Sign in to follow this  
sancron

Bohemia on the right way with Arma 3?

Is Bohemia going the right way with Arma 3?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Is Bohemia going the right way with Arma 3?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure

BL1P: Do you use any kind of network management program? I have on my PC "Killer network manager" and after the change from gamespy to steam I wasnt able to host ArmA 3 until I figured that it was the network manager blocking the server. After changing the options of the manager I was able to host again and it work without problems.

As much as I appreciate these neat new features I dare say no, the game is not going in the right direction.

A greater level of feature based detail is what's really needed not all these UI options and go karts??

For example, I would love to see accurate hit point wounds, bleed out, broken limbs, exploding body parts, medical procedures, improved team control, more varied weapon interaction, multiple and varied animations for each class. Unique stances, body sizes, height & weight. Different stats in soldiers, different attributes like accuracy, speed, speciality, strength, stamina, fear etc all uniquely attributed to each soldier. Including ranking up, and medal awards for valour, bravery, courage. The ability to load your marines in the editor, change their names etc.. This is what makes the game deep.

Agree with a lot of it. A3 has a-lot of awesome features, but infantry combat needs a lot of improvement, it still feels a lot like the first ARMA game (it does looks much better in A3, but the core is the same). Both on damage system (soldier twich until the a shot empties the health bar and makes the soul leave the body) and on soldier animations (they just arent believable).

Edit: forgot to mention AI, they still prefer to go prone under heavy fire in the middle of the road then try to take cover in a nearby building.

Edited by valentinbk

That does not work.

I haven't been able to host a mission since the swap from Gamespy to Steam.

But I do use remote to play on our community server as its quicker than waiting 20mins for the Steam browser.

Fair enough; it worked for me when I had the same issues after Gamespy shut down.

As for the direction of Arma 3, I love it. Personally couldn't give a shite if the units/setting isn't stuck in 2001 era American units invading yet another crappy desert hell-hole.

BL1P: Do you use any kind of network management program? I have on my PC "Killer network manager" and after the change from gamespy to steam I wasnt able to host ArmA 3 until I figured that it was the network manager blocking the server. After changing the options of the manager I was able to host again and it work without problems.

Hi Derk.

Thanks for answering.

No I don't use any Network management software :(

I have BT Infinity connection @ 75Mb down and 20Mb up.

I use Zonealarm Firewall with Windows Firewall off

I have forwarded the ports in the Router. as follows...

UDP 2300-2305

UDP 8766

UDP 27016

I also disabled Zonealarm when testing.

The steam web page that displays if a server is running at the specified IP says that a server is running.

It just wont show up nor can you connect to it via remote ip.

I can connect via LAN within arma3s browser but others cannot connect to it for testing purposes.

This is on this computer and on my other computer at this location.

Very annoying.

@BL1P im not sure why you are discussing this problem in this thread. the situation with steam is not much Bis can do about.

im sure we all want gamespy back, it was 1000X better than what we got now. anyway its out of bis hands.

On topic again,

personally i dont like the way arma3 (has been | are) going. and i'll leave it to that since i dont want to write a wall of text :p

also. why is the poll closed?

Edited by nuxil

The poll is closed, but I would have put 'no'. Still, move-on as they say.

@ nuxil someone asked me a question I answered it.

Hope that helps you understand.

Sorry for the Delay, the Poll was created to run 14 Days. But this Topic should be stay as a discussion, what people miss in the way of Arma.