Sign in to follow this  
mr. bravo

Still same deadline for Addon category?

Hey guys, I have a question for BIS, and would also like to hear what others think about it as well.

Seeing the Addon-category finally open on the MANW-site, it kind of feels like the real kick-off in this category is right now. Sure we've still had like 6 months to work on our projects, and the ability to post it here on the forums instead of the site. But somehow this forum is not the same thing, and the lack of a proper MANW-presentation (Or updates about when it would be possible), visible competition, and "supporters", has been quite hurting on the morale these last couple of months (Activity on various projects/teams). It is after all quite a lot of peoples spare time that goes into this kind of work, which in the long run cant be justified just with a prize that may or may not be won at the end of the year. The real driving factor, and a huge part of the fun, is presenting/following the progress of developing, fighting the competition, getting feedback, and seeing that supporter-counter ticking more and more as you post more updates and put more time into your project. That's the experience many of us really want and expected much earlier, which we can see in the other categories that have been open for some time now. And I'm not saying this because that's just how I feel, but because it has been discussed quite a bit outside of this forum amongst a number of modders lately that are or have been planning on participating in this category. I'm just throwing out the question here!

So to the point, what I keep hearing, and what I personally wonder as well, is if the deadline for at least the Addon category could possibly be pushed another month or two? (November/December).

This partly due to the late possibility to present your project on the MANW-site (2 months later than expected), but also for the sake of having a proper and exciting competition that we can all enjoy as much as we've enjoyed the progress seen in other categories so far. I believe that this would make the contest in this category a lot more fun for everyone, and hopefully much more of an experience rather than just a hunt for the ultimate prize. It would also give new participants a greater possibility to finish their projects in time, giving others the chance to catch up from after their vacations, and in the end just more for the mod-community. Because let's be honest, the PR for this contest hasn't been very active since the announcement, which is just crazy considering the prizes :p I expected more on that part.

Presentation is apparently part of what the judges will look at in the end as well, so that makes this even more important to get right.

Throw in your thoughts on the subject, if this sounds fair or not. A word or two from BIS would be much appreciated. I can't say that I expect the deadline to change, but one has to at least ask, right? :)

Also, an exact date would be much appreciated to know sooner rather than later. Because I know at least I will have to take a couple of days off from work for final touches on things before packing it up and sending it in! Can't do that within less than a month, and that's probably not just me.

Cheers!

Agreed. The addon submission feature was released way too late into the contest, leaving us little time to prepare. Not to mention the mess that goes along with the SWS.

Seeing the Addon-category finally open on the MANW-site, it kind of feels like the real kick-off in this category is right now. Sure we've still had like 6 months to work on our projects, and the ability to post it here on the forums instead of the site. But somehow this forum is not the same thing, and the lack of a proper MANW-presentation (Or updates about when it would be possible), visible competition, and "supporters", has been quite hurting on the morale these last couple of months (Activity on various projects/teams). It is after all quite a lot of peoples spare time that goes into this kind of work, which in the long run cant be justified just with a prize that may or may not be won at the end of the year

The real kick off was many months ago. And if you cant bring yourself to work on your mod because it is not on steam and people cheer for it then it is pure laziness. Also I think you underestimated the time needed and the amount of work possible in that time frame and now you complain about having too little time.

I dont mean to be mean, but if there is a few thousand of € dangling in front of us all you should cat up and work faster or scale down your project. This is a contest about money, and effort. And effort is physically defined with (EFFORT = work/time). Also pushing the date back would be screwing over those modders that did plan ahead and started working early.

There is serious € involded in this contest and as they say may the best one win. If you can not handle working for months for something you might or might not get paid for then someone else will be able to do it and grab the prize. It is very simple. The contest has a deadline and a huge cash prize. And those that put in the most quality work and volume are going to get it.

e

The real kick off was many months ago. And if you cant bring yourself to work on your mod because it is not on steam and people cheer for it then it is pure laziness. Also I think you underestimated the time needed and the amount of work possible in that time frame and now you complain about having too little time.

I dont mean to be mean, but if there is a few thousand of € dangling in front of us all you should cat up and work faster or scale down your project. This is a contest about money, and effort. And effort is physically defined with (EFFORT = work/time). Also pushing the date back would be screwing over those modders that did plan ahead and started working early.

There is serious € involded in this contest and as they say may the best one win. If you can not handle working for months for something you might or might not get paid for then someone else will be able to do it and grab the prize. It is very simple. The contest has a deadline and a huge cash prize. And those that put in the most quality work and volume are going to get it.

Exactly the kind of response I expected to pop up here sooner or later, and probably the reason why more people doesn't even dare to join the discussion :raisebrow: (You know who you are)

You didn't understand what I said though. I'm not really complaining about anything, I'm just politely asking if there's any chance that BIS might consider extending the Addon deadline in order to have a more interesting competition on the MANW-site, and what other participants think of it. Something of a compensation for the 2 month delay on their site, which is a pretty big part of the contest. But you're criticizing me and my project that I really haven't spoken a word of? That's off topic and unnecessary.

What I meant with "low morale" was that even if work has been done ever since last christmas, it hasn't been as fun as expected due to us not being able to use the site until now, not necessarily referring to lazyness and not getting anything done at all (Which of course might still be the case for some). Of course this affects you and your mates performance even if you're working on the project every day. If you're hyped about it you naturally work much more efficiently.

But sure you can be all serious-faced about how you think it is all about the money, but I don't agree with that. I like a good competition, even if I don't win anything. I see this in the other categories, which makes me a bit jelous since there is still 0 entries in the Addon category. I'm afraid that we might not have enough time to reach that level of competitiveness with the current deadline. And as I mentioned, I know I'm not the only one thinking this, which is why I felt that this thread had to be created.

Also, I don't believe that a later deadline would screw anyone that started working on their projects early. I'd rather consider it a bonus to be able to spend some extra time on fine-tuning and a bigger presentation for more hype. Personally I actually spent days on content for a flashy presentation back in May, but since the site didn't open until now (Without notice) it is all now outdated and a complete waste of time. I'm not mad about it though, but I still have to find the time to re-do this again, hopefully later this week :suspect: Oh the work I could've done with my models and textures during that time instead! :p

[quote name=Mr. Bravo;2736872

You didn't understand what I said though. I'm not really complaining about anything' date=' I'm just politely asking if there's any chance that BIS might consider extending the Addon deadline in order to have a more interesting competition on the MANW-site, and what other participants think of it.

If you ask me, it would be very unprofessional on the organizer to delay a deadline that was announced almost 1 year ago. A deadline is a deadline. People have created schedules and workflows based on that particular deadline. Prolonging it some more that close to it would be a bit absurd. Someone could say it is favoritism towards one or another mod (IE: BI knows mod A is unable to finish by date B, so they delay the submission until date C, when they know mod A is gonna be finished).

This is my 2cents anyways

Something of a compensation for the 2 month delay on their site, which is a pretty big part of the contest. But you're criticizing me and my project that I really haven't spoken a word of? That's off topic and unnecessary.

Is it now? How so?

What I meant with "low morale" was that even if work has been done ever since last christmas, it hasn't been as fun as expected due to us not being able to use the site until now, not necessarily referring to lazyness and not getting anything done at all (Which of course might still be the case for some).

What would have been the advantages if you'd be able to use the site you mentioned, say 3 months ago? What would have changed in your workflow?

So the work wasn't as "fun" only because of not being able to use the site? That seems a bit far fetched, especially since i really don't understand the relation between a site and the fun associated with working on a mod. If appreciation is what you were looking for, you could have created a thread here, couldn't you?

Of course this affects you and your mates performance even if you're working on the project every day. If you're hyped about it you naturally work much more efficiently.

I'm sorry mate, i really don't get what you're trying to say here. Care to reformulate?

But sure you can be all serious-faced about how you think it is all about the money, but I don't agree with that. I like a good competition, even if I don't win anything.

Then what has a site has to do with anything?

I'm afraid that we might not have enough time to reach that level of competitiveness with the current deadline. And as I mentioned, I know I'm not the only one thinking this, which is why I felt that this thread had to be created.

I again don't see the relation between one and another. As in what does one site has to do with anything. If by the end of the competition deadline there is no entry, so be it. That would show something on its own.

Also, I don't believe that a later deadline would screw anyone that started working on their projects early. I'd rather consider it a bonus to be able to spend some extra time on fine-tuning and a bigger presentation for more hype.

Yes it would. See my reply to the first paragraph

Personally I actually spent days on content for a flashy presentation back in May, but since the site didn't open until now (Without notice) it is all now outdated and a complete waste of time. I'm not mad about it though, but I still have to find the time to re-do this again, hopefully later this week :suspect: Oh the work I could've done with my models and textures during that time instead! :p

That is time called time management.

I also don't see hype at play here, since, at least for the category you are competing in, there is a jury that is making the calls, not the community. Correct me if i'm wrong...

I also agree this deserves a more mature discussion. TDLR: i don't see the relation between a site and motivation.

The only legitimate reason for a delay would be to give people time to deal with all the errors and issues that have popped up in the last couple patches, and in the last bunch of tools releases. The site doesn't mean diddly squat, they announced the deadline, there isn't going to be a big public competition/race/thing that you want because the vast majority of the mod teams, including yours, apparently, are working in silence leading up to the submission deadline. Once the deadline is reached, then people vote, then the judges judge, and that's that.

If you ask me, it would be very unprofessional on the organizer to delay a deadline that was announced almost 1 year ago. A deadline is a deadline. People have created schedules and workflows based on that particular deadline. Prolonging it some more that close to it would be a bit absurd. Someone could say it is favoritism towards one or another mod (IE: BI knows mod A is unable to finish by date B, so they delay the submission until date C, when they know mod A is gonna be finished).

This is my 2cents anyways

Well, everything else about the contest so far have been delayed :p Why they would even start/announce the contest before they even have a fully working site for it, the possibility to sign up, and working Steam Workshop support for the game beats me. If it was to look professional in that sense then the whole thing should've been pushed at least 6 months before the announcement to begin with.

And again, I'm not really asking for a pushed deadline because some projects might need more time for development, but for the sake of having a more fun contest, and being able to use the tools provided by BIS for presenting our projects as intended.

Is it now? How so?

Because according to the information available on the site, they are partly judging projects on their presentation, which at least I interpret as the presentation we create on either the MANW-site or Steam Workshop. Ultimately a fun way for us to use the various flashy tools BIS has provided for A3 where we can create professionally looking videos and screenshots, or whatever. And also, of course, a way for the community to follow and support the various projects that choose not to develop in the dark.

What would have been the advantages if you'd be able to use the site you mentioned, say 3 months ago? What would have changed in your workflow?

So the work wasn't as "fun" only because of not being able to use the site? That seems a bit far fetched, especially since i really don't understand the relation between a site and the fun associated with working on a mod. If appreciation is what you were looking for, you could have created a thread here, couldn't you?

Well, first of all, the presentation I put quite some time on doing for the site back in May (When the Addon category was supposed to open) wouldn't have been a waste of time and effort, which I now will have to sacrifice a few more days of sparetime on creating again instead of working on things I originally planned for. But I'm not really talking about advantages/disadvantages here, but still about presentation, communication and just the ability use the tools that were intended to be used for the contest.

And yes, we have always had the possibility to simply create a thread here on the forum instead, but as I mentioned it is not quite the same thing due to the functionality and spotlight that the site offers. The forum would however of course still be a good complement to the original presentation.

I'm sorry mate, i really don't get what you're trying to say here. Care to reformulate?

Not sure how I could say it any more clearer. But okay, I guess there are some people around that aren't affected by hype, but not anyone I know about though :p I guess you could compare it to ups and downs in your workflow. When things are going good, you're on fire and just tends to work nonstop until your eyes bleed, which often leads to faster progress than anticipated/planned. When things go bad, you might get hung up on details or having to take a break to clear your mind, or whatever, which ultimately tends to slow down your project. Or, maybe you're not affected by that either? :p

In practically all projects I've been working on this is kind of how external hype affects my project as well. It's those moments when you might think; "I should go to work now, but ah screw it, I'll just sit here and put another half hour into this and then take the car instead", or "I should go visit my grandmothers birthday today, but ah screw it, I'll sit here and put a few more hours into this and congratulate her on the phone instead with some coughing and snoring sounds". That's progress you're not really planning for, but which hype can lead to, for some people at least.

Then what has a site has to do with anything?

I don't know if I understand that question right. The site is where the competition takes place, where we fight for spotlight and supporters, and where we link early releases if we want. That's a huge part of the fun in the contest for many, and usually how it is done in other contests, and also the whole point of the site obviously. But sure, if you don't enjoy that part you can stay silent if you want, and just focus on the prize instead of what's happening around you.

I again don't see the relation between one and another. As in what does one site has to do with anything. If by the end of the competition deadline there is no entry, so be it. That would show something on its own.

See answer above.

Yes it would. See my reply to the first paragraph

We dont even know the exact date yet man (Unless I've missed something). If one has planned his 9 months of development to be done on the 1st of October, would it be absurd and shocking if the deadline turned out to be on the 31st? :p Well then you would be a very sensitive person, and probably a bit crazy for having such a crazy plan to begin with. Planning and workflow rarely goes as intended, especially not over such a long time. More ideas will pop up, you will learn more tricks and techniques, BIS opens more possibilities with the game and releases more/better tools, you realize/find unexpected engine limitations, etc. I can't imagine that anyones project is still the exact same on paper as it was 7 months ago, and in the end this often leads to various compromises in order to still meet the deadline. I really doubt anyone would complain about another month or two, even if they have something more or less finished to send in on October the 1st.

That is time called time management.

I also don't see hype at play here, since, at least for the category you are competing in, there is a jury that is making the calls, not the community. Correct me if i'm wrong...

More like a bad call by me to trust an expected date from BIS. I was probably a bit too enthusiastic about the news at that time and wanted to be amongst the first presented projects in the Addon-category on the site. Lesson learned.

And about the hype, I believe I've already answered that. It seems like we're not in this for all the same reasons. It's kind of like I prefer to enjoy the football-game while you're satisfied enough by checking the end scores on your phone, if you know what I mean :cheers: But don't get me wrong, I still respect that.

To bring a good example to the thread, I recommend you to check out the

-contest that recently ended for the upcoming game Star Citizen. That's a great example of how to involve everyone and keep it interesting for months. Still not exactly what I expected in this contest though, but just an example.
The only legitimate reason for a delay would be to give people time to deal with all the errors and issues that have popped up in the last couple patches, and in the last bunch of tools releases. The site doesn't mean diddly squat, they announced the deadline, there isn't going to be a big public competition/race/thing that you want because the vast majority of the mod teams, including yours, apparently, are working in silence leading up to the submission deadline. Once the deadline is reached, then people vote, then the judges judge, and that's that.

That's a pretty good reason too actually, but still not the kind of reason to why I'm asking for a new deadline here (I'm not explaining this again).

If the site doesn't mean anything to you, then fine, good luck and have fun. But it is still there for a reason, and considering its existence and various other announcements and adding by BIS lately, I believe their intentions was most definitely to have something of a public competition/race/whatever. The whole thing was probably just announced way too early before everything was in place and available. Otherwise the site would indeed be pointless, and the contest would be the most boring one ever.

The reason to why I haven't presented my project yet, is because it hasn't been properly possible until last week. And last weeks opening of the Addon Category was completely unexpected, to my knowledge at least, so there isn't much of an up-to-date presentation prepared, and I've been unable to work on this until tomorrow. And I know I'm not alone in this matter.

I haven't been working in secrecy though, as I've shared some progress (title-less) on various social sites, but not this one (For reasons I'd rather not bring up in this thread).

TLDR; Shame on you! Read it, or read my first post again, because this thread doesn't need more off topic. I am NOT saying the deadline should be pushed because I or anyone else need more time to work on our projects. It's about giving the Addon category a chance of becoming a better and more exiting contest/experience due to the late possibility of creating presentations on the MANW-site.

The votes have zero influence on the outcome for addons.

The presentation on the MAWN site probably also has nil - if it does, you still have plenty of time for it.

Everyone had the same conditions (unless you are wise and use better tools instead).

Read the rules here:

http://makearmanotwar.com/rules#evalutaion-of-the-entries-and-selection-of-winners

Well, everything else about the contest so far have been delayed :p Why they would even start/announce the contest before they even have a fully working site for it, the possibility to sign up, and working Steam Workshop support for the game beats me. If it was to look professional in that sense then the whole thing should've been pushed at least 6 months before the announcement to begin with.

And again, I'm not really asking for a pushed deadline because some projects might need more time for development, but for the sake of having a more fun contest, and being able to use the tools provided by BIS for presenting our projects as intended.

I still don't understand where you are coming from:

1. they didn't need the site for the contest. It is a bonus not a necessity. Even now, if they take down the contest site and replace it with a ftp uploader, things wouldn't change...at all.

2. you keeping getting back on the "fun" factor. What is that about, at least for you? I mean it is a very subjective thing, this fun of yours. I could get my fun out of the contest by creating something that i like, for myself. You could get this out of people applauding you. That doesn't mean that my fun is worse than yours.

So then again, if you want to be taken seriously (and is less and less likely after your last post), please put some serious arguments into it.

Because according to the information available on the site, they are partly judging projects on their presentation, which at least I interpret as the presentation we create on either the MANW-site or Steam Workshop.

LOL! This is not beauty pageant contest:

• Technical quality: technical design, optimization and innovative solution of an Entry;
  • Originality: originality and innovation of an Entry's concept;
  • Experience: overall gameplay experience, balance of design and challenge presented by an Entry;
  • Presentation: coherence and consistency of an Entry's presentation in terms of functionality and expression

By the bolder part, i understand that if you create a new amazing function, it would better have a properly designed dialog. As well, if you have a really nicely behaving chopper, it is better to have a nice mesh, some HD textures etc. It has nothing to do with the site....

Ultimately a fun way for us to use the various flashy tools BIS has provided for A3 where we can create professionally looking videos and screenshots, or whatever. And also, of course, a way for the community to follow and support the various projects that choose not to develop in the dark.

Flashy tools? Like what? The splendid camera? Or is it "whatever".

Well, first of all, the presentation I put quite some time on doing for the site back in May (When the Addon category was supposed to open) wouldn't have been a waste of time and effort, which I now will have to sacrifice a few more days of sparetime on creating again instead of working on things I originally planned for. But I'm not really talking about advantages/disadvantages here, but still about presentation, communication and just the ability use the tools that were intended to be used for the contest.

Again, you made the choice, not anyone else. Don't blame BI for you not understanding the rules of competition.

And yes, we have always had the possibility to simply create a thread here on the forum instead, but as I mentioned it is not quite the same thing due to the functionality and spotlight that the site offers. The forum would however of course still be a good complement to the original presentation.

fun = spotlight then yes?

Not sure how I could say it any more clearer. But okay, I guess there are some people around that aren't affected by hype, but not anyone I know about though :p I guess you could compare it to ups and downs in your workflow. When things are going good, you're on fire and just tends to work nonstop until your eyes bleed, which often leads to faster progress than anticipated/planned. When things go bad, you might get hung up on details or having to take a break to clear your mind, or whatever, which ultimately tends to slow down your project. Or, maybe you're not affected by that either? :p

In practically all projects I've been working on this is kind of how external hype affects my project as well. It's those moments when you might think; "I should go to work now, but ah screw it, I'll just sit here and put another half hour into this and then take the car instead", or "I should go visit my grandmothers birthday today, but ah screw it, I'll sit here and put a few more hours into this and congratulate her on the phone instead with some coughing and snoring sounds". That's progress you're not really planning for, but which hype can lead to, for some people at least.

Of course i am, but i don't need "hype" to keep myself motivated.

So i theory you would like BI to delay it so you can get the "hype", in order to get motivated, yes?

I don't know if I understand that question right. The site is where the competition takes place, where we fight for spotlight and supporters, and where we link early releases if we want. That's a huge part of the fun in the contest for many, and usually how it is done in other contests, and also the whole point of the site obviously. But sure, if you don't enjoy that part you can stay silent if you want, and just focus on the prize instead of what's happening around you.

No, the site is NOT where the competition takes place

Listen: I take part in a lot of contests in one single year, and i don't always do it for the win (even though taking part in competitions is part of my business. I am not talking here about pitches) . Surely, i have a rate of 20% success, which is kind of well considering the amount of applications. 95% of those have certain strict rules that imply 100% anonymity. All of those have prizes and possible contracts at the end. Maybe that's a reason i don't get why you need visibility in order to get the fun. I get that for free work, but this one has a possible monetary gain.

And about the hype, I believe I've already answered that. It seems like we're not in this for all the same reasons. It's kind of like I prefer to enjoy the football-game while you're satisfied enough by checking the end scores on your phone, if you know what I mean :cheers: But don't get me wrong, I still respect that.

1. I'm not in this. (i really don't think i ever said i am taking part in MANW). I thought about it for some time but i simply don't have the time until next year.

2. You seem to enjoy watching a sports. I prefer playing it. (i also don't watch football, as in at all, nor do i give a fuck about scores).

To bring a good example to the thread, I recommend you to check out the
-contest that recently ended for the upcoming game Star Citizen. That's a great example of how to involve everyone and keep it interesting for months. Still not exactly what I expected in this contest though, but just an example.

maybe you should have taken part in that one...anyways, did the dead-line got pushed?

If the site doesn't mean anything to you, then fine, good luck and have fun. But it is still there for a reason, and considering its existence and various other announcements and adding by BIS lately, I believe their intentions was most definitely to have something of a public competition/race/whatever. The whole thing was probably just announced way too early before everything was in place and available. Otherwise the site would indeed be pointless, and the contest would be the most boring one ever.

From your own perspective. And it seems you are the only one of this opinion, at least in this thread.

TLDR; Shame on you! Read it, or read my first post again, because this thread doesn't need more off topic. I am NOT saying the deadline should be pushed because I or anyone else need more time to work on our projects. It's about giving the Addon category a chance of becoming a better and more exiting contest/experience due to the late possibility of creating presentations on the MANW-site.

It is obvious that i have read your thread since i quoted one part at a time, isn't it? if it is anyone that should be ashamed, i would gather that be you since it is obvious that you are unable to present (see what i did here) proper reasons why BI would push it, besides subjective ones such as your "fun" factor, that is (or could be) associated with hype. Any other reason i have missed here?

PS:

I have tried to reply to you in a very mature and decent manner. You seem to not be able to have a conversation if it doesn't go along your way, so i'll just skip this one, since it is obvious that:

1. you don't have a single good(objective) reason for it (the site, the fun and the hype aren't)

2. it is really not gonna happen

Edited by PuFu

It is obvious that i have read your thread since i quoted one part at a time, isn't it? if it is anyone that should be ashamed, i would gather that be you since it is obvious that you are unable to present (see what i did here) proper reasons why BI would push it, besides subjective ones such as your "fun" factor, that is (or could be) associated with hype. Any other reason i have missed here?

PS:

I have tried to reply to you in a very mature and decent manner. You seem to not be able to have a conversation if it doesn't go along your way, so i'll just skip this one, since it is obvious that:

1. you don't have a single good(objective) reason for it (the site, the fun and the hype aren't)

2. it is really not gonna happen

I don't understand what you mean by me not being able to have a conversation that doesn't go my way? Where did that come from? I've just been answering questions, and trying to correct any misunderstandings. The thread was supposed to be about peoples thoughts around a slightly pushed deadline for the sake of having a better contest, not criticizing me personally or whatever intentions you might think I have. I don't know if you're just trolling me or if my english just isn't good enough for you to understand what I mean.

1. I believe I have. If you don't agree with it, that's totally fine. You can just say so instead of butchering every word I say which really isn't necessary.

2. Well who knows? Why not worth asking? I rather give it a shot than making assumptions like that. It wasn't exactly a demand, but just a simple question.

This place is so damn angry though, I don't even know why I keep coming back here sometimes. I thought you were one of the few good guys around here, but apparently you cant keep a mature discussion even if you say you want one yourself anymore. I'm not saying you have to agree with what I'm saying, but you really don't have to end every answer with an offending attitude, as if you're trying to impress someone. You certainly haven't tried to reply in a "mature and decent manner" at all.

Anyways, I'm not answering any more personal criticism here since it is off topic, and I'm not explaining the topic again as I really don't know how I could do that in any other way. Feel free to keep posting what you think about it though, whether you agree or not and/or why, and some official word from BIS would still be nice as well since they have been good at answering other threads around here :)

I'm not even going to bother going through that giant wall of text (which I did read) to quote, I'm just going to respond.

They announced the contest before Steam went live and before their site was 100% because guess what, neither of those two things impact the contest *at all*. They are not, were not, required for people to start their work *when the contest was announced*. The rules were posted when it was announced. The clear, precise deadline was posted when it was announced. Those are the only two things an addonmaker or mod team require to start their work.

This is not a "public" competition like I'm starting to think you think it is. This a bunch of people make stuff, submit it to the judges, and the judges decide what wins. There is no competing against other teams in the buildup to the deadline, it's purely a contest to see whose finished product is the best, with the products being made in mostly isolated, radio silent, etc. etc. type conditions. There is absolutely no logical reason for Bohemia to push back the deadline they set down last year. The only argument that even holds water is the one I previously pointed out, but as you are not using that particular argument, you don't have a leg to stand on here. It's not going to happen, your reasons do not make sense/are not logical/come across as mostly hot air. The only reason anybody involved in MANW would want to extend the deadline is because they will not be ready to meet it, which just sort of makes this thread one big sad but slightly amusing mess.

I don't understand what you mean by me not being able to have a conversation that doesn't go my way? Where did that come from? I've just been answering questions, and trying to correct any misunderstandings. The thread was supposed to be about peoples thoughts around a slightly pushed deadline for the sake of having a better contest, not criticizing me personally or whatever intentions you might think I have. I don't know if you're just trolling me or if my english just isn't good enough for you to understand what I mean.

1. I believe I have. If you don't agree with it, that's totally fine. You can just say so instead of butchering every word I say which really isn't necessary.

2. Well who knows? Why not worth asking? I rather give it a shot than making assumptions like that. It wasn't exactly a demand, but just a simple question.

This place is so damn angry though, I don't even know why I keep coming back here sometimes. I thought you were one of the few good guys around here, but apparently you cant keep a mature discussion even if you say you want one yourself anymore. I'm not saying you have to agree with what I'm saying, but you really don't have to end every answer with an offending attitude, as if you're trying to impress someone. You certainly haven't tried to reply in a "mature and decent manner" at all.

Anyways, I'm not answering any more personal criticism here since it is off topic, and I'm not explaining the topic again as I really don't know how I could do that in any other way. Feel free to keep posting what you think about it though, whether you agree or not and/or why, and some official word from BIS would still be nice as well since they have been good at answering other threads around here :)

There was no anger in any of my posts. That's the internet lack of emotion tbh. I was genuinely trying to understand some of the reasons behind your proposal, yes, in a mature way. Dissagreeing with you doesn't mean i am getting personal against you. Of course the "shame on you" comment was out of place since, as i said, if a few people tell you that you're drunk, maybe it is better to just go grab a nap. I still am of the opinion that you have not presented a real good reason. Of course you can be of another opinion, but that won't change my own view unless i see it coming from an objective angle(and currently i don't).

Again, take things lighter, there was really no pun intended. Oh i have no reason to impress you

Sign in to follow this