Sign in to follow this  
pantherapardus

BSOD screen sorted, Now for the next problem, ARma3 stopped working while in MP

Morning guys & ladies

Thank you for the spot on BSOD problem solve (Qualcomm driver was not updated).

I was hopping that the patch would fix the MP issue alot of people have.

"Arma3 stopped working" while in multiplayer and usually when we start a MP mission some of us also get this error.

any suggestions?

I've devoted the whole day only to see what I can learn around this problem

At first we thought it was our mods from the milsim community repo via Play with Six- started vanilla and some players had the same problem.

I don't get this.....

please advise

---------- Post added at 06:33 ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 ----------

We are the only milsim group in south africa, small only about 30 dedicated players, but its falling apart currently, Should i maybe gather everyone's hardware details to see if there is a sequence?

Edited by PantheraPardus

So, in mp, the screen freezes, alt/tab out to see 'arma not responding' in task manager?

Cpu temps ok? Verify steam cache?

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Also, if playing a custom mission, maybe set the view distance default under, say, 8km or less to take the strain off.

Cpu temp is stable, Steam cache was verified, ALt/tab doesn't work, I have to ALt/CNTR/DEL I tried view settings on 3000 already, Its mainly happens on our Milsim server, funny enough, But the weird thing it also happens randomly on open servers running vanilla. sigh

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 14:57 ----------

One other thing i noticed was when playing on Open servers, I crash when going to the map screen, sometimes as the map open and sometimes after the map is closed, but this is with out play with six running vanilla

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:41 ----------

Play with six meaning with no mods lol

Unsubscribe from all steam content, this may cause game clashes with addons/missions that use outdated versions of the game. If your game is current 1.24 with Bootcamp DLC try doing this. I have no idea what the real cause of this is but seems to work

Hope this helps,

Bull

Thank you Bull A,k U got me thinking in the right direction, So far I only deleted the MP game cache, and the firewall on server was switched off, one of these or both fixed it.

Ok not that. 50% of player's get the Arma3 stopped working error after the mission starts. But its so random, Arma 3 was reloaded on the server, everything from scratch, then the mods was added and its a Linux server? there we get the game crashes. We tested on a local Open server running no mods (vanilla) and no disconnects, then we tested on a Microsoft server then some of the previous players with some new players game es crashed. We compared Hardware and software but still no link to why its happening. Can it be the sever/s not communicating to steam properly? Gys but please tel me what details u need and I'll gather everything and get it to u, we're getting Milsim withdrawing symptoms.

---------- Post added at 08:47 ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 ----------

Its seems to happen when 10 or more players are on.

]