Sign in to follow this  
dsop-apache

dont wanna use steam

Hi,

I play this from almost day 1 , operation flashpoint and up to arma2 OA , I hate steam and i never could understand why we are forced to use more third party shite and have to depend on that shite .

So my questions are .

Do we need to upgrade ? i dont think so if its only for the freaking addons and files to update , i was trusting the community would take care about this because this community took this game way beyond from were the basics stopped.

Any usefull info would be nice , I dont wanna use steam i even consider to stop with playing arma and its not something i look forwards to because i freak about in this for many years now .

Greets from the Netherlands .

Dude.... why do you hate Steam? What reason would you have for that anyway?

For me it is a great program where all of my games are in one place and where I can launch them from, join friends, see what friends are playing, chat with them, etc. etc. Just with one program. Why would anyone hate that?

Dont understand that resent people have towards steam.

it gives so much, and takes almost nothing.

it gives you:

-nice lucid library where you have all your games

-automatical updates of the games

-ingame comunity functions like chat and woicechat

-option to share your game with friends without need to actually bringing the CD to them

-keeps you noticed about new games and updates

-most important, it has steam sales and deals where you can by games realy cheap.

and even if not on sale they are cheaper than boxed versions at least in my experience with our local game store.

It costs:

-nothing

Have to say I really like steam, the first time I used it was with Arma 3 and it's been a pretty sweet experience so far, great access to games that I would never be able to buy in store and all the benefits listed above.

Any usefull info would be nice , I dont wanna use steam i even consider to stop with playing arma and its not something i look forwards to because i freak about in this for many years now .

Greets from the Netherlands .

without getting into steam vs NO steam argument:

there are no other options here: NO steam = NO Arma3. Simple as that