Sign in to follow this  
luke90

How has gamespy shutting down affected arma servers

I`m not sure if i have got all this right but didn't Arma 2 OA switch over to steam now that gamespy has gone down? I`m asking because 1. i seem to have been having trouble finding servers my friends are on and 2. i have been trying to make my own server and i didn't know if gamespys shutdown was the reason it doesn't seem to work.

I have the same problem too.

For the past few months I have been playing on this dedicated server without problems and ever since the Gamespy Shutdown I can no longer find the server when I filter its name. I have tried turning Gamespy off in the filter and even launching Arma 2 without Gamespy from Steam but it still didn't show up. I am able to remote connect to the server with the IP though but when I join it's stuck on Wait For Host, although I am able to see all the things that happen in chat like "x was killed"; I can't see the players on the server in the top-right.

I am also unable to quick hosts servers anymore and it just freezes when I click on host or ok or whatever the button is. I am able to host LAN with the only problem being that all my Arma friends live across the country.

I launch Arma with Steam if anyone needs to know that. I have PlayWithSix but I don't like using it because it makes my computer slow but if launching Arma through PlayWithSix works I'm up for it.

I found a fix for myself.

I verified the game cache and played Arma 2 in online mode on Steam I used to only play on offline.