Frankdatank1218

How to use Virtual Arsenal like the Virtual Ammobox System?

Is it possible to import classes from VAS into the Arsenal?

(if) How do i do it?

Load up a mission with both Tonic's VAS and Moricky's VAS, and simply Load a class from one and Save that class on the other.

Load up a mission with both Tonic's VAS and Moricky's VAS, and simply Load a class from one and Save that class on the other.

Very good idea thank you.

Is it possible to import classes from VAS into the Arsenal?

(if) How do i do it?

This is how I noticed items missing from Virtual Arsenal.

Anyway, in the editor set up an ammobox using VAS and another using Virtual Arsenal. (Or use the same ammobox!). Then run the map and load your saves from Virtual AmmoBox and switch to Virtual Arsenal and save your loadout.

If you re-edit your loadout in Virtual Arsenal you may find things disappearing. i.e. certain clothing and backpacks etc.

set up an ammobox using VAS and another using Virtual Arsenal.

Not a bad idea at all!

When I use loadout exported from Arsenal in a mission, magazines that are supposed to be loaded into weapons are missing. So it just loads next one from Uniform/Vest/Backpack. However it works fine when you click try in Arsenal. Also laser designator batteries dont seem to save. After (re)loading a loadout batteries are missing.

When loadout with laser designator is exported its added only via "this linkItem 'Laserdesignator';" and not with "addWeapon". In editor I had to use addWeapon in order to add LD.

It would be really nice to have a command to load magazine to weapon, something like "this addMagazinePrimaryWeapon '30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag';" or something.

I used

["AmmoboxInit",[this,true]] call BIS_fnc_arsenal;

on a supply box and when I select Arsenal from the AM, it goes to a loading screen and hangs. Any suggestions?

That should work, using any addons?

I used

on a supply box and when I select Arsenal from the AM, it goes to a loading screen and hangs. Any suggestions?

Verify steam file cache of ArmA 3!

How can i use Arsenal to work with BTC, that it spawn with the loadout as it does with VAS?

Hmm... I'll try disabling.

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:48 ----------

No go. Still locks.

Verify steam file cache of ArmA 3!

One file failed. Still doesn't work.

All I have is a Supply Box with that script, a Zeus setup, and a Rifleman Player to test the features with.

Update: Scrapped the mission and restarted with just a Rifleman and the ammobox. Worked fine. Added Zeus modules and it breaks again. Zeus seems to not like the Arsenal.

Edited by Styrkr

Hmm... I'll try disabling.

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:48 ----------

No go. Still locks.

One file failed. Still doesn't work.

All I have is a Supply Box with that script, a Zeus setup, and a Rifleman Player to test the features with.

Update: Scrapped the mission and restarted with just a Rifleman and the ammobox. Worked fine. Added Zeus modules and it breaks again. Zeus seems to not like the Arsenal.

Interesting, maybe try the code I suggested?

Hello,

I'm new to Arma series, I bought Arma3 attracted by the realism of the game and this amazing, active community.

I like very much the new virtual arsenal but i'm wondering if there is any way to use it on the single player missions and showcase to edit the loadout before starting the mission or in the first moves of the mission. Have you any suggestion? Maybe using SQL script but I cannot find indications how to do this...

Example - showcase mission "infantry" - the standard weapon is MX rifle with GL. I wish to do the same mission with Mk200 machinegun. How can I do it?

Thanks

Francesco

With Virtual Arsenal, there is a way to keep loadout after death.

Each time we are dying, we have to reload the loadout ! :(

Thanks by advance

Hi,

i'm new at Arma 3 editing and i have a question.

I make a Mission and want Arsenal in it.

I put a Box and call the Arsenal with ["AmmoboxInit",[this,true]] call BIS_fnc_arsenal;

In the Editor everything is working fine but when i start the Mission over LAN/Internet or on my Dedicatet Server Arsenal didn't work.

I have in my Mission folder a description.ext where i define Respawn. When i delete the description.ext, export it and start the mission again it is working.

Is there a command that i forgot in the description.ext or somewhere to call the Arsenal?

Thanks for Help!

try that out ASOR Gear Selector v1.1 you can find it on armaholic

This +1, apart from not being able to 'test' the loadout it is much better in my opinion.

With Virtual Arsenal, there is a way to keep loadout after death.

Each time we are dying, we have to reload the loadout ! :(

There is a moderately simpler way to recall the player loadout on respawn and it uses the functions brought in by bis_fnc_arsenal (it just took a bit to find them)

[player, [missionnamespace, "Current"]] call bis_fnc_saveInventory

Use this to save the loadout of your soldier at a key point: e.g. on death or when leaving base.

It will save to the missionnamespace so it will be lost on next mission or when the server restarts.

use a respawn eventhandler to then call this code

player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {[player, [missionnamespace, "Current"]] call bis_fnc_loadInventory}}];

or use

[player, [missionnamespace, "Current"]] call bis_fnc_loadInventory;

where you want the player to reload their last loadout.

I have not tested in dedi or MP, just in the editor and it seems to be working fine.

NOTE: If you wish to be able to call the "current" loadout from the Arsenal screen then you will need to modify the code a little.

This will save the loadout in the players profileNameSpace

This has been extracted from bis_fnc_arsenal to ensure all info is there when you call the function from within the GUI.

[player, [profilenamespace,"Current"], [player getvariable ["BIS_fnc_arsenal_face",face player], speaker player, player call bis_fnc_getUnitInsignia]] call bis_fnc_saveInventory;

Then you can use the arsenal gui to select this as the last loadout used/saved

Should you wish to delete this profile (when player leaves server or other reason) you can do it from the arsenal gui or use

[player,[profilenamespace,"Current"],nil,true] call bis_fnc_saveinventory;

Hope this helps someone.

Edited by KevsnoTrev

Since the new update on 20th of August this command dosen`t work anymore:

Any suggestions or solutions?

objectName addaction ["Open VA",{["Open",true] call BIS_fnc_arsenal}];

Add this to your backpack or whatever you use and it'll work. Not guaranteed in MP as locality issues (as always, but I highly doubt there will be if this action is added in init.sqf) but it works as an immediate replacement for the ammoboxinit.

if (typeOf player == "<classname>") then {

[<box>,["<classname>","<classname>"],false,true] call BIS_fnc_addVirtualWeaponCargo;

[<box>,["<classname>","<classname>"],false,true] call BIS_fnc_addVirtualItemCargo;

[<box>,["<classname>","<classname>"],false,true] call BIS_fnc_addVirtualBackpackCargo;

[<box>,true,false,true] call BIS_fnc_addVirtualMagazineCargo;

};

since ArmA Update 1.26 this adds no action to <box> anymore. :(

["AmmoboxInit",<box>] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;

no effect too. :(

null = ["AmmoboxInit",<box>] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;

or

["AmmoboxInit",[<box>,true]] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;

nothing too. :(

What can I do???

Has been fixed in Dev branch according to FT. Just have to wait for it to filter down.