Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Difference with textures

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Diference with textures, Is it noticable by bear eye?<span id='postcolor'>

bear.jpg

Looks the same to me!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpy @ July 04 2002,12:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What's the diference with texture settings in preferences?

Can u see the diference with texture 1024x1024 and 4096x4096?

Because higher texture eats ure RAM.<span id='postcolor'>

AFAIK OFP:R Textures on Nogovo are "only" 1024x1024 so adjusting the setting to 4096x4096 won't give you a noticable change. The setting reflects more the possibilities of the game, which by now nobody has taken Advantage of (and I hope that won't change soon because 4096x4096 textures need 16 times the memory of 1024x1024 textures...)

I run OFP:R still with textures set to 256x256 because with 256MB of RAM anything higher somehow takes the speed out of the game...  biggrin.gif

There isn't much difference between 1024-4096 but if you go to 512 and under there is difference especially from 512 to 256. This can also be seen in performance.

Is your Croatian perfect Avon? Don't mock and don't spam please.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ July 05 2002,02:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is your Croatian perfect Avon?<span id='postcolor'>

Posrijedi je bolji nego tvoj! tounge.gif

LOL @ Avon!!

You´ve must have seen that one comming a mile away Placebo... biggrin.gif