Sign in to follow this  
_roberto_

Wilhelm Scream

Hey Guys

Is it possible to bring the Wilhelm Scream in to Arma 3 ?

It would be very funny when somebody is dying ingame and then this famous sound appears :bounce3:

Here a video for all these people how don't now what the Wilhelm Scream is.

Is it possible? Yes.

Would it be a good addition to the game? No.

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED? LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO!

I mostly made this as a proof of concept just for practice.

You need the Wilhelm Scream as .ogg and saved as wilhelmscream.ogg in a sounds folder in your mission root folder. Then add the following to a unit's init:

this addEventHandler ["killed", {_soundPath = [(str missionConfigFile), 0, -15] call BIS_fnc_trimString; _soundToPlay = _soundPath + "sounds\wilhelmscream.ogg"; playSound3D [_soundToPlay, (_this select 0), false, getPos (_this select 0), 10, 1, 50]}];

Have fun.

You need the Wilhelm Scream as .ogg and saved as wilhelmscream.ogg in a sounds folder in your mission root folder. Then add the following to a unit's init:

this addEventHandler ["killed", {_soundPath = [(str missionConfigFile), 0, -15] call BIS_fnc_trimString; _soundToPlay = _soundPath + "sounds\wilhelmscream.ogg"; playSound3D [_soundToPlay, (_this select 0), false, getPos (_this select 0), 10, 1, 50]}];

Have fun.

You are an evil man.

My 6 and 8 year old kids love listening out for the Wilhelm scream since I told them that there's pretty much one in every movie (or more if it's from George Lucas). If I installed L3TUC3's idea I'd never be able to play in peace!

Have fun.

Thank You !

OH GOD, I TURNED INTO A MADMAN! WHY CAN'T I STOP?

100 internet points to the first one who can identify these.

I slightly altered the script to add a bit of randomization to the death screams. Cheesy, but effective.

this addEventHandler ["killed", {_soundPath = [(str missionConfigFile), 0, -15] call BIS_fnc_trimString; _randscream = ["sounds\wilhelmscream.ogg","sounds\deathscream1.ogg","sounds\deathscream3.ogg","sounds\deathscream4.ogg","sounds\deathscream5.ogg"];_soundToPlay = _soundPath + (_randscream call BIS_fnc_selectRandom); playSound3D [_soundToPlay, (_this select 0), false, getPos (_this select 0), 10, 1, 50];}];

Edited by L3TUC3

I slightly altered the script to add a bit of randomization to the death screams. Cheesy, but effective.

this addEventHandler ["killed", {_soundPath = [(str missionConfigFile), 0, -15] call BIS_fnc_trimString; _randscream = ["sounds\wilhelmscream.ogg","sounds\deathscream1.ogg","sounds\deathscream3.ogg","sounds\deathscream4.ogg","sounds\deathscream5.ogg"];_soundToPlay = _soundPath + (_randscream call BIS_fnc_selectRandom); playSound3D [_soundToPlay, (_this select 0), false, getPos (_this select 0), 10, 1, 50];}];

I'm sorry for what i've done to you..

The one in the teal striped shirt was the best. :popcornsmilie:

C&C 95 death screams? :D

(If not, I've been wondering, what are the actual screams called?)

Haha goddamnit when I saw this thread I was thinking of doing the same with with the cnc death sounds

C&C 95 death screams? :D

(If not, I've been wondering, what are the actual screams called?)

100 points to Nightmare515.

No clue, I just call them deathscreams. Afaik they're stock sounds like the Wilhelm scream.