Sign in to follow this  
Chairborne

Arma 2 PKM/Pecheneg Port

6045ce.png

7b865f.png

I'm releasing a quick port of the PKM and PKP.

I don't think i'm going to do any other modifications unless something gets broken or stats don't fit the game.

Known Problems:

None.

If you find any please let me know.

Credits

BIS - Original Arma 2 sample model

Chairborne - Port, config, etc...

DISCLAIMER

For personal use only. Do not edit without permission. I claim no responsibility for any damages this addon may cause, use at your own risk.

Released under Arma Public License - read here for more information: http://www.bistudio.com/community/licenses/arma-public-license

Changelog

V0.1 - 20/07/2014

- Initial Release

V0.2 - 21/07/2014

-Increased reload animation

-Changed white tracer bullets with green ones

-Added full tracer belt

-Added signature file and key

V0.3 - 23/07/2014

-Correct magazine icon

V0.4 - 05/08/2014

-Changed muzzle flash

-Added muzzle flash rotation

V0.5 - 13/08/2014

-Tweaked recoil

DL link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oa263w8c0rjsu2g/%40Cha_PKP.rar

Edited by Chairborne

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank you for the release, but could you increase the recoil for both weapons? I think its not enough in the current version. And is it possible to increase the reload time?

Not enough recoil?!

I thought it was too much already lol. ;)

For the reload time i'll fix that in the next release.

I will try it again without any other mods, maybe the AGM or TMR recoil does something stupid with it.

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

The recoil in prone postion should be increased slightly, the recoil while standing is enough but i wouldnt mind if it would be increased cause its a fckn heavy gun. But i love the gun ^^ good old arma 2 times with this beast.

New mod v0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@cha_pkp.png

@ Chairborne;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44DtcX8DciA&feature=youtu.be

A short vid i recorded last night, this is of course from arma 2 but i always liked how the pkm was a beast to control if you dont deploy a bipod or go prone.

Map: Schwemlitz + i think the winter effects of thirsk island

Edited by Znooptokkie

What map was that on?

Looks nice but I don't recognize it. :cool:

Also yeah the PKM felt nice in ACE, but remember, if you use this mod with nothing else, you wont be deploying any bipods.

So you have to kind of get a good balance.

Made a quick update:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oa263w8c0rjsu2g/%40Cha_PKP.rar

V0.2 - 21/07/2014

-Increased reload animation

-Changed white tracer bullets with green ones

-Added full tracer belt

-Added signature file and key

Reloading went from a stunning 1 second to a more human 3 seconds. ;)

Animations looked fine during testing but if there's any problem please let me know.

Wow, these look awesome. Please tell me you're going to do a full line of Arma 2 Russian weapon ports, like the AKs, like you did these. That would be so pleasing.

There are already many mods with AKs, i don't think there's any weapon that hasn't been ported already, except for the PKM.

I'll take a look when i'm in the right mood. ;)

Love the PKMs and sound great also and Recoil is perfect while laying down but i really really hate the recoil when standing up ... not sure if its the Terrible arma3 update or the weapon... If there was alot less recoil standing up this would be even more flawless. Keep up the good work man. If you are gonna port any other weapons let me us know : )

Thanks for sending us the updated release :cool:

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Love the PKMs and sound great also and Recoil is perfect while laying down but i really really hate the recoil when standing up ... not sure if its the Terrible arma3 update or the weapon... If there was alot less recoil standing up this would be even more flawless. Keep up the good work man. If you are gonna port any other weapons let me us know : )

Do i get it right? You want less recoil while standing? Thats an MG with calibre 7.62 with a weight of 7.5 kg + the ammo belt plus case.

Watch this video and look how the gun behaves while the guy is shooting from the hip.

Edited by Znooptokkie

Ah i forgot to say that bohemia messed up the recoil pretty good (:fasttalkin:) a few patches ago. Maybe thats the problem i have with the recoil of your gun. Or did they fixed the crazy jumps the weapons did in full auto instead of giving feedback after every round? Had the feeling that the recoil just apears after about three round in full auto.

Edited by Znooptokkie

ya the arma 3 update recoil really fucked up the game any weapon u use now is terrible standing up. Nice to have pretty much no recoil to balance out the shitty arma sway when u shoot standing

Before releasing the mod i tried the recoil values of the M249 but it felt like cheating. It really had almost no recoil and destroyed everything in its path.

Now i think it's adequate, enough to put 3 round bursts within one meter at 200m but becomes unmanageable beyond that if you're not laying prone.

However sometimes the recoil feels clunky, shooting one bullet at a time the weapon seems to move in an unnatural way.

I don't know if it's because of BIS messing with the recoil system or something wrong in the values i used.

However i'll make another update to add proper UI icons to the magazines when i'm done with other projects.

Thanks for sending us the updated release :cool:

Another quality port, thank you very much Chairborne. May I ask why the reload was limited to 3 seconds? It seems like it would be even more natural if it was longer?

It wasn't limited but rather raised.

When i first ported it, it would reload in 1 second flat.

3 seconds is more in line with other mods and standard BIS weapons.

I thought it could be modified simply by changing some value in the config but instead i have to go in the model cfg and change several bits every time.

Update 05/08/2014

Small update, added the new aesthetically pleasing and rather useless rotating muzzle animation from A3.

Also changed the muzzle flash from the previous tiny one to a bigger one.

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oa263w8c0rjsu2g/%40Cha_PKP.rar

Edited by Chairborne