Sign in to follow this  
Robonator

Moving Terrain in Arma 3

Hello guys.

There is this one thing with the Arma 3 Terrain that bothers me almost as much as the invisible Hills and wrong hills in the distance.

What i mean is moving ground if you move.

It's hard to explain but i noticed that the terrain moves itself and deforms etc

I made a Video to show you what i mean:

skip to 1:30 to get a perfect view on what i mean.

This ruins the atmosphere a bit and it always confuses me.

Is this a problem by me or by the engine? i have this since the alpha. is there anything to fix it?

I am playing on ultra settings with a Nvidia GTX 680

Have you ever seen mission impossible 4 ghost protocol? where they use that device so the guard inside the Kremlin doesn't realize they are there, the device follow the guard line of sight and calculate, how the picture should present it self...? it's almost like that with video games, you are receiving a illusion of movement, and the terrain is constantly doing some loading's each time you move

There is one fix. Set Terrain to Standard or Low.

I heard its got to do with parallax mapping but what do I know.

Have you ever seen mission impossible 4 ghost protocol? where they use that device so the guard inside the Kremlin doesn't realize they are there, the device follow the guard line of sight and calculate, how the picture should present it self...? it's almost like that with video games, you are receiving a illusion of movement, and the terrain is constantly doing some loading's each time you move

I don't think this really explains this thing. It doesn't even look like its loading.

There is one fix. Set Terrain to Standard or Low.

I heard its got to do with parallax mapping but what do I know.

I tried this and it seems to work. Low disables the grass etc so i keep it on standard and the terrain doesn't move anymore.

Thanks!

lol, yeah its the bubble around you. Turn your nvidia mipmap to max, make sure your not over riding your Ansio filter to low with the NV CP. Its not much of a issue on my AMD card "now" but it has been bad. I think NV has a broken driver(s) out now for a few releases..., But It also can be that you have settings in the NV CP that are over riding. Oh and quit looking down at it...lol

Even if you dont look directly at it, you will notice it^^

I didn't changed any settings in my Nvidia CP and can you tell me where i can find the mipmap settings? i can't seem to find them.

Texture filter/ mip filter / ansio filter, or some such.