Sign in to follow this  
st!gar

"Rising Tensions"-mission in Bootcamp campaign broken.

[Very, very, very mild spoilers, below.]

The player's fireteam has just been let off the chopper, and has fought its way up to the ambushed convoy. The area is cleared, and team has been ordered to "secure the convoy".

Nothing happens.

The team leader yells "We've got wounded, over here!", runs up to a wounded AAF-trooper resting against the side of a vehicle, and just squats silently in front of him for the duration. The two other soldiers take up various positions about the site and also just sit there. The player has been given no objective, no information and no orders.

I have wandered all about the place; up to the corpses, up to the team leader, tried healing the wounded AAF-soldier with my Medikit and even seen if I could board the damn vehicles, just to try and trigger the next script. I have reverted to previous autosaves, and even re-started the entire mission from scratch several times, but no dice. The mission simply remains broken.

Might want to fix this, quite soon?

Do you play with mods?

Might want to fix this, quite soon?

Thanks for the post. This should have only affected development branch but, yes, it's unfortunate and it's definitely something we wanted to fix quickly. So quickly, in fact, it should have been addressed this afternoon.

Best,

RiE

Thanks for the post. This should have only affected development branch but, yes, it's unfortunate and it's definitely something we wanted to fix quickly. So quickly, in fact, it should have been addressed this afternoon.

Best,

RiE

I tried the mission again, after the game had been patched, and it's working.

Hello! I finally got around to trying the Bootcamp and I had a similar problem with this mission. Is my commanding officer meant to survive the fight at the convoy? He gets shot first when we run into the FIA, and though I manage to "secure the convoy", the mission just hangs there without any new tasks or scripted events.

Thanks in advance!

He shouldn't, I'm fairly sure he should be set to invincible.

:O Hmmm ... damn, then why does he die in my game? My character assumes command when he goes down.

Probably some mods.

Solved in my case by becoming a human shield, heh. My only mod was VTS Weapon Resting and CBA. Maybe CBA was to blame? Didn't actually go back and try since the scenario was complete. Thanks for the replies!

Solved in my case by becoming a human shield, heh. My only mod was VTS Weapon Resting and CBA. Maybe CBA was to blame? Didn't actually go back and try since the scenario was complete. Thanks for the replies!

From my experience CBA is quite an intrusive mod. Tends to create problems both with official and non official missions.