Sign in to follow this  
faire

Mod Collections

The last patch showed that ARMA 3 really is a platform - it hosts many players with different tastes, from vanilla SP to action demanding PvP or milsim Co-op. The latest patch showed that very clearly - there are players who hate to be hindranced by the current system and players who love to be challenged by it. The mods should be an answer to that: BIS trying to develope the platform as somewhat medium ground and modders suiting it to specific needs and likes. However for a newbie player it might be quite difficult to find out what mods would suit their preferences. Would you care to post your mod collection and describe your play-style shortly?

I play mostly SP and some co-op. I tend to like more "realistic" play as I find it more immersing.

CBA - community functionality improvement, required for some mods

ASR AI: AI mod enhancing behavior on soldier (better skill dispersion, wounds lowering skills) and unit level (use of smoke granades, better teamwork)

JSRS - a sound improvement modification, a huge improvement for the immersion and gameplay

VTS Simple Weapon Resting - a small mod that allows you to rest any weapon in almost any suitable place, increasing the accuracy (key thing after the fatigue change in 1.24)

STHUD - a mod that allows you to see the position of teammates on a miniradar - very useful for co-op played without TrackIR, enhancing the teamplay

Currently I am looking for a good medic mod...

My style of play usually is reduced to testing the stuff, that is my current wip, but apart fromt that: SP only. Focused on fun and immersion, what exactly provides both depends on my current mood.

Some addon I'm using always, if not conflicting with the mission:

CBA - ditto

JSRS - ditto

TPW MODS - variety of very nice and well done enhancements, all optional and configurable

Bigger Trunk - much more stuff can be stored in the vehicle's trunk. No own thread so far, experimental.

Few other I'm using sometimes, what usually means Pilgrimage mission playing/testing:

Unlocked uniforms - uniforms wearable regardless of side

Blastcore - has some flaws, it's still developed, but sometimes very useful visual FX (mostly light and particles) modification

INCOGNITO - solution for more realistic AI spot&recognize abilities against player and his group. No more recognized as enemy, if in the vehicle of non-hostile origin or unarmed and far enough, unless doing suspicious things. Very experimental, not perfect, no own thread. Meant for missions like Pilgrimage. Some explanations

African conflict - my favourite (although I know only few) addon with new units, weaponry and stuff

Aggressors - more bad guys to shoot off.

Surprisingly few, but seems that's enough to me. If I'm using any other, it is mostly for testing the cool stuff, these are providing. In some promising cases I'm waiting for non-wip versions.

A3 Free Aim - small mod that fixes mouse sensitivity in-game, a must-have for me, can't play without it

ASDG Joint Rails - a requirement for many weapon mods, unites different weapon mods under one roof to make weapon attachments compatible with all of them

DFS Third Person - changes the camera position while in third person, can't play without it, can't stand people who don't use it, either

Dynamic Movement - small mod that allows to jump over obstacles while moving and also jump down from second floors of buildings or any other object of same height without breaking one's legs

L Climb - allows climbing over fences and all kinds of obstacles

LKR Ammo custom configs - doesn't work anymore, but used to be a must for me; changes bullet damage

MRB A3 Voice Stop - prevents the AI from talking, making them react faster, and also making playable characters stay silent

Recoil Fix - self explanatory

RJJ Agile Helicopters - changes the way helicopters handle, very nice little mod

Saku Weapon Shake - makes your camera shake a little when firing, pretty cool effect

TAW View Distance - allows to change view distance and grass draw distance on the fly, can't live without this mod

TEN Switch Weapons While Moving - self explanatory, allows you to bind a key for switching weapons, works while moving, gets rid of that awful animation lag, that's in the game by default

VTS Weapon Resting - emulates weapon resting on all kinds of surfaces, very useful

and that's not counting all the vehicle and weapons mods. IMO, all of the above should have been implemented in the game a long time ago.

oh, I completely forgot:

LEA - the name speaks for itself, Loadout Editor - a must-have, such a time saver, I hate people that don't allow it on their servers for whatever reason.

Edited by sorophx

what is now the most credited AI mod.. (july 2014) i used bcombat, briefly berfore i had a format. so now im playing vanilla ai. Not sure whether to use an ai mod or not.

STHUD

MAO (certain pbos. bullet damage, mist and zoom)

CBA

I do a lot of stuff in the editor (Maybe I'll even finish something one day! :D) so my most common collection is CBA, MCC (extremely useful for mission making) VTS_WeaponResting (does what it says on the tin really) and Outlw_MagRepack which allows you to pack several part mags into one full one.

what is now the most credited AI mod.. (july 2014) i used bcombat, briefly berfore i had a format. so now im playing vanilla ai. Not sure whether to use an ai mod or not.

CBA

I think it is definitely worth a shot. There are quite a few recognized mods and they overlap only to an extent. ASR AI is worth trying for changing the basic soldier AI but there are also mods changing the strategy layer, like HETMAN or group behavior - Fire-Fight Improvement System.

sorophx: nice collection, I have already downloaded weapon switching mod, thanks!

There's some stuff I use when I'm not testing my own WIP stuff. Mostly AGM and JSRS. Some weapons packs when I feel like doing some screwing around with some more factions. Various faction packs that I turn on and off.

Shameless plug :o

You can create shareable collections now with Play withSIX,

share them with your friends or with the general public on the website.

How is the sniping with having the AGM influence the bullet trajectory?

It is a bit more challenging. Pressing K to get info on wind, I've only seen 'light wind from south' (probably cause in my mission wind is constant, havent tinkered with it) but I have to compensate for it. The longer the shot, the more I have to compensate. 1km shots aren't easy. Anything beyond approx 300m I have to compensate.

Forgot to mention I also use these:

@Weapon sway fixed http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180535-1-24-weapon-exaggerated-sway-got-fixed

@Weaponresting http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?155553-VTS-Simple-weapon-resting

@Realistic damage http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24204

Still, challenging. Range of target, wind, are they prone? etc.

Playing as an MG is oh so rewarding. Lay down on a street corner, turn on weaponrest, let it RIP! =)

;2733801']Shameless plug :o

I wish you guys sat down one day, and thought really hard on how to improve your interface. it's - and this is the most decent word I can come up with - unintuitive. I'm sure there are books on designing simple functional interfaces out there. I respect you for what you're doing, but - and this isn't only my opinion, all my friends share it - the old six-updater was a lot more user-friendly. I wish sickboy had stuck with that application.

A3MP + DayZ Cherno

Toadies Everything

Robert Hammer's Stuff

FAR Revive

AGM

Chinese units and weapons

SUD Russians

GIGN Units

R3F Weapons

Arma 2 Air assets port with pip upgrades

F18/E

Purple's shotguns

Some people in the group use TMR, other use VTS, I use AGM's resting.

We ported the damage values from ACE and applied them to our game.

@ sorophx

We are aware of many people having problems with the interface.

Unfortunately there are many important things to work on and just so much time.

However let's not go even more offtopic in here. You and your friends are welcome to provide more feedback and specific suggestions in the Play withSIX thread.