Sign in to follow this  
HAseONE

New Weaponsway is way to much. And holding breath bug?

Yes it does work. I know it works because I used it to hit targets in the bootcamp prologue. I'll post a video tomorrow.

Quick note though, you don't seem to be attempting to actually handle your weapon at all. Imagine if you just sat there with loose arms in real life. That's what you're doing. Why would you do that then complain that you can't handle your weapon properly?

:confused: what are you talking about? What do you mean with loose arms?

In the video i did not sprint any time, just picked my weapon + scope and went prone. And there alone in prone position the left and right sway is to much and holding breath does nothing.

If i say the sway is to much, i dont say that i want call of duty like run and gun, but if i take the time to go prone + hold the breath, there should be minimal sway for a short time.

It doesnt feel right to me, its like i am playing a drunk soldier.

And with the holding breath, this has to be a bug, because i am not the only person who sees no difference at holding breath or not.

Holding breath doesn't have enough effect.

However weapon sway is good. It might look weird at times but in the end it acheives the correct effect. It is still very possible to snipe people at 800+ metres. It just actually takes time now as you have to predict the path of the sway. In real life prone plus hold breath does not equal instant 500m headshot. Something people will have to get used to is that maximum effective engagement ranges for basic assault weapons is not 600-800 metres anymore. Now its more like 300-500m. And even then you will be inflicting casualties very slowly. To really put a dent in the enemy you have to get up close and personal. Just like in reality. surive adapt, win.

Yes the new sway system will require a bit of concetration on you part. Which can be hard to achieve when all hell is breaking loose around you. But thats why you gotta find a position where all hell isn't breaking loose around you. Sway is adding alot more depth to the game IMO.

I do want to be able to rest my weapon against something though.

". . . , To really put a dent in the enemy you have to get up close and personal. Just like in reality. survive adapt, win."

Sig worthy ..., couldn't agree more.

Yeah even with an LMG it wouldn't be that bad in real life... hey devs wanna come shoot some real guns? lol

Really? You think that sway is unrealistic from a 15lb weapon from the crouched, unsupported position with a 4x optic?

I get what some of you are saying about real life sway....but i think you all need to understand that this is a game as well and if there is no way to slow down the sway then the game becomes unplayable. I love the realism (thats why i bought this game) but there are just certain things that need to work a certain way to make a game enjoyable as well.... I hope you can understand

---------- Post added at 17:42 ---------- Previous post was at 17:41 ----------

BTW that makes me ask the next question, any modders out there come up with a quick fix addon to adjust sway until BI fixes it? I dont see any updates happening soon and honestly i really cant seem to play the game this way! Thanks :)

PvP just got..., alot more real.

Exhausted units will suffer at the hands of well managed infantry.

Rocket-men will be slow to the flanks. Marksmen will need to draw-down closer to targets.

Light infantry will finally have an important role in arma.

Heavy infantry will, at long last, pay the price of admission.

PvP just got..., alot more real.

Exhausted units will suffer at the hands of well managed infantry.

Rocket-men will be slow to the flanks. Marksmen will need to draw-down closer to targets.

Light infantry will finally have an important role in arma.

Heavy infantry will, at long last, pay the price of admission.

I will agree for this type of game play the adjustments were on point. However i think the weapon sway is still out of hand :D

This is current state of arma3, you can just run around and no one can hit u lol.

change back plz.

I get what some of you are saying about real life sway....but i think you all need to understand that this is a game as well and if there is no way to slow down the sway then the game becomes unplayable. I love the realism (thats why i bought this game) but there are just certain things that need to work a certain way to make a game enjoyable as well.... I hope you can understand

---------- Post added at 17:42 ---------- Previous post was at 17:41 ----------

BTW that makes me ask the next question, any modders out there come up with a quick fix addon to adjust sway until BI fixes it? I dont see any updates happening soon and honestly i really cant seem to play the game this way! Thanks :)

I can't believe you people would rather mod skill out of the game than take a couple of seconds to notice that you're supposed to move the mouse against the natural sway.

This is current state of arma3, you can just run around and no one can hit u lol.

change back plz.

I really like how stupid deathmatch in your video looks :cool:

I really like how stupid deathmatch in your video looks :cool:

I like how he made absolutely no attempt to control his weapon.

I like how he made absolutely no attempt to control his weapon.

I like how it looks like they're attempting to play a twitch shooter, but the game won't let them.

change back plz.

Are you ignoring the fact that you're hurt, spraying and have bullets/explosions all around you? The new weapon sway might be too much, but your video doesn't really show it.

I like how it looks like they're attempting to play a twitch shooter, but the game won't let them.

I like how he actually hit people after saying "no one can hit u lol".

Hehehe. Yep. I'm lovin it. gotta adapt guys. You can't play arma like you play counterstrike. You can get in accurate shots, just you gotta actually take some time and concentration. In that vid the player only got the kills he did because the other players he was against were trying the run and gun game as much as he. The end is a great example of how not to deal with weapon sway. Instead of taking the time to ensure a hit he just sprayed away, alerting the other player.

but i think you all need to understand that this is a game as well and if there is no way to slow down the sway then the game becomes unplayable.

What is exactly playable. Because the game is more than playable to me. If you take the time to figure out how to play it. Just because you can no longer snap shoot people at hundreds of metres away does not make the game unplayable. It does mean you may have to adapt your tactics, playstyle and expectations though.

The rested sway is roughly the same as it was in America's Army and no one had a huge problem with that?

Some people have suggested that you get tired and recover too quickly, which I would be inclined to agree with. It would also be nice to have a weapon resting option. But the current level of sway seems fine to me.

A lot of people are upset about not being able to accurately engage targets at 500m with a rifle anymore. Well, you aren't supposed to be accurately engaging targets at that range. Typical engagements should be occuring between 100 and 300 meters. Anything beyond that is area fire at best.

Edited by roshnak

The weapon sway feels about right to me. I own several hunting/military rifles and shoot often. I should also mention I'm military and qualified as expert on both pistol and rifle in the range and been through plenty of tactical law enforcement training. A standing shot w/out the ability to brace the rifle on anything is challenging, especially past 200m. The same shot after being fatigued is much more difficult. Standing, fatigued, and carrying a butt load of gear is almost impossible. Those of you who don't have shooting experience, I can understand why you're so mad/confused, but shooting straight is not easy in real life and the game is now a step closer towards reflecting that reality.

I say kudos to BIS for introducing a little realism into the shooting mechanics, keep it coming, it has felt a little "BF4ish" around here.

I can't believe you people would rather mod skill out of the game than take a couple of seconds to notice that you're supposed to move the mouse against the natural sway.

I'm not one to start back and forth arguments with people but are you telling me in real life laying on the ground the gun still sways side to side and up and down? Its a game man...i'm all for realism as i said before but the latest update just breaks the fun aspect of the game. I'm not the only one who feels this way...go read the forums. The games quite unjoyable at this moments. I'm not saying the game sucks and i regret buying it like some of these people, but i do have to agree the latest sway update is a bit extreme.... I'd like to see you move from building to building and take a few shots at a moving target and let me know how that works for you. Thats all....

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

Wow a lot more replies since i was writing my last statement. I can't seem to believe you all feel the sway is right when you run building to building. My sway literately sways left to right like crazy when 15 rounds i miss a guy 40 meters from me....this is impossible. I mean yea if i try hard enough i can finally manage to get a hit but thats just unrealistic to me.

To the comment before, you shouldn't have to fight "natural sway"....that just becomes a gaming skill and not real life situation....

I see that here there are so many veteran military about your past life....like me!

Ok! Now tell me whic wepaon did use, and i will give you a example in reale life in a video, just for to end, this illusion about what it's real and what it's just immagination about this title.

And just in case,if you are enjoy or you feel that it's a great improvement about this patch...dosent mind that it's true!

I am not talking about what it's more fun or what it's better for me but just what it's reale to 100%....regardless of the game!

The swinging about scope:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMWT5wtIRoc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpeWQU-Y_lc

Standing position whit AK-74:

Standing position CZ858 close range:

Standing position M4 carabine:

Traning:

Learn about how fast you can open fire and shot:

Do you cant move you and open fire? ...but LOL!:

Como guys,,,there are a million video about it, and always you can see about wrong it's the concept about this patch!

Edited by j4you

I see that here there are so many veteran military about your past life....like me!

Ok! Now tell me whic wepaon did use, and i will give you a example in reale life in a video, just for to end, this illusion about what it's real and what it's just immagination about this title.

And just in case,if you are enjoy or you feel that it's a great improvement about this patch...dosent mind that it's true!

I am not talking about what it's more fun or what it's better for me but just what it's reale to 100%....regardless of the game!

Stand up position whit AK-74:

Stand up CZ858 close range:

Stand up M4 carabine:

Traning:

Learn about how fast you can open fire and shot:

you cant move you and open fire ...but LOL!:

You can do all of this in-game too, you just have to learn how to handle your weapon. It's really easy.

I made a new video using a long range scope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBCUimfdPZc&feature=youtu.be

No sprinting, running or much stuff in my pockets.

So please tell me how can i aim accurately with this sway. And again, you can hear my char breathing after i held the breath, but there were no difference in sway :O

How can you implement such extreme weapon sway, when there is no weapon resting?

I made a new video using a long range scope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBCUimfdPZc&feature=youtu.be

No sprinting, running or much stuff in my pockets.

So please tell me how can i aim accurately with this sway. And again, you can hear my char breathing after i held the breath, but there were no difference in sway :O

How can you implement such extreme weapon sway, when there is no weapon resting?

Why aren't you counteracting the sway? You do not understand how to play this game.

You can do all of this in-game too, you just have to learn how to handle your weapon. It's really easy.

...dont be fun plz!

Why aren't you counteracting the sway? You do not understand how to play this game.

No man!...May be you dont wont understand what it's true and what it's wrong.

I dont need that somebody through a videogame explain to me how must work a assault rifle in reale life.

Now!If you wont say, that for to play this game, i must adopt another way for what is obvious and normal ..... that's another thing!

But dont tell me that this simulates reality!

You could be sorprise what you can do in crounch position whit a M4 carabine to the frist target to 100-150 mt!

What they should do instead is to simulate a higher recoil weapons and lower the sway effect and give greater priority to the breath!

Edited by j4you

You know..

I wouldn't care so much about the new weapon sway if the AI had as much trouble as a player does when aiming at long range, the thing is, it doesn't.

That makes it unfair. When you are stuggling to hit a thing at a certain range while not being able to get out of cover because the enemy AI will decimate you that just makes it unnecessarily difficult, and unrealistic. Either that or whatever side you're playing on doesn't train their soldiers while the enemies are some serious professionals.

In multiplayer, it would just get annoying.

What's hard it's come back very fast, after the frist recoil about your weapon,to focus again on the target....keep calm heartbeat...and open the fire again. [i am talking in medium range target, in singol shot mode.]

This will be affected by your posture and the tension that currently you feel....that's all!

Saying so it seems easy but it is not!

In fact, a normal shooter ,but already war veteran,he will always be more lethal than an exceptional shooter cadet to the frist action mission!

Anyway.... the mechanism about works that swing it's absurd and illogical.

Edited by j4you