Sign in to follow this  
Ghost

C0000005 access_violation

I am constantly getting various C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION errors even after patch 1.24. I have done various memory checks and no issues were found. I do not have problems with other games either. Any ideas? I have tried the max -maxMem=2047 and all that with same results.

Rpt Zips

BI FIX

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19799

Edited by Ghost

Run the SFC /SCANNOW command. This will check and repair if necessary any critical Windows system files. Have to be with a admin(rt-click) CMD.

Fault address: 76329B60 01:00008B60 C:\Windows\syswow64\msvcrt.dll

Run the SFC /SCANNOW command. This will check and repair if necessary any critical Windows system files. Have to be with a admin(rt-click) CMD.

Fault address: 76329B60 01:00008B60 C:\Windows\syswow64\msvcrt.dll

No errors

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]

Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Ghost>SFC /SCANNOW

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\Users\Ghost>

We are also getting this same error on our dedicated box. Thought I was the only one getting frustrated with the server constantly crashing.

Have been getting this error pretty consistently for the past week on my dedicated server (through NFO). Usually happens once AI start engaging players. It's been driving me crazy. I have uninstalled everything and even wiped the whole thing and reinstalled the OS. Still happening.

Yea are server is also ran through NFO servers. And they performed a wipe and reinstall and verified the files. just need to wait for some sort of an update I guess. The constant random crashes is as well driving me crazy.

Also with problems! This time is with a gameserver box from JestServers..

Same problem on VDS from NFO, so I ran a Insurgency on Altis(vanilla) with 4 players and didnt crashed.. But then one I asked for one friend of mine enter with some mods and crashed..

Had the same issue and resolved it by removing FFIS (Firefight Improvement System).

Thank me later :)

Yes, the issue is within FFIS. While it is a server side mod, whenever clients use it and engage enemies, the server will crash for whatever reason. This means that even if your server doesn't have FFIS and a client joins that has it activated, they can crash your server when they engage enemies.