Sign in to follow this  
stephsen

Boring Ragdoll System (1.24)

Why reworked BI the good Ragdoll system ? no Flying Bodys ,no variety on death-fall Animation ! its so boring and awful.

Please reworked this BI !

Thanks

With AGM ragdolls are more affected by explosions, but it would be great to have something similair in vanilla, right now enemies just drop to the ground. There should be atleast some effect.

The biggest problem for me with the current system is that bodies tend to fall in ridiculously deformed positions.

Agreed.

The system just flips a switch and deactivates the doll which collapses into a contorted pile of limbs. Feet glued to the ground, the doll often falls in the same predictable pattern.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/538/7e0ed9.jpg (187 kB)

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/538/e1d827.jpg (227 kB)

I might suggest generating a small amount of impulse to push the model to get the ragdoll motion started. Better still would be to blend a few frames of traditional animation to setup the doll before releasing it to the physics system.

I'm fine with bodies flying in cases of large explosions, but dropping almost straight to ground is exactly what they should do when shot. It just shouldn't be so ... consistent.

I might suggest generating a small amount of impulse to push the model to get the ragdoll motion started. Better still would be to blend a few frames of traditional animation to setup the doll before releasing it to the physics system.

I saw in the video that the ragdolls would fall backwards even when shot in the back. Maybe have the game sense where the last shot came in and push opposite from that. Shot in the back = collapsing to the front.

Wasn't it more pronounced in 1.22? Then it got toned down after complaints to pre-update levels.

Or was it on devbranch? Things move so quickly I'm a bit lost on where I'm at when things happen.

I'm fine with bodies flying in cases of large explosions, but dropping almost straight to ground is exactly what they should do when shot. It just shouldn't be so ... consistent.

This.

It would be enough a little force on the bullet impact point to make it better. If the force will increase with the caliber even better.

Edit: Btw this is not a normal use case of the killing. On the battlefield the enemy not just stand like in the VR.

Edited by danczer

It would be enough a little force on the bullet impact point to make it better. If the force will increase with the caliber even better.

Edit: Btw this is not a normal use case of the killing. On the battlefield the enemy not just stand like in the VR.

You're right, the VR is a bad example. But it is very common in actual battle too that the enemy is standing or kneeling and shooting at you when you kill it. Especially with AI because they spot you instantly when you start shooting and return fire from standing or crouched position. And this folding over is always the result.

I don't think a bullet impact force is necessary, just a random nudge to a random part of the body would be enough. Or maybe a little rotation to torso. Or a randomly stiffening some joints so that the body doesn't crumble but more like tips over.

Ye it needs to be updated or at least improved , to be more like in RO2 (of course every ragdoll is glitchy and blends into mess sometimes)

to me, the best ragdolls ive seen in any game would be the ones from half life 2. and that game is like 10 years old.

Just wait a bit until the inertial system implemented in this game. :868::638::popup:

Just wait a bit until the inertial system implemented in this game. :868::638::popup:

Isn't the inertia system for weapon handling and has nothing to with ragdolls?

Isn't the inertia system for weapon handling and has nothing to with ragdolls?

I think you can change anything .... :436: :annoy:

Just wait a bit until the inertial system implemented in this game.

Not sure what you're expecting but I think you may be disappointed.

The 'inertial system' they are talking about is just to slow down your turn speed depending on stance and weapon weight.

I agree that even though its not entirely realistic, the ragdoll sim should be given an initial push in the direction of projectile impact where its power is relative to caliber.

I also think that soldiers within a large explosion (ie. satchel, HE, arty, etc) should vanish in a red cloud

There should be a push to the ragdoll outside the vaporisation zone which is relative to distance.

At the moment the effect of explosions on ragdolls is very small.

I also think that soldiers within a large explosion (ie. satchel, HE, arty, etc) should vanish in a red cloud

There should be a push to the ragdoll outside the vaporisation zone which is relative to distance.

At the moment the effect of explosions on ragdolls is very small.

You tried to this effect was activated when inertia in dev branch?

You tried to this effect was activated when inertia in dev branch?

Sorry I don't understand

I am using stable branch at the moment. Are you saying they have changed it in Dev because as far as I know its not in there yet either.

Variety yes - Hollywood No.

when we speak from variety then are we talking about actually not more from Ragdoll i think its sad but true.

Ragdoll physic responds to external environmental influences with a Puppet Physic,but what we have now is not really ragdoll,

it is trimmed extremely.

When explodes a bomb actual in Arma3 with 1.24 and the guys stand away 5 meters from the explosion point and fell in on itself upon detonation then ist this simply ridiculous.

@ Das Attorney ...What do you mean with "no Hollywood" extremly flyin bodys like the Ragdoll mod from Opticalsnare ?

Agree that the ragdolling is pretty poor at the moment. Identically falling is not interesting at all.

We'll eventually get those darn ragdoll scripting commands (hopefully...).

We'll eventually get those darn ragdoll scripting commands (hopefully...).

really ? God I pray for this , thx for your outstanding ragdoll'd mod zooloo :notworthy:

To be understood, explosions affect the body when activated inertia.

Explosions throw the bodies into the air. = Enable inertia

Explosions not throw the bodies into the air. = Off inertia

Sorry I do not speak englis and use google translator

Edited by Metralla

To be understood, explosions affect the body when activated inertia.

Explosions throw the bodies into the air. = Enable inertia

Explosions not throw the bodies into the air. = Off inertia

Sorry I do not speak englis and use google translator

Inertia system in Arma 3 will have nothing to do with ragdolls.