Sign in to follow this  
HAseONE

New Weaponsway is way to much. And holding breath bug?

Hi

In my opinion, the new weaponsway is just to much.

With a normal reddot sight it doesnt feel so bad, but with any scope for longer ranges like an ARCO its almost impossible to aim accurately at longer ranges.

I made a short video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRitJmwzFss&feature=youtu.be

As you can see, my char is crouched and my scope sways extreme from side to side. And if i go prone the sway decreases, but its still to much.

And i think holding breath is broken. It helps not a bit. In the video you can hear my chars breathing after i held the breath and the sway increases for a short time, but in the time of holding breath, there is no difference. :butbut:

Yes I totally agree with you mate. This is way to much and unrealistic. Please reduce the sway BI, please!!

The weapon sway massively over exaggerated and too much, in a PVP if you get hit once and the enemy is say 20 -40 meters away you are dead because you cannot return fire. I always though BIS walked pretty well on the fine line between simulation and game play but this is just to much simulation. If people really want a simulation that's what mods are for, leave the default vanilla game play as it is PLEASE. Or do something Microsoft has forgotten how to do.... make it an option! :(

Hello guys, not to be annoying but have you tried aiming with a long range scope in real life? If not, I recommend it to you. You might be surprised how much sway there is even when fully rested...

Hello guys, not to be annoying but have you tried aiming with a long range scope in real life? If not, I recommend it to you. You might be surprised how much sway there is even when fully rested...

Yes, Plus the range I mentioned isn't long range.

I will agree that holding your breath is not working properly or it is very inefficient in the current state. But this was to be expected, I'm sure fatigue and sway will still be tweaked and improved upon. Still the changes are going in the right direction and overhauling of the system was long overdue.

I havent yet played the game today but I did see the update, and read the log. What happened to weapon bracing, or resting?

If your going to make the weapon sway all over creation, at least give/create, something the feature where the weapon can be braced, tripods deployed if any,

and the weapon be able to rest on something.

IMO unless you just got done with a sprint, or a short hike and your cooling down from it and about to take up position then I can see

the gun swaying from that, but when your relaxed your gun should be swaying like your drunk, again you should be able to brace your weapon.

Hello guys, not to be annoying but have you tried aiming with a long range scope in real life?

Yes i have it will move but thats why you brace the weapon on something.

If you're holding breath while already fatigued it isn't gonna help much.

Play around in the Virtual Arsenal, see how fatigue works, and see how to control your weapon sway. It's like they've switched weapon handling from Automatic to Manual, now YOU need to control your weapon.

wow bistudio really... People already annoyed at the last change to the fundamental core of the game a few weeks back. Now you push another insane scope sway.. i cannot even lay down and aim no more! I had 5 mates buy the game in the sale, no of them will even play due to the game been "frustrating" to say the least.

Change it back, allow optional tick box for co-op players to enable, pvp servers are up in flame wars in game chat over this stuiped change.

I don't see any confirmation in that article.

well even if it was, their is no need to release this much sway with out been able to rest.

I agree with you, weaponresting is more necessary than ever with this patch.

Traveling to the space is also hard and annoying sometime. So what? Forget and watching TV? Because difficulties always generate a lot of excuses. "Hey, i am real soldier, and do not feel recoil, fatigue, swaying. Someone crying and don't play your game." Who crying? Very skilled guy from Kings of Hills who likes shooting from AA in friendly helicopters? And prefer 3DP? "Hey, i am real soldier, that's why i can see upon the wall and corners." So, maybe stop crying and help to straighten out this issue.

mh any chance to bring the sway system from 1.22 back with a script or mod ? or is this now a permanent part from arma3-engine ...I still can not graspFPDR

Well that sucks if holding breath doesn't work :eek:

Well that sucks if holding breath doesn't work :eek:

It does work, but obviously you won't be able to do much with holding your breath if you're already tired and out of it.

It does work, but obviously you won't be able to do much with holding your breath if you're already tired and out of it.

No it does not work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cdMBc98ZSg

here i tested it in the editor to eliminate bugs from koth.

You can hear my chars heavy breathing after i held the breath and while holding breath the sway does not change.

The tower is 230m away, so how should i hit something accurately at 500+m?

And look at the end, where i stand up. The sway is extreme. Yes there should be sway while standing, but this feels not right. It feels like my char is drunk.

And sorry but in my opinion, its the wrong priority. I think i have never read something, that the community wants more weapon sway.

Shouldnt it be the first priority, to optimize the game/engine, before changeing something unimportant?

I agree, holding breath doesn't do anything unless you're completely rested and standing up. Even in prone I can't see any effect, except that after holding breath the sway increases. :(

I think holding breath should always steady the aim, more or less, depending on how tired you are.

No it does not work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cdMBc98ZSg

here i tested it in the editor to eliminate bugs from koth.

You can hear my chars heavy breathing after i held the breath and while holding breath the sway does not change.

The tower is 230m away, so how should i hit something accurately at 500+m?

And look at the end, where i stand up. The sway is extreme. Yes there should be sway while standing, but this feels not right. It feels like my char is drunk.

And sorry but in my opinion, its the wrong priority. I think i have never read something, that the community wants more weapon sway.

Shouldnt it be the first priority, to optimize the game/engine, before changeing something unimportant?

Yes it does work. I know it works because I used it to hit targets in the bootcamp prologue. I'll post a video tomorrow.

Quick note though, you don't seem to be attempting to actually handle your weapon at all. Imagine if you just sat there with loose arms in real life. That's what you're doing. Why would you do that then complain that you can't handle your weapon properly?

Just for curiosity but...how many people here have some experience about weapons?

I am asking it because i dont understand how you can belived that in real life, something like a wepaon assault (about 4-5 Kg), can to be so hard to keep the aim in stable in relax time for 2-3 sec.

If you have time try to go in a polygon and you will see that the sway it's a lots less in confront to this game....dosent matter in whic condition or posture!

That dosent mind that it will be easy shot the target....but that happen for other cause as poor concentration....too many repetitive sessions to hold your breath..and so on!

It's common thing to think that if a game become very difficult means that we are close to perfect simulation ..... as in this case...100%100 wrong!

...but if you are enjoy to belived it....ok!

Edited by j4you

Just for curiosity but...how many people here have some experience about weapons?

I am asking it because i dont understand how you can belived that in real life, something like a wepaon assault, can to be so hard to keep the aim in stable in relax time for 2-3 sec.

If you have time try to go in a polygon and you will see that the sway it's a lots less in confront to this game....dosent matter in whic condition or posture!

That dosent mind that it will be easy shot the target....but that happen for other cause as poor concentration....too many repetitive sessions to hold your breath..and so on!

It depends on how long you just ran before trying to aim, and on the amount of charge on your back while you were running.

I agree the sway is slightly overdone now, but most people I see crying are comparing the sway when allready full exhausted. I'd like to see a full exhausted soldier "relax for 2-3 sec" tbh.

It depends on how long you just ran before trying to aim, and on the amount of charge on your back while you were running.

I agree the sway is slightly overdone now, but most people I see crying are comparing the sway when allready full exhausted. I'd like to see a full exhausted soldier "relax for 2-3 sec" tbh.

I agree if you run in sprint mode after 100 mt, or run for more that 200 mt in normal mode...even if the recovery person who is trained he will still be always much faster that here.

But if you are in relax time (heart rate at rest), especially if you are in prone position,that can happen just if you have a unbelived difficulty about coordination...as not finding the mouth with a fork!! :)

Edited by j4you

Yeah even with an LMG it wouldn't be that bad in real life... hey devs wanna come shoot some real guns? lol

So I was just playing a single player infantry showcase. I got shot once and used a first aid kit, then I moved forward down the valley after a short wait. I got in the sitting position with a DMR on the side of a hill and HOLY CRAP you would be lucky to hit the broad side of a barn. And another thing I notice is that the AI aren't affected AT ALL you shoot them and the next round they fire hits you.... Plus it takes soooooo many 6.5mm rounds to take an AI down, it always has but before you could get a few off at them in quick succession but now that's nearly impossible even once first aided!