1. Always know the range the enemy is at, then zero your weapon accordingly.

2. Move slowly, considering every step.

3. Pull out binos/laser designator/range finder every 20 or so steps to recon the area ahead of you.

4. Always try to spot enemies before they spot you.

5. If the enemy is range, so are you.

6. Assign the AI individual targets, if you're working with AI.

7. Set the Machine Gunner to Supressive Fire.

8. Gain Fire Superiority as fast as possible, through use of full auto, and 40mm grenades.

9. Supress, flank, kill.

A nice little technique I'm using for checking corners. (Mostly for first person only players) :)

http://i.imgur.com/kns5Aycl.jpg

Woah. Mind blown.

Great stuff guys. I've had something similar to #Arma3Tips in mind, except more epic. It's a secret but I'll let you guys know soon. ;)

~Never drawn fire, it irritates everyone around you.

~When stopping or pausing, always wait in a "360°". (all eyes out in all directions)

~Always travel with a 'near/cqb' scope default. Getting ambushed locked in your long-range scope will get you killed.

~Never die or egress with a bag full of equipment. Use it, throw it, dump it, etc. Unused Grenades, APERS Mines, Smoke, etc are worthless sitting in your bag.

~If ambushing a squad, take out the grenadier first. The MGs second.

~Know your Compass! Be aware of your directions at all times!!

And last #Arma3Tips off the top of my head...

~If you ever find yourself alone and taking on a whole enemy squad, remember you have them partially surrounded. :p

Edited by Goblin
  • Like 1

"If you put a thousand rounds into the woods and there is no answer, the wood contains no enemies." This is also known as "reconaissance by fire".

"The apparent intelligence of AI is inversely proportional to their importance to achieving your objective. Thus, the AI that matters most is the one that exhibits the greatest degree of stupidity."

Know your enemies weapons. Against an enemy with a .50 cal there is no point hiding inside a building unless you're one or two walls over from him. Likewise, an enemy with a pistol cannot get you even if you're behind a single barrel of sand. For tanks fighting tanks, only terrain or a whole village is cover, buildings are concealment until he runs out of APFSDS.

"The clincher is, is the mod you are running ballistically compatible to the scopes of the other mod you're running." Know your ammo, know your scopes."

For mission designers: "No matter how thoroughly tested and break-tested your mission is, somebody will manage to break it. This will always happen in a fashion that is both unexpected and unreproducable."

• Like 1

4 F's of squad leading.

Find, fix, flank, finish.

If outgunned, retreat and find another point of attack.

Only shoot what you can kill, or it will kill you.

Never underestimate your enemy.

• Like 1

"If your going to practice your flying in MP, your going to have a bad day"

• Like 1

Always try to stay one grenade blast radius from your closest ally.

If there is a mortar threat increase distance to one mortar blast radius.

Make sure everyone caries enough white smoke grenades.

RGO grenades are there for a reason. Throw one or two into a building and let them do some of the work before you go in and clear it. 40 mm grenades work as well.

Grenades work best if used in coordination with others.

Don't be selfish and make yourself useful to the team. Ask to carry extra ammunition or equipment.

If you don't know where your friendly forces are you are doing something wrong. Mark your fire team / squad on the map or if you don't like to do that because you are lazy ( :D ) use some kind of map tracker.

Use tanks, aircraft and other fire support with care. Let the infantry deal with most threats themselves. It is more fun for them. Apply "Rule of Cool" ! Tanks, aircraft and fire support are for flair.

Always move with care. Don't be hasty. Remember the turtle and the hare. Smarts over speed.

If you are the team lead or squad lead simply stay utterly calm. The appearance of knowing what you are doing is 90% of the job. The remaining 10% are 9 parts map reading and 1 part knowing what to tell your soldiers.

• Like 1

Reload if your gun is empty. - or youll end up like me fighting 2 guys with 1 bullet left in the clip lol

expect the unexpected

assumption is the mother of all F#$%^ ups

make sure you always carry a pistol with @ least 1 magazine

when died don't Alt+F4 ( it will make you look stupid and dumb )

Considering I'm just getting starting in Arma Development, I'm sure this will be useful.

When you can't see, blind fire.

• Like 1

• Always be wary of the threat vector (closest approach from enemy)

Conceal your manoeuvres

Only engage when behind solid cover

When ambushed, firstly take cover. Then retaliate

Before an engagement, determine what losses constitutes a retreat

Evaluate a force multiplier "number" for your team and the enemy

• Like 1

In the beginning the Arma3 editor is your best friend and try to memorize all the keyboard commands in Arma3 settings!
when the pin is pulled, Mr Grenade is not your friend anymore!  :rolleyes:

Walk softly and carry a big gun, a few grenades and a rocket launcher.

Bring the right tool for the right job.