Sign in to follow this  
Ckrauslo

Clothing creation

Saw few videos on marvelous designer program, and found it to be easier to draw the clothes, could i do the clothes in this program, than export to O2, and later on weight the clothing?

Short Answer: No, not directly.

that program creates ridiculously high poly models... They are not fit for a game. You have to reduce them manually with yet another program if you do that, which requires a fair bit of modelling knowledge.

Edited by Fennek

The idea that that program only produces super high polygon models is rather incorrect, you can adjust the detail of the clothing to generate both High and Low poly models. In fact i plan to use it for modelling new clothing models and backpacks vest and all that kind of stuff for ADF-Uncut.

I am a 3D character modeler at a gaming company, how can I best use Marvelous Designer in my workflow?

Most 3D character modelers at gaming companies use Marvelous Designer to model characters’ clothing quickly. After creating a character using your 3D software, you can easily import it into Marvelous Designer as an OBJ or Collada format and create and drape clothing onto it. When you have completed creating the clothing, you can export everything as OBJ to bring it back to your initial 3D software. Marvelous Designer also supports raising or lowering the number of polygons, so you can freely optimize the number of polygons for your characters’ clothing.

Edited by pastor399

you plan to... but you haven't yet. I dont believe in marketing sentences as proof of a feature =P

Eitherway you still have to apply changes to the model you get out of it, therefore you cant just put the model from the generator into object builder and be done with it.