Frankdatank1218

How to use Virtual Arsenal like the Virtual Ammobox System?

Hi,

I'm getting the same issue than ESUSSanchez, when whitelisting stuff, whitelisted loadout can't always be used.

I must be accurate, I spent some time testing this: when I have no weapon, I can only load preset without weapon for an example.

I have tried adding player's voice, insigna and face to the Item list, without success (seems weird, but you know what's SQF debugging, right? :))

Has anyone found a solution or a workaround?

Hi,

I'm getting the same issue than ESUSSanchez, when whitelisting stuff, whitelisted loadout can't always be used.

I must be accurate, I spent some time testing this: when I have no weapon, I can only load preset without weapon for an example.

I have tried adding player's voice, insigna and face to the Item list, without success (seems weird, but you know what's SQF debugging, right? :))

Has anyone found a solution or a workaround?

The issue with changing the voice and face I believe would be due to the fact that each player in their profile has their own voice and face settings so changing it could cause an issue in mp possibly. As for the whitelisting im going to see if I can make a test mission just trying to whitelist csat weapons. (Possibility for a new script? (function))

Edited by Lala14

is possible to use of virtual arsenal function like class system? with simple button like medic. assault and so on? so if you die return in arsenal view and choose the class

Hi. I wanna put Arsenal funcionallity for all ingame spawned boxes.

Have found this:

[<target>,<classes>,(<isGlobal>,<addAction>)] call BIS_fnc_addVirtualWeaponCargo;

target: Object or Namespace - ammo box to which classes will be added. When missionNamespace is used, they will be available across all boxes.

classes: Boolean or Array of Strings - whitelisted classes. Alternatiovely, use true to whitelist everything of the given type

isGlobal (Optional): Boolean - true to add classes globally (default: false)

addAction (Optional): Boolean - true to add "Arsenal" action which players can access the Arsenal (default: true)

But i dont knew how to do it correctly:

[missionNamespace,true,true,true] call BIS_fnc_addVirtualWeaponCargo;
[missionNamespace,true,true] call BIS_fnc_addVirtualWeaponCargo;
[missionNamespace,["%All"],true,true] call BIS_fnc_addVirtualWeaponCargo;
[missionNamespace,["%All"],true] call BIS_fnc_addVirtualWeaponCargo;

Seams to work in SP but on MP no luck.

Can someone please help me?

How it should be inited? Locally or server only?

Any others ideas for any box spawned/delivered ingame with Virtual Arsenal?

Edited by DaVIdoSS

Hey guys, is it possible to add the arsenal script to a spawning ammo box? I have created a dynamic custom camp which spawns in at the start of the mission via game logic and I would like to have the arsenal script run on these boxes, thanks for any help in advance.

For some reason our Virtual Ammobox System only works in the editor preview.

When i try to host a LAN or Internet game it won't work for some reason...

Code we are using:

["AmmoboxInit",[this,true]] call BIS_fnc_arsenal;

Would be very thankful for help :).

I've come to love VA, but now I'm trying to use "blacklisting" and getting nowhere.

I've tried various combinations with BIS_fnc_removeVirtualWeaponCargo, and I get get it to work with a limited VA (where only specified things are in the crate to start, I think), but I can't get it to do an "keep everything but A,B,C.." sort of setup.

And this is not helping: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arsenal#Remove

Anyone know the best way to blacklist certain items/weapons?

EDIT: I'm assuming this is just broken since no one has replied here or elsewhere where I've posted. If that changes, I'd love to know.

I would also like a way to blacklist only certain weapons without the tedious work of adding them in one by one.

I hope this is a suitable place to ask, better than spamming a new topic anyway.. In heated battles when you invoke any VA script, once it's closed the chequered black screen can take a long time to dissipate. Is there a workaround to suppress it? Alt-tabbing doesn't seem to speed it up either.

From a tutorial on youtube I used this:

0 = ["AmmoboxInit",[this,true]] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;

on an object init (in the editor).

It works in the Editor.

Now I export my little mission as an MP Mission.

It works on that too, but only until I solve a mission.

After that it stops working.

I use MCC. When I hit on mission won or failed the usual screens appear. You can choose your role again and that is the moment when the Arsenal thing is not accessible anymore.

It wont show up in the mousewheel menu anymore after this.

Any ideas for this?

For some reason our Virtual Ammobox System only works in the editor preview.

When i try to host a LAN or Internet game it won't work for some reason...

Code we are using:

["AmmoboxInit",[this,true]] call BIS_fnc_arsenal;
Would be very thankful for help :).

Yeah I experienced the same with this.

Strange. But you can call the Arsenal init from init.sqf . In this way you force  the code  to be executed on every mission init.

Notice that you need to change "this" to proper object name. Or even better you can use a condition for adding the arsenal for every ammobox used in mission

Hello guys.

I don't want to use the BIS AddAction. I have whitelisted some items according to team with switch playerside do. My issue is that despite sending the parameter to not use the default BIS AddAction at the spawn fnc and at the additemfnc levels, I don't get the actual Arsenal to open. I've tested and it works fine when I don't try and remove the AddAction (i.e. true,{true} -- and -- true,true) but then I'm back to where I started with their AddAction and no way to customise it in terms of colour, priority etc. I am calling the Virtual Arsenal script from a custom AddAction on an ammobox.

from my addaction on the ammobox

this addAction ["<t color='#ff1111'>BIS Arsenal</t>","scripts\OpenVirtualArsenal.sqf"];

from my script to open Virtual Arsenal

["AmmoboxInit",[_vabox,false,{false}]] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;

then I define the contents according to side  (I left the switch and classnames out for this post).

[_vabox,
[ << MY BACKPACKS >> ],
false, false
] call BIS_fnc_addVirtualBackpackCargo;
then I repeated that second bit for magazines, weapons etc. and side

Apparently it's code in the first snippet and boolean in the second to control the addaction by parameter  :huh:. Any clue what I'm doing wrong here to not be able to open the Virtual Arsenal when rejecting the add action given to me by default? I'm actually considering overhauling all my addactions to "accommodate" the inability to customize the add action given by default. Why u do dis BIS... 

Strange. But you can call the Arsenal init from init.sqf . In this way you force  the code  to be executed on every mission init.

Notice that you need to change "this" to proper object name. Or even better you can use a condition for adding the arsenal for every ammobox used in mission

Thanks for the hint!

The outsourcing of the command worked but it behaves like before.

First run of the mission - all good.

Then after lose or win its gone again...

I created a init.sqf and inside is the code like you told me. Instead of "this" i got the name I gave to the item in the editor.

The init.sqf was placed where the mission.sqm and the description.ext is - this is correct i guess?

EDIT: Yes, it is run clientside only.

I believe it needs to be run by the server. i.e. 

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

It would be good if you can put the power to move or assemble the loadouts with similar names together and are separated or not an option that automatically gather .... (google translator) sorry