Sign in to follow this  
charliereddog

Server doesn't show

I've been away from ARMA for a bit, come back and fired up my server exe, and no one can see it, whereas before they could. What's changed? Is it to do with Gamespy disappearing? I couldn't even get people to connect via ip and port, despite the server showing on steamapi check?

What do I need to change this and make my server visible again?

I've run into the exact same boat. I fired up my Dedicated Arma3 after being away for a couple months, updated it, and what not.. I tried to use the filter and find it in the server browser, but it was a no go. HOWEVER, I was able to connect to it using the IP.

So, I checked the firewall settings, they all looked good.. checked the config, looked fine.. Checked the steamapi, seems like its working...

http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamApps/GetServersAtAddress/v0001?addr=216.172.97.154

I'm not sure what to try next... I've been through a few threads on here, but they didnt help me.

This has been happening since around 1.22 and the gamespy shutdown. If I try to find my own server with the filter it shows up after a while (20 to 60 seconds), the steam servers are just really slow. Any other reason why a server wouldn't show up now with ports opened, firewall sorted out, and properly launched is a mystery to me.

@Bojingles: the arma 3 server you've posted isn't answering queries on its steamQueryPort 2303 - make sure that port is reachable from outside

So basically, its fucked over lots of us and they've done nothing about it, and no one knows how to solve the problem? Brilliant.

So basically, its fucked over lots of us and they've done nothing about it, and no one knows how to solve the problem? Brilliant.

This is basically the way it is at this time. Hopefully, they fix this shit.