Sign in to follow this  
reyhard

A2 Island Fixes

Seems like the street lamp is not working, isn't this addons should be with A3MP pbo?

and i can't find A3MP_Builds_Data when i try to replace them with your pbo files. is it A3MP_Buildings_Data or A3MP_Buildings2_Data this?

Edited by kgino1045

Nice fixes. Seems that some lamps do not light up . Other seems extremely bright, any chance to dim the lights a little. They all look like high powered spot lights rather than your typical crappy street lamps

@ Phronk - I'm pretty busy right now. As EvroMalarkey and others spotted, RDS_Surface fix has broken signature as I updated that file with cpbo and forget to sign it again. Now it's binarized and signed so it shouldn't cause any troubles now.

http://reyhard.armacenter.pl/arma3/surface_hotfix.rar

@soldierman - are you using a2 lighting fix?

@kgino104 - yeah, that's correct

currently AiA compatibility is broken, I'm not sure why but I will try to fix later. Right now I'm experimenting with ponds. Beside that, I managed to fix with tree bug on Bystrica (someone left last res lod with some wip stuff - quite common bug :P) and some indestructible open able fences.

Yes i am , however i had they haven't seemed to change the brightness of the street lamps

Known Issues

- Artificial lights are extremely bright at night.

quote from a2 light fixes thread

Thank you so much !!

One quick question: on FATA, the lights are really bright ( cf: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/45351778319656600/86B29C3E920FBB5411EFF6A8E21BA6D732CEA0E3/ ).

Is that normal ? Is there a way to darken them a little bit ?

Yeah I've noticed. I mean they look great, but my issues come with NVG's. Even with no moon in dead of night, the moment NVG's go on and I look into the villages everything gets pretty whited out from the brightness. Even tried AGM's nvg adjustment, but that doesn't help at all. I thought it was my tweaked NVG script but even vanilla NVG's I get the same thing. At least, until I shoot out every lamp I can spot from afar, heh. But other than that, it's pretty nice. :D

Getting some odd errors in the RPS

Placement slopelandcontact failed on model ca\misc\sidewalks\sidewalkcorner.p3d. Missing landcontact or no points in it.

Placement slopelandcontact failed on model ca\misc\sidewalks\sidewalkcorner.p3d. Missing landcontact or no points in it.

Placement slopelandcontact failed on model ca\misc\sidewalks\sidewalkcrossingt.p3d. Missing landcontact or no points in it.

Warning: Unsupported UVSet 2

SimulWeather - Cloud Renderer - noise texture file is not specified!

LODShape::AddLoadHandler: Handler not present in shape [a3\weapons_f\empty.p3d]

Not sure if any of those are familiar ?

We had this right before two Server crashes - very odd

SJ

In reference to the above issue "Placement slopelandcontact failed on model ca\misc\sidewalks\sidewalkcorner.p3d. Missing landcontact or no points in it." it seems to referencing a p3d located in the rds_utils2.pbo. As i am not a modeler i am not sure what "missing landcontact" is or how to fix it.

Kind regards

@ serjames & Nemiuk: it's already fixed

Okay, fixed most of the current reported issues and:

*openable gates were immune to tanks treads however they could be destroyed by firing some shells at them

*rpts pavement errors

I'm thinking about removing remaining ponds from PMC dlc & OA so 3rd party maps shouldn't have waterline bug.

https://mega.co.nz/#!R9EyWBjb!MgPwklPybqMxU1nRb-6tUX8RxcB5GFDM-AiXbSwjp-w

changes in 1.2

*fixed keys

*fixed missing landcontact thing

*fixed indestructible gates

*removed ponds from pmc (fata should work now)

*added some missing penetration materials (still whola lot to make)

*bystrica white tree bug

known issues:

white t34 monument (forget to put folder containg t34 texture - bad tex link after binarization)

brick walls near monumet falls like trees

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

The green metal fences in Bystrica (and i'm sure in Chernarus as well) are still impenetrable to bullets.

Thank you for this mod though! ;)

The green metal fences in Bystrica (and i'm sure in Chernarus as well) are still impenetrable to bullets.

Thank you for this mod though! ;)

Can you make photo of it? It would be easier for me to locate it & fix

I'll have to make a correction on that.

Bullets do penetrate but they behave like they hit a solid armor plate like an armored vehicle.

At shallow angles even .50cal bullets deviate or outright ricochet like crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOHsTrv6z8s

edit: also, they don't just behave like armor plates but also have the same sounds when hit, as seen in the video.

Edited by Chairborne

Thanks Reyhard... quick turnaround on fixes as ever...

SJ

Reyhard nice job!

Can you make the mid-range texture on A3MP to be like the original one?

Not sure if it's been reported yet, but I found a couple issues.

First one is that many of the mid east city structures let vehicles clip through the floors.

Example: arma2mapfix_Error.jpg

Second one is the three lamp street lights in Chernarus and it's smaller copies.

Example: Don't have an image of this one. To reproduce, go hang out in Berezino's monument square.

When viewing from one angle, it looks perfect. When viewing from the opposite angle, a large orange orb of light floats half way down the pole and off center. Very jarring.

On Zargabad i get this error message when looking at the dam on the map or when getting withing viewdistance , this only happens with the mod enabled

DgMfRmq.png

Great job,Thanks

Please fix the sky and stars at night in few maps, Bystrica Bukovina clafgan etc :p

@ TheCapulet - thanks for the report, I will try to add some geo/physx lod to fix that issue. As for lights, it seems that there is some kind of light limit that

@Niklas - yeah, I was experimenting with ponds and forget to put back those files

@ Thor632 - I was thinking about some improvement in night lighting (i.e. pitch black on takistan during night without moon) but that project is not kind of priority - I add things if I have some nice idea how to implement things nice and quickly

@Chairborne - I added metal material to that in 1.2 update and that is why bullets behave that way. however, as all other fences where without any kind of fire geo in that part, I may delete entire fire geo part of that or maybe find some more less deflecting material for that

can you please confirm that we are able to rename the pbo files from rds_ to a3mp_ and overwrite the original? thanks

Shouldn't be a problem, .pbo files are loaded whatever their names is

Reyhard, Could you fix sound sourface ground in both thirks??

So I'm using this mod along with the A3MP-AP and a few maps from Arma 2 (Fallujah, Podagarsk, etc), and I'm not sure what the load order should be for everything to work properly. Is it A3MP, then any ARMA 2 maps, then A3MP-AP, and then this mod? Are there any conflicts between this mod and A3MP-AP?

Hey does anyone know how to fix the texture displacement of satmaps and in game ground textures on maps such as Napf, Sahrani and namalsk ect? Its really hard to land when the runway is 200 feet to the left when im coming in. Appreciate any help.

Cheers