Sign in to follow this  
Aralvar

Player saving between server restarts?

Is there a way to do this? I'm willing to pay for a MySQL server from Vilayer if that's what is needed.

For Arma 2 you can use Arma2Net addon with mySQL. The easiest way to set this up (and it's not easy) is to use MSO 4.6 with mySQL as the MSO team already has an .sql file prepared for this.

See here for more info:

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/mso/wiki

If you are looking to make your custom mission save-able you would need to create the .sql file yourself with tables, etc.

For Arma 2 you can use Arma2Net addon with mySQL. The easiest way to set this up (and it's not easy) is to use MSO 4.6 with mySQL as the MSO team already has an .sql file prepared for this.

See here for more info:

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/mso/wiki

If you are looking to make your custom mission save-able you would need to create the .sql file yourself with tables, etc.

I'm confused on how this can be done on a Vilayer server. How would you install .NET and Visual C++ and all that to the server if you can't upload .exe files to Vilayer servers?

Also, apparently it's impossible to install PersistentDB on a rented server because you don't have access to the AppData\whatever file that the Databases.txt goes in. Is there any other way of doing player saving with a MySQL server without having to create your own script?

Unfortunately if your provider does not allow you to install stuff and add .dll files then there isn't much you can do. In the Arma 3 version of MSO (@ALiVE mod) you can put those text files in the game install directory but as far as I know for MSO for Arma 2 they must go into appdata\local\whatever path.