Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

Is there a way to rollback your ArmA3 Version to the previous one?

The game with the new Update is for me broken and unplayable.

- OPFORs take way to much shots to die

- you cannot run even 50 meters

- you have to wait at least 1minute to be able to aim due extensive weapon sway after running just 20meters

- still no weaponrest to counter this ridiculous extreme effects

- HE rockets from pawnees as example have a way too small kill radius suddenly (3m next to impact it you nearly go unharmed)

- holding breath not reducing weapon sway at all, just increasing it as soon you have to breath again

As mostly blufor infantry player its just not possible to enjoy gaming anymore.

Me and some friends want to go back to the earlier version, even it means no more beloved PvP :(

Anyone can help us how this is possible?

(first time after 14years of ArmA series gaming, i am in need of something like this..)

Edited by KrAziKilla

a (working)function like in steam arma 2 operation arrowhead would be nice (1.62 or "stable") under beta tab.

same for a3 please. (1.22 or "stable")

Been watching Jester videos since my PC fried up, he already posted 2 videos with the new update installed, i cannot see this stupid fatigue or sway, and he sprints a lot, and usually carry a lot of gear.... and shooting in a Plate Carrier will take more than one shot to kill

Been watching Jester videos since my PC fried up, he already posted 2 videos with the new update installed, i cannot see this stupid fatigue or sway, and he sprints a lot, and usually carry a lot of gear.... and shooting in a Plate Carrier will take more than one shot to kill

You cannot judge a book by somene telling you about it.

Judge it by reading it yourself.

Anyway, dont wanna discuss about the problems and bugs the new update brought, because there is no need to discuss, they are undeniable.

I just want the old version back and asking how it is possible. Anyone? :)

Anyway, dont wanna discuss about the problems and bugs the new update brought, because there is no need to discuss, they are undeniable.

I'm fine with the update, weight acutely has enough effect now were people might take their time thinking of what gear to bring on a mission. I will always stick with my gaming vows, just like how the campaign is titled. Survive, Adapt, and win. Plate Carriers take more shots? Get accurate. Stamina and weight have more of a effect? Learn to bound shorter distances. They even added a fatigue, energy meter on the arsenal viewer for people to test different load outs so you can see the actual limits of your character with so much gear.

KrAziKilla No i'm afraid not. My advice is to disable the automatic updates on Steam. I did that and I still have my game at 1.22 version.

I have got a good advice for you: if you don't want to discus something don't spend 80% of the original post talking about it ;)

BTW it is not the patch. Your game is clearly broken. I haven't experienced neither of the first two points changed after the patch.

Hey guys,

just wanted to bring in my opinion about the new update: It completely is a mess and one of the worst updates since we got the new mechanic in Arma 2, where the weapon not moves back into the original position (normally the shoulder pulls the rifle back into the rough position and not stays, where shooting ends).

English is not my native language, but I need to say, that weapon sway and fartigue are all things, that lowers the pace. Many clans I know got new players, because Arma 3 movement got a bit more dynamic and felt improved. Now we completely counter this good approach with "realism", that should be implemented optionally. The 2 reworked features made everyone in my surrounding very mad. Some were very angry. And that, although most of us are sim-only players with games like DLC, IL2, etc. But this is not, what balances the game correctly in my opinion.

Vehicles even get more important and infantry movements without get frustrating. We got to know many new people from other games in the last months and they all love the scale and the slower pace of Arma3. But now I don't know anybody, who wants to stay with this sway (in combination with the traditionally bad mouse implementation; one of the worst in shooters history and existing since arma 1) and this fartigue mechanics. I think, that the fartigue before the patch was well enough and weapon sway was even in the old versions frustrating. Adding significant differences in the weapon types in weapon sway makes sense. But please make them all more playable. The mouse movement in Arma always felt completely disconnecting and that is the essence of a shooter to play.

Let us be honest. It is a sandbox with a great pace simulating combat environments very well. And the pace of a soldier was great as it was. Aiming even could get better. Otherwise those last 100k, that now bought the game and liked it, will leave again in my opinion. Always keep that in mind. I am willing to get a new flight model and possibly a more difficult targeting system than it is currently. But the FPS side should stay as it was with new weapon resting and more moves to get more dynamics (see some good ideas of Red Orchestra 2).

The rule of cool should also have a word as this greatly has increased the number of new players. My suggestion: Make that an option and you will see, that most will not play it with the new mechanics.

They are messed up and most do not want it in that current state.

If I run 100 m with full equipment, I am in a pretty bad constitution to shoot. But I would always be able to cross one more road, while I am afraid of getting shot. Even completely exhausted, I would run fast than walking.

Generally it just makes the infantry pace far to slow, unintersting and frustrating like hell.

Edited by Stublerone

Hey guys,

just wanted to bring in my opinion about the new update: It completely is a mess and one of the worst updates since we got the new mechanic in Arma 2, where the weapon not moves back into the original position (normally the shoulder pulls the rifle back into the rough position and not stays, where shooting ends).

English is not my native language, but I need to say, that weapon sway and fartigue are all things, that lowers the pace. Many clans I know got new players, because Arma 3 movement got a bit more dynamic and felt improved. Now we completely counter this good approach with "realism", that should be implemented optionally. The 2 reworked features made everyone in my surrounding very mad. Some were very angry. And that, although most of us are sim-only players with games like DLC, IL2, etc. But this is not, what balances the game correctly in my opinion.

Vehicles even get more important and infantry movements without get frustrating. We got to know many new people from other games in the last months and they all love the scale and the slower pace of Arma3. But now I don't know anybody, who wants to stay with this sway (in combination with the traditionally bad mouse implementation; one of the worst in shooters history and existing since arma 1) and this fartigue mechanics. I think, that the fartigue before the patch was well enough and weapon sway was even in the old versions frustrating. Adding significant differences in the weapon types in weapon sway makes sense. But please make them all more playable. The mouse movement in Arma always felt completely disconnecting and that is the essence of a shooter to play.

Let us be honest. It is a sandbox with a great pace simulating combat environments very well. And the pace of a soldier was great as it was. Aiming even could get better. Otherwise those last 100k, that now bought the game and liked it, will leave again in my opinion. Always keep that in mind. I am willing to get a new flight model and possibly a more difficult targeting system than it is currently. But the FPS side should stay as it was with new weapon resting and more moves to get more dynamics (see some good ideas of Red Orchestra 2).

The rule of cool should also have a word as this greatly has increased the number of new players. My suggestion: Make that an option and you will see, that most will not play it with the new mechanics.

They are messed up and most do not want it in that current state.

If I run 100 m with full equipment, I am in a pretty bad constitution to shoot. But I would always be able to cross one more road, while I am afraid of getting shot. Even completely exhausted, I would run fast than walking.

Generally it just makes the infantry pace far to slow, unintersting and frustrating like hell.

1st, this thing is actually optionnal, and up to the mission maker.

See : https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/enableFatigue

2nd : define "full gear". Riffle + Launcher + backpack with 4 missiles == WAYYYY over the top! This loadout (that one keep seeing all too often in public gameplay) should be shared amongst 2 players to have a minimum of realism. If you don't want this "minimum of realism", see point 1) ;)

The best thing to please everyone is to make an option within the game to enable or to disable fatigue not only in some missions but in general. Or even better if there can be 3 options rookie, pro and expert. Just some ideas to calm down people :)

Hey guys,

Agree 100%. They had the right balance between Realism X Gameplay and screwed it with this update.

@whisper But I am an elite soldier in all games I should be able to carry my medKit, 4 missiles, 25 mags wearing a sniper uniform and using my sniper rifle after flying out to the AO :p

Yours

--==ConsolePlayerElite101==--

@OP : Nope

Edited by BL1P
L

Yes of course, because seeing the thing happening is like i'm not seeing the actual gameplay ..... terrific 3 points for your geniality

Well, right now you can "roll back" your version by subscribing to the dev branch, since they made a significant regression in the weapon sway today.

100% agree the fatigue is now terrible, would love the options server side to adjust the fatigue. Is there a mod or command line which could adjust or disable this function?

The best thing to please everyone is to make an option within the game to enable or to disable fatigue not only in some missions but in general. Or even better if there can be 3 options rookie, pro and expert. Just some ideas to calm down people :)

1st, this thing is actually optionnal, and up to the mission maker.

See : https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/enableFatigue

2nd : define "full gear". Riffle + Launcher + backpack with 4 missiles == WAYYYY over the top! This loadout (that one keep seeing all too often in public gameplay) should be shared amongst 2 players to have a minimum of realism. If you don't want this "minimum of realism", see point 1) ;)

There should just be an option to "run for your life", because no soldier (even exhausted like hell) would stay on a walk speed, if someone shoots on him. And as soon as stamina forces you to walk, it should not still lower and lower and lower stamina. It should stay or even regenerate, as you are walking as slow as with the "Walk" button. Second point: Never saw stamina values changing so drastically, when you go into "combat pace". This should be revised as well.

It could possibly be minor changes to make it believable.

But aside of that, I must say, that, if the majority has the option to choose, they all wont use it. And that from a guy, that is trying to play reallife pvp scenarious in leagues and clan evenings. So, we should rudder a bit back in my opinion or at least revise, how the stamina kicks in, when you recover, time values, etc. -> It simply not helps to stay on the current player level and it not helps to give people with "potential" to switch to arma (as they see its advantages) a really good reason to play arma 3. I do not want kiddies here, but a healthy game community, that is big enough to cover many different playstyles is possible. And that should be taken into consideration, even if such features are optional (as I know now) :)

Just an idea about the general approach. I am counting the days to get an enhanced helo flight model. People with other taste would say the same in that situation. And honestly, if it really gets much different/harder, I can understand their claims as well.

I think, the real sim factor of arma 3 is ONLY coming from its overall pace, scenarios, etc. and not from the different parts of the warfare. And that is essentially, what counts in my opinion. Generally you are right, that some gear setups are simply over the top. :)

---------- Post added at 22:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:52 ----------

The point 1 by the way is implemented from scratch. But this is an option between fatigue on and off. The state before that update is not possible to bring back.

To the weapon sway: Needs also rework. We have a.) bad mouse behaviours in all arma parts and b.) we are not on a reallife battlefield -> Means: Many things are already a drawback to steer with a mouse, than actually do it in a reallife situation.

Weapons sway needs rework and with all the other additionally simulated "realism" mechanics, it simply becomes an unenjoyable and unplayable gameplay....even for PvE non competitive "realism enthusiasts". It simply not behaves correctly and we are still talking about a game, where you play with mouse and keyboards. Swaying 4 minutes in prown position until you actually are able to even shoot a soldier 50 meters away from you, is not realistic. There are so much more reactions of a soldier in such a situation, that make fatigue and its weapon sway obsolete!!! A reallife soldier wouldnt miss such an opportunity, no matter how hard he is breathing.

And I am going further: The fact, that the weapon stay way up in the sky, when you did some rapid firing, is ultimately doing all this aiming and swaying additionally difficult. In reality, a soldier, that is laying down and "rest" his gun, would never stay with a gun facing way up in the sky. It would return into rough position. This was introduce in Arma 2 OA and THIS ALREADY SUCKS for many many many veteran players as it is NOT realistic. You can implement that the gun goes up, but not that it stays in that position. The shoulder of the soldier would ALWAYS force the gun back to a normal position.

Did you ever saw a heavy gunner in reallife breaking his back due to the gun goes upt and up and up? Inh arma you see laying soldiers with a more than 45 degree angle in their back. Sorry!!! Not realistic.

That is, why all PvP leagues always have a look in the modding sections to get "weapon resting" mods to prevent all that weird, coded mechanics.

I see a play between those 3 mechanics, that interfere each other or simply makes a soldiers behaviour feeling disconnected, etc. AND being disconnected to your game character is, what ultimately can ruin the whole game experience. Just saying.... :)