

I have been playing a few missions into "Adapt", and generally been having a joyless, frustrated and horrid gameplay experience, throughout.

Anyhow.

I have reached the "Exit Strategy" -mission, and have opted for the "Depot Raid"-sub-mission. The defector informs the player that there is a large hostile garrison in the depot, and that the player will need more men. "You have some more teams in the area, right?", he asks.

I, of course, have zero, fucking idea of what he is talking about. The mission briefing mentioned nothing of the sort, and no in-game dialogue have made a sufficiently clear hint in that direction, either. The player starts out with two team members, but BIS had, of course, in their limitless, fucking wisdom, found it to make for a wonderful gameplay-experience to send a full APC with elite troops directly at the player within the first few seconds of the mission, meaning one or both of them were likely to get killed, instantly. (See my remark about a generally horrid and un-fun campaign experience, above.) When the player finds himself less than a minute into a mission, and has already had to revert to an earlier save at least ten times, you have to question the mission designer's competence.

So, to repeat myself - what the fuck was he talking about? Other teams in the area? Where? Who? How do I make use of them?

Please help. As you may have noticed, I'm extremely frustrated from my entire Adapt-campaign experience, thus far.

This is the the fuel truck correct? If you check your map you see the ORBAT groups on your side as well as your own. During Adapt you can usually go to their location and they will join your squad.

This is the the fuel truck correct? If you check your map you see the ORBAT groups on your side as well as your own. During Adapt you can usually go to their location and they will join your squad.

No, it's the mission where you meet with the AAF officer.

I'm not sure about the extra men, there is another unit marked on the map so you could try going to their position as suggested above.

EDIT: Also, general tip for Adapt, patience is key and always avoid a fight, because fight implies the other side has a chance to do something. If you attack a patrol, try to make sure they don't get a chance to return fire.

Reinforcements in this mission will join your group when approaching their marked positions.

Have a look on your map, you'll find two weapon caches and two positions of waiting teams marked on the map.

Just go nearby the teams and they will join you.

If needed, equip them with some stuff from the weapon caches.

Following this you will get a powerful team to defeat the enemy.